Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 69

davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 4 5 »
Filer 53.27 uploaded
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I've uploaded a new filer release.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... tility/filetool/filer.lha

The old sdk may have caused problems for Sam users so me rebuilding it with the new SDK may solve issues with running the software on a Sam.

Just some minor changes:

53.27:

- Add a RefreshWindowFrame() after each window title update

- Add stack cookie

- Rebuild all components using new SDK

- Decrease stack usage in copy/move and search

Edit: Forgot to mention that I've increased the copy buffer

Edited by orgin on 2009/11/28 16:37:19
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Filer 53.27 uploaded
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Thanks for the update!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Will try it ASAP!

One request: Can you please stop the Escape key from closing the window? It is quite annoying to suddenly loose the window you are working on, when you were pressing escape for a requester, and the focus changes back to Filer...

Also, I had noticed some strange behaviour with the last release(s), but had trouble pinning it down. When I choose a menu option, it sometimes seems to also do several other menu options near there (including Close lister to my annoyance). But other times it works fine.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

I use ESC quite a lot, hmm, perhaps it can be optional?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

A good program, thanks for the latest version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I am sure some people would like Escape, but I find it very surprising, particularly in an Amiga app (we already have Amiga-Q).

Either escape could be optional as you suggest, or it would ask for confirmation before closing (you would have to press Enter to quit, or Escape to cancel quitting).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the update

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Thanks! I love this program.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
One of the best os4-only programm. Hope that will mature more and more :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
thanks, i start using regularly now thanks for the update

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Is it possible to build in configurable directory buttons? The same like configurable buttons for the programs/tools.
I wanna have a dir button for e.g. "SYS:MUI/Libs/mui" and name it to "MUI" or "System:Locale/Catalogs/german" and name it to "Local" and so on...
So I can faster reach all of my favourite dirs.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@gurus2000

Yes it's possible, and it's also on the task list already :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Hello and sorry to bother you. I have tried Filer on my SamEp667Mhz with OS4.1. I was impressed! I do realize that it still has a long way to go but it seems that it becomes more and more mature.

I have a problem regarding performance though. When I am trying to resize the window, I can see a gray scale image from the right bottom of the window to be resized together with the window of Filer.

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Further ideas for your "to do" list:
* A list of recently visited folders. I *really* miss this from DOpus5, as often I want to go back to a folder I just closed.
* Option for pattern-matching to not clear the previous matches. Perhaps you could add both logical "OR" and "AND" options for extra power?
* Double-clicking on a file WITH an icon should act like WbRun, rather than (Shell) Run.
* Use DefIcons for filetype recognition... Perhaps this would be solved by the previous suggestion?
* Show Workbench icons rather than white squares (but I guess this is already on your list).
* Option for clicking a file will also highlight it's icon file (if exists).
* If no folders are selected, then Find will search the current folder. (This way makes much more sense IMHO.)

As for bugs:
* I noticed that with recent version of Filer, sometimes a Filer window will stop responding to any command. I have to Clone the window (and close the previous one) to do what I want. Often seems to happen when using FTP Mount - maybe related is the fact that (due to lack of nofication events) it often shows files/folders that have been deleted.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

"* A list of recently visited folders. I *really* miss this from DOpus5, as often I want to go back to a folder I just closed."

On the task list already

"* Option for pattern-matching to not clear the previous matches. Perhaps you could add both logical "OR" and "AND" options for extra power?"

Hold down left shift when you click the pattern button

"* Double-clicking on a file WITH an icon should act like WbRun, rather than (Shell) Run."

Err, it does just that. Files not matched by the user defined filetypes are launched with 'WbRun "filename"'

"* Use DefIcons for filetype recognition... Perhaps this would be solved by the previous suggestion?"

Already does. Also check file type configuration which adds some extra options to it. (Does not work on 4.0 due to missing function in icon.library)

"* Show Workbench icons rather than white squares (but I guess this is already on your list)."

Yes on the list.

"* Option for clicking a file will also highlight it's icon file (if exists)."

Will check into what could be added when I add automatic icon handling. Which is on the list.

"* If no folders are selected, then Find will search the current folder. (This way makes much more sense IMHO.)"

True, I'll fix that.

"* I noticed that with recent version of Filer, sometimes a Filer window will stop responding to any command. I have to Clone the window (and close the previous one) to do what I want. Often seems to happen when using FTP Mount - maybe related is the fact that (due to lack of nofication events) it often shows files/folders that have been deleted."

Perhaps related to FTPMount with it never responding when I ask the device to list files or somesuch. If it doesn't happen when you delete a local directory (f.e. ram:myfolder) then it's FTPMount that is acting up. Filer does not keep a local list of files in a cache or some other such technique, so what you do or don't see is what ftpmount delivers to Filer. Filer exposes several problems in ftpmount, such as what happens if the user tries to create a folder in ftp: Hopefully a new ftpmount will be released soon with a lot less bugs. I've also suggested to the current ftpmount maintainer that he adds a Partial file system notification support to the ftpmount handler.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

It's a pity I don't have currently time to work again on FTPMount. What you are describing seems reasonably doable but only need me to spend a few time on it what I currently can't
Also apart from you and ChrisH I had no impression FTPMount was so much used so wasn't high on my project priority list :-/

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

I use it every day to transfer files to/from my server(s). It rocks together with the Filer when you can just write ftp://mysite.com in the address bar.

A new release with the current Issues fixed would be much appreciated :)

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

I was using it! And I had sent you a mail some time ago.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

I took your advice and tried Filer but being used to Magellan on its own screen with 4 fixed listers and now using Dopus 4 on a screen of its own would take quite some time to get used to Filer on WB and not having that big button bar at the bottom...

Quote:

I am sure some people would like Escape, but I find it very surprising, particularly in an Amiga app (we already have Amiga-Q).

MUI introduced Escape as a standard way of closing windows and I must say it is quite practical at times. But in this case I can definately see it as an option.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
"* Double-clicking on a file WITH an icon should act like WbRun, rather than (Shell) Run."

Err, it does just that. Files not matched by the user defined filetypes are launched with 'WbRun "filename"'

Hmmm, yes, I guess it does. But occasionally I come across files that Filer will not open correctly, and have to use Workbench instead. I can't remember which ones caused a problem, nor can I find them at the moment, so I will just have to remember to report it when I come across them again.

Quote:
Perhaps related to FTPMount with it never responding when I ask the device to list files or somesuch.

It does not happen ONLY with FTP Mount - just that it seems to happen more commonly with FTP Mount. Gets quite annoying when a Filer goes non-responsive, and I have to close it... Sadly I have not been able to notice under exactly what conditions it happens. (Same goes for Filer's menu behaviour going wierd - no idea why it happens.)

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 4 5 »