Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Quake II
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have played the game for a while before posting here.. My problem is that while i am playing quake II (this happens after a short period of time or after a long period..) the game suddenly freezes and i cannot do anything.. it totally freezes my system and i have to hard reset my sam440ep mini itx..

Before posting the problem, i also tried to boot my system without the wbstartup drawer, i thought that maybe some commodities or program could be the cause of the problem, maybe some conflicts, but nothing changed...

So here i am, any ideas?.. unfortunatly i cannot even catch a GR Log file to send to the author..

Edit: i use the new quake II version released by Hyperion

Edited by nubechecorre on 2010/6/3 11:45:10
Go to top
Re: Quake II
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hmmm... I have played it for several hours. Quake II simply does not crash for me :-/

I have an AmigaOne XE-G4 with Radeon 7500.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

maybe i can try to use snoopdos to see if everything goes wrong when the game freezes.. Does Snoopy write a log file when is active? (i used it few times..)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

I doubt Snoopy would tell anything. Could you hook up a null modem cable from the SAM to a PC?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

yes i can , tel me what to do and i'll do it

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

Attach the null modem cable, and run a terminal package on the PC (I recommend Tera Term Pro). I *think* it should be set to 115200, 8n1. See if you get any output when Quake II crashes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

this problem arrive only with AOS 4.1U2 ???? (remember if you have played previously with QUAKE2 with success)

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@xeron

Quote:
*think* it should be set to 115200, 8n1.

When I was trying to see why my A1XE wasn't booting anymore (in fact due to bad CPU soldering to CPU Module board) it was those numbers I used, IIRC Flow control was also important but can't remember what it should be set to...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mrodfr

well, i don't know as i only played this new version of quake with update 2.. before i didn't play it..

@Xeron

ok so i only need this, no special settings on sam to send output on the serial while playing quake II ?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nubechecorre

I said that because I have sometime freeze with AOS4.1U2, for example jumping to Ibrowse public screen to workbench screen or when openeing the asl requester with a tool.

I have never seen that before and a complete freeze. I must reboot.

hum, I can say that this problem arrive......more or less each boot of the SAM...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @nubechecorre

... the game suddenly freezes and i cannot do anything...and i have to hard reset
What kind of input: mouse or joystick?
Was it USB optical or PS2? I don't use USB optical because it's too wobbly. PS2 always works.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

i have and use mouse and keyboard usb logitech with a dlink hub

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

i connected the sam and the pc with a null modem cable, running quake i see no input in the terminal under window.. even if it doesn't freeze, it should show something right?..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

The kernel should spit out a crashlog over the serial.. although now i mention it, I don't know i the public releases of OS4 do that...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

could you please check this?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

I think you have to add word "serial" to your OS4 boot command line into UBoot to make system to write debug output into serial port. Otherwise it will put debug output into systems internal log in RAM.

Open Shell. Check your current settings with 'NVGetVar os4_commandline'. You can set it with 'NVSetVar os4_commandline "debuglevel=0 serial"'.

I think you can use KDebug command in Shell to do that change of debug output temporarily.

You can find this info from sys:Documentation/kernel/KDebug.readme file.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does someone know where I can get Quake II (data files) from (for AOS4)? There are 2 ports out there, right? From Hyperion and Xeron? Which is better?

It seems it can't be bought from Vesalia or Amigakit anymore.

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nexus

The Xeron's port is for/from Hyperion, you can buy the game from amigakit.com, here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/c ... ducts_id=205¤cy=EUR

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Everything is setup correctly here, tonight i'll play quakeII and see what happens, crossed fingers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

This is my lucky night , after connecting my sam to pc and using the serial, QuakeII decided to not freeze but crash, so, now, i have a GR with everything you need (hope so) to catch that bug!!

If you could give me your address via pm i'll send you the crash log

OT

i tried the game in software render and it is faster than opengl, is it normal?

/OT

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »