Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Glame
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello, I'm working on a front end for Lame named Glame, do you like the design?

Click Here!

What you see is the AROS version, but when it will be finished an OS4 and a 68k versions will be released too

Go to top
Re: Glame
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Allanon

Nice that you follow my suggestion about it
Seems nice altrough I prefer a more "Amiga-Like" GUI but I think that it is related to Hollywood

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Allanon

Looks good.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Nice!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Allanon

Nice!
Plz do a simply GUI and possibly with progress meters when encodig...thats so nice to see :)

GOOD WORK!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo

I will try to catch the output of lame and convert in same sort of feedback in the encoding window :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Allanon

Quote:
What you see is the AROS version, but when it will be finished an OS4 and a 68k versions will be released too

That's great!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Allanon

Quote:

Allanon wrote:
@Tuxedo

I will try to catch the output of lame and convert in same sort of feedback in the encoding window :)

OK! TNX 100000!

GOOD WORK!

EDIT: ETA of first release?

EDIT2: if possible use AISS that give to the GUI a professional look :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo
sorry no AISS at the moment, but in the next version of ScuiLib will be support for images/icons in buttons and I hope to make a gui theme more OS4 like.

ETA is unknown, the program is actually missing:
- Encoding Profile editing
- Tons of lame options
- Preferences
- The encoding feedback you have requested ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Allanon

But it can use the program Lame and only be a great and easy to use GUI for it? ... That would be great for everyone no matter what OS one are using.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Allanon

But it can use the program Lame and only be a great and easy to use GUI for it? ... That would be great for everyone no matter what OS one are using.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sorry that I have to say that, but the GUI looks horrible.
You are breaking almost every design law for GUIs in order to gain some Eye-Candy, but all you gain is confusion and an inconsistent, diletant look.

Too many font styles, too many colors, to many different borders, randomly-made layout and on top of all a fake Window Manager for the status window. And probalby it all falls into pieces if you choose a different font (if supported at all).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Allanon

Quote:

Allanon wrote:
@Tuxedo
sorry no AISS at the moment, but in the next version of ScuiLib will be support for images/icons in buttons and I hope to make a gui theme more OS4 like.

ETA is unknown, the program is actually missing:
- Encoding Profile editing
- Tons of lame options
- Preferences
- The encoding feedback you have requested ;)

Well...

Encoding profile and all the lame options wasnt so needed at sart no? The program can work also without (just selecting bit rate and frequency and maybe the VBR)...

Preferences was enough in TolTypes at beginning

My request wasnt a prior need... :)

However:

GOOD WORK!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo

Well, if you need it I will release a beta version with some preloaded profiles yuo can select with the drop down gadget.
Before that I want to include same basic preferences like:
- Clear FileList after encoding (Flag)
- Remove original Files after encoding (Flag)
- Overwrite existing files (Flag)
- Play sound when encoding has been completed (Flag)

I'd like to insert two more buttons to play/stop the selected file in the FileList.

Let's say next week I can release something
:)

@Wanderer
Yes, I know about the look of the gui but you should know that I'm using Hollywood to build this app and a Gui library developed by me named ScuiLib.
Hollywood doesn't have any sort of Gui and can't open any windows except the main program window.
So I was forced to develop a Gui library by myself, it's event driven and I've made a fake window system because I can't open system windows.
The gui is skinnable and right now I prefer to focus to the app development and ScuiLib testing then skin design :)

When I'll have time I'll try to make an OS4-like theme, but actually I've other priorities, first of all I've to complete the missing classes in ScuiLib.

Fonts are the same there are just two different sizes (11 and 9 if I remember right)
Why are you saying "randomly-made layout"? We can discuss about it, I'd like to have a simple front Gui with all of the options in the profiles editor, any suggestions? How can I improve the layout?

Regards,
Allanon

P.S.: if I change the font of the title bar of the fake window nothing will fall into pieces :P

Go to top

Register To Post