Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 76

TheMagicSN, rwo, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
Re: Filer 53.27 uploaded
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@abalaban

Sorry to continue the off-topic point, but I also use and appreciate FTPMount.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

With the menu thing. Do you have sticky menus selected in GUI prefs, if so and you drag the left mouse buttong over multiple options you will get multiple menu actions. this is particular noticable in AWeb, but I think it affects almost any program.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues Quote:
Do you have sticky menus selected in GUI prefs, if so and you drag the left mouse buttong over multiple options you will get multiple menu actions.

Damn! You are right. Seems more like a bug than a feature, and I don't remember getting that behaviour on OS3 with MagicMenu.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

If you can write a guide on how to reproduce it I can file a bug report to the right people.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

I was just wondering myself whether that was abug or a feature.....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Not sure if this is entirely the right/correct place to suggest this or not, but here goes:

Given that I (and I know of at least one other), use filer as an IDE type application (find your file click to edit etc.) I was wondering if w could have an SVN plugin for it with all the usual features (import/checkout/browse etc), or would be better as an FTPMount style application? (yes I'm aware there is a command line svn for AOS4, but wanted something a bit more user friendly).

Regards

Mark

For custom designed applications, websites, ecommerce and secure hosting visit:

www.icestarmedia.com
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Mark

Yeah that would be possible. I've thought about different view types that may handle stuff like that and svn support is one of them. Would require parsing the .svn files and directories and somehow automatically find the username/password.

However anything like that would be far off into the future.

Personally I've created a few user buttons that call svn add/checkout etc. Perhaps that would help you for now.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
If you can write a guide on how to reproduce it I can file a bug report to the right people.

Sure:

Open Sys:Prefs/GUI, click the "Menus" tab, and ensure that "Sticky panels" is ticked. This isn't REQUIRED, but it makes it easier to reproduce.

Starting on Workbench, click on an icon, so it is selected. Then press & release the RMB to get Workbench's menu at the top of the screen. Go to the Icons menu, and move the mouse pointer over "Rename...". Now *hold* the LMB down on it, and *drag* downwards until you reach the "Information..." menu. Release the LMB button, and you should find that Workbench has opened two windows - one for "Rename" and one for "Information"!

Note that it is easy to do this accidentally, if you left click near the top/bottom of one menu item, the mouse pointer moves a pixel or so on to the previous/next item, and then you release it. I'm doing this all the time in Filer.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

The menu issue bounced back to me, apparently it's a feature and is supposed to be that way.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
apparently it's a feature and is supposed to be that way.

I have to say that is RIDICULOUS, because I am *always* accidentally Closing a Filer window, when I am choosing Update from the menu ((( . Sometimes other stupid things get selected too.

There should at least be a Prefs option to say whethe you want this "feature" enabled or not.

But IMHO it should be disabled by default, because I cannot see a common usage for this feature, while it is easily accidentally used.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@origin
I wrote Quote:
But occasionally I come across files that Filer will not open correctly, and have to use Workbench instead. I can't remember which ones caused a problem, nor can I find them at the moment, so I will just have to remember to report it when I come across them again.

First problem I noticed: If I double-click on a script with a .info file that uses IconX as the Tool, I get the error message "ICONX: This program cannot be started from the shell". Just tried it with WbRun, and same error, so seems to be a WbRun bug?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

Hmm, asked around on that one. Seems it's a known problem. No idea if/when it will be fixed.

Supposedly , IWorkbench->OpenWorkbenchObject() isn't a solution either, since it has other problems.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

Try copying wbrun 52.1 from an OS4.0 CD and it will probably work better. iconx stuff works for me then anyway.

edit: I made a workaround for it, please test:
http://orgin.biz/~orgin/filer/Filer

Edited by orgin on 2009/12/10 18:43:28

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

I get the error message "ICONX: This program cannot be started from the shell".
Filetype is wrong for script?
Just tried it with WbRun, and same error, so seems to be a WbRun bug?
Well, if it's script, then WbRun can't run it!
You lost logically twice! Y/N ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Snuffy

There's an actual bug in wbrun :) So he's not wrong.

wbrun's task is to open files as if you opened them from the wb. A script with an icon and a default tool that points to "iconx" can be started from the wb. But the bug prevents wbrun to start it. It works in an older wbrun version (52.1) but not in the later versions.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Thanks! The test version seems to start IconX icons fine now.

Did you have to implement your own WbRun code? (I assume you used the WbRun command before.)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Unfortunately it does NOT fix opening of iconless HTML files. I have a DefIcon which has OpenURL as the "Default tool", and "Start from" set to Workbench.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

I just check if the file has an icon, using icon.library. If it does I use OpenWorkbenchObject() otherwise I use wbrun. So it seems there's more bugs in wbrun then.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I have a little suggestion about marking: For example you have :
file1
file2
file3
file4
file5

When you want to Mark all 5 files by mouse, then it's no problems, you just mark file1, and move mouse up to file5. But if you want for example mark all, except file4 ? Will be cool to have something like pressing on shift while marking, will allow to you mark all files which you want (even if you realase mouse). Likle in all modern file-managers .. What you think ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Well, try holding shift and you'll be amazed ;)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »