Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
OWB 2.9 Released !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Big news this time !

2.9 (14.9.2008)
- Changed the way the timer works reducing delays in some cases.
- URL and search gadget contents are saved before and restored after
(un)iconify.
- Updated to SVN revision 486.
- Using Cairo instead of SDL for graphics now, requires AmigaOS 4.1.
- Enabled SVG support.
- Fixed frame bugs.
- Marked text is cleared after successfull copy.
- Added edit menu.
- The 4th and 5th mouse buttons are used for back-/forward now.

http://strohmayer.org/

Go to top
Re: OWB 2.9 Released !
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Jorg, what's the advantage of using cairo in OWB now?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc

Maybe speed

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
Jorg, what's the advantage of using cairo in OWB now?
The Cairo graphics implementation is more complete than the SDL one. WebKit supports Cairo, SDL support is from OWB and doesn't include everything (yet), for example next to nothing of the SVG parts work with SDL.

@samo79

Quote:
Maybe speed
No.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Will it test for 4.1 presence and fallback to sdl under 4.0 or should I wait for my copy to arrive? (Itailan post is slow )

Thanks for the progress!
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Will it test for 4.1 presence and fallback to sdl under 4.0 or should I wait for my copy to arrive? (Itailan post is slow )
Cairo is a shared object, on OS 4.0 OWB 2.9 wont even load ("Required Object is missing").

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

So (methinks) it would be clearer to state that the whole OWB needs os4.1, not cairo only.
Just for ppl who hadn't their coffee or morning dose of alcohol yet...
Yep, I know I'm scrutinizer

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
So (methinks) it would be clearer to state that the whole OWB needs os4.1, not cairo only.
If there would be a port of Cairo (libcairo.so, and the shared objects required by Cairo: libexpat.so, libfontconfig.so, libfreetype.so und libpixman-1.so) it would work on AmigaOS 4.0 as well. But "requires AmigaOS 4.1" is in the history on my homepage and in the Readme already, "Requirements:?AmigaOS 4.1" on os4depot.net and "Architecture: ppc-amigaos >= 4.1.0" on Aminet.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

I have an issue where by no text is visable in owb. I've just reinstalled OS4.1 (boot from CD full install not upgrade) and the problem is present with OWB in sys:utilities and the 2.9 archive. Could this be a font problem ?

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I was refering to the "Changelog" contents in this news item .
Anyway, it might be just me and my scrutinizing mood, so I'll stop wasting your and others' time ...

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jurassicc

Quote:
I have an issue where by no text is visable in owb. I've just reinstalled OS4.1 (boot from CD full install not upgrade) and the problem is present with OWB in sys:utilities and the 2.9 archive. Could this be a font problem ?
Sound like a problem with the fonts, but it shouldn't happen if you didn't change anything and didn't install additional fonts yet. I just booted from a clean AmigaOS 4.1 partition without any changes and both OWB 1.25 and 2.9 are working correctly. The only fonts OWB needs are the DejaVu fonts which are included in AmigaOS 4.x.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Just for ppl who hadn't their coffee or morning dose of alcohol yet...
Yep, I know I'm scrutinizer

Jack
Well, instead of storing OWB in Works:Internet, I have now moved it to sys:utilities, the same way it is installed in OS4.1. I have updated the OS4.1 version from v1.25 to v2.9, and installed v2.8 om my OS4.0 partition. Now I just direct AmiDock to sys:

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

Here it doesn't work and same problem with the previous one.. if i run it from shell i got a font problem, it tell me " Verdana Font " not found.. maybe is this ?.. it doesn' load anything and i cannot close the window.. it load a little bit and then hang up..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:
Here it doesn't work and same problem with the previous one.. if i run it from shell i got a font problem, it tell me " Verdana Font " not found.. maybe is this ?
No, except for the DejaVu fonts included in AmigaOS 4.x OWB doesn't need any fonts. It uses the webcore fonts and fonts specified on the pages, but if such a font isn't installed it uses one of the DejaVu fonts instead.

Quote:
it doesn' load anything and i cannot close the window.. it load a little bit and then hang up..
When starting it form the shell make sure to use a complete URL, OWB Doduo only accepts complete URLs as argument and doesn't try to complete them itself, for example "owb amigans.net" can't work, only "owb http://amigans.net/".

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

So, will you still update OWB for us classic OS4 users who may never see Cairo implemeted?

Keep up the good work!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Vulture

Quote:
So, will you still update OWB for us classic OS4 users who may never see Cairo implemeted?
Maintaining 2 different versions of OWB is too much work. There is an old AmigaOS 4.0 Cairo port on os4dept.net, if it's working without problems I'll build an AmigaOS 4.0 version of OWB 2.9 with it, but if it doesn't work someone else will have to port the current version of Cairo to AmigaOS 4.0, I don't have the time to port libraries needed by OWB myself as well.

Edit: I just tried building OWB with the Cairo library from os4depot.net but it seems to be too old, the following functions are missing: cairo_clip_extents(), cairo_has_current_point(), cairo_pop_group_to_source(), cairo_push_group(), cairo_surface_get_content(), cairo_image_surface_get_data() and cairo_image_surface_get_stride().

Edited by joerg on 2008/9/14 16:46:37
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

I have the same problem if i try to run it on wb.. it doesn't load a page completely...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I want no more.
So now I consider to throw my A4000 in the rubbish bin.

Hyperion Entertainment is probably the worst I have seen since I bought OS4 a day before OS4.1 was announced to hardware which almost does not exist.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@lumby

Sorry to hear you're so upset, but hyperion have not ruled out OS4.1 for classic, it just hasn't been confirmed either.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

would you at least consider making a last cairo-less version of OWB with working downloads and , maybe , bookmarks? Cuz, as OWB 2.8 is, is pretty much good and stable, but misses those 2 very important features (especially the download). Think of it as a OWB 2.85 maybe? :)

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »