Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

skynet, trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Qt Designer
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
First screenshot of the Qt Designer running:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5482530/Images/designer.png

And yes, it _does_ work and doesn't crash (at least not yet!).

Go to top
Re: Qt Designer
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

AmyCygnix, but still, nice to see. Will be cool to have native version of QT, so we can port many apps to os4 :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

...and _create_ many more new apps, hopefully

No seriously, if you are thinking of learning how to code apps, Qt is a really great environment. Of course you have to get your grips on c++, but then you get a really easy and diverse environment, and not to forget near instant portability 8-D

A native version is pretty far out in the future, though...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil
Well we should be able to make an AmiCygnix version of the new Lightwave Core then, I hear it's made in pure C++ aside from the GUI which is made in QT designer (if only we had the source code )

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DAX

and Google Earth... and Skype... and.... 8-D

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Awesome! I love Qt!

Only problem is, with Qt available on Amiga, I could then work from home.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@robo-ant

Quote:

robo-ant wrote:
Awesome! I love Qt!

Only problem is, with Qt available on Amiga, I could then work from home.

Not me. I'd need VPN and NX. Well, I could use VNC instead of NX, but NX is a better experience, but either way, VPN is required.

I'm happy to see more things working, even if through AmiCygnix. I don't think that's such a terrible thing, at least it gets us somewhere at all with things that would otherwise just not happen at all.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billt

Can you (or anybody else) tell what is needed to make that VPN (Virtual Private Network) to happen. Is it enough to port OpenVPN client to Amiga or does it have to be integrated into Roadshow or something else ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Dunno will it make any sense for you or not, but, i detect today that QT 4.7 was ported to Haiku, by russian porting team of Gerasim Troeglazov & Evgeny Abdraimov. And they successfully ported such programms:

Vacuum 1.0.2
Transmission Bt 2.0
QCad 2.0.5
Kvirc
SQLiteMan 1.2.1
Beediff
Fotowall
QGit 2.3

That is good to have for us, and, maybe it will make any sense to trying to contact with them, and maybe share some sources beetwen ? I know nothing about Haiku, but still, maybe it will make sense to contact with them, and maybe they can help more with futher developing

Edited by kas1e on 2010/7/20 15:43:47
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

As I also know nothing about Haiku (other than that it used to be BeOS, maybe ??), so I don't know if it will make sense to collaborate. I also know none of the applications that you mention, but I'll take a look at it and see if any of them make sense to port at the current stage. My personal goals are to have the Qt WebKit browser work and to try and make a port of MuseScore (music editing).

News on Qt: Moved the entire thing to dynamic linking (phew), so now instead of having executables of 70 MB they are now down to 2 MB or less On the downside every app now firmly crashes on exit...

Also WebKit module is now partially functional:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5482530/Images/webkit1.png

Only offline browsing is supported at the moment, though.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Good progress anyway. Related to ports which i mention:

vacuum - good jabber client (heavy by features, and modern, no like that jabberwooky which we have).

Trasmission BT - cool bittorren client (with plugins,addons and alt).

QCAD - 2D CAD system

kvirc - irc client (make no sense imho, because wookiechat good enough).

sqliteman - SQLite management tool.

Beediff - not so important too imho, just a GUI based programm for comparing and merging files.

Fotowall - photo editor. Screenshot.

Qgit - tool for developers, with which you will be able to browse revisions history, view patch content and changed files, graphically following different development branches. Screenshots

Imho Vacuum, TransmissionBT and QCAD are good to have.

Btw, how hard did you think will be later make that QT native ? Should be re-implemented x-window wrapper for X functions ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Btw, how hard did you think will be later make that QT native ? Should be re-implemented x-window wrapper for X functions ?

I think it's going to be very hard, but then again, I'm not the best programmer you could ask for. Actually I haven't looked very much inside Qt at all, I have just been patient enough to find the right configuration options to make it compile. Fx. just compiling the WebKit module takes more than 24 hourse etc. I think it would be pretty much impossible for someone like me to do a native port, sorry.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil

Verry good.

Thanks for your work on QT and hope will be completed

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

Cools tuff & great work!

about Haiku & russian dev team ...
If they got x1000 and xorro-to-geekport-adapter from TrevorD, I bet they would become interested.

(BeBox reborn for them)

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top

Register To Post