Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Any hope for DVI out support in OS4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
because it will surely be a surprise

so the rumors are true, AmigaOS4 will run Windows Vista programs

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Any improvement in error managment, ie option to autoreboot on error (I work 1000km away from home and when an error occurs it's problematic for me to reboot...), option to transparently ignore (DSI) error, etc?
I ask because it is becoming boring to click every time to ignore DSI errors of ancien-and-not-more-supported-but-yet-usefull programs I use every day.
Anyway good work.

TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Great news

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TMTisFree

Quote:

TMTisFree wrote:
@Rogue

Any improvement in error managment, ie option to autoreboot on error (I work 1000km away from home and when an error occurs it's problematic for me to reboot...),
Replace SYS:System/GrimReaper by the following shell script (don't forget to set the 'S' protection bit):
.KEY args/F
Reboot FAST SYNC

Quote:
option to transparently ignore (DSI) error, etc?
I ask because it is becoming boring to click every time to ignore DSI errors of ancien-and-not-more-supported-but-yet-usefull programs I use every day.
If it can be started from a shell and it crashes in the same process, not a new one it's starting, I could write a small tool for you which enables ignoring DSIs for the current shell process.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@TMTisFree

Quote:

TMTisFree wrote:
@Rogue

Any improvement in error managment, ie option to autoreboot on error (I work 1000km away from home and when an error occurs it's problematic for me to reboot...),
Replace SYS:System/GrimReaper by the following shell script (don't forget to set the 'S' protection bit):
.KEY args/F
Reboot FAST SYNC

Ah, thanks for this tip, this should help a lot ;)

Quote:
Quote:
option to transparently ignore (DSI) error, etc?
If it can be started from a shell and it crashes in the same process, not a new one it's starting, I could write a small tool for you which enables ignoring DSIs for the current shell process.

Yes it is launched from CLI but I am not sure for the same process: it is when I use the ARexx port that AmIRC throws the DSI error, really not sure if this is the same process. Anyway thanks for your offering ;)

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@TMTisFree

AMIRC?

Use wookiechat!!

Hardly Rocket science

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
@TMTisFree

AMIRC?

Use wookiechat!!

Hardly Rocket science

I've discussed this issue with him previously over on AW.net. The problem is that he's running a series of AREXX scripts that use the AmIRC AREXX port. Therefore, he can't use WookieChat at present.

I suggested that he ask jahc if he would kindly make WookieChat's AREXX port compatible to AmIRC's. Hopefully progress is being made.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

AFAIK Wookiechat looks more like mIRC which sucks imo :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fryguy

What does suck, is programs that crash your computer like AmiIRC.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

It works fine for me atleast, but i rarely use my Amiga now a days though. Must get an accelerator board first to make it more fun to use.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

First it is AmIRC. Second it does not crash, it throws DSI error and works fine after ignoring it.

@Hans

I think that is too much work to do (the ARexx port) only for my personnal use. I cannot ask for that to WookieChat author.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TMTisFree

I hate to add to this off-topic discussion, but you should know that James has already added an ARexx port to WookieChat; so it should just be a matter of asking him to add the commands that you need.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@TMTisFree
Quote:
...Second it does not crash, it throws DSI error and works fine after ignoring it.

That is not correct. What you have done it put the application into an indeterminate state. Since AmigaOS is not a memory protected operating system you have also put your entire system into an indeterminate state. The DSI means the program is broken. The "Ignore" button is not a feature to make broken programs suddenly work fine. We should all be clear on this.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TMTisFree

Quote:

@Hans

I think that is too much work to do (the ARexx port) only for my personnal use. I cannot ask for that to WookieChat author.

I highly doubt that you are the only one using AmIRC's AREXX port. If WookieChat has an AREXX port (which it already does), others will use it too.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

WookieChat has an ARexx port, but its very buggy. I copied nearly all of AmIRC ARexx commands, and gave them an additional "NETWORK" parameter to make it work nicer with multiple networks.. It's disabled by default. Read the docs for info on how to enable it. The only missing functions from AmIRC's implementation is stuff concerning DCC I think.

ARexx did work fine for me when I last used it, but then I made small changes here and there in my code, and now I dont know if it still functions. I should really look into it. It never really worked that well in the first place though..

@person who said it looks like mIRC

You can configure Wookie to make it look like AmIRC/XChat.. i.e. multiple columns in the chat display, and graphical representations for operater/voice status beside peoples nicks in the nicklist.
http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com ... eenshots/main_display.png

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@TMTisFree
Quote:
...Second it does not crash, it throws DSI error and works fine after ignoring it.

That is not correct. What you have done it put the application into an indeterminate state. Since AmigaOS is not a memory protected operating system you have also put your entire system into an indeterminate state. The DSI means the program is broken. The "Ignore" button is not a feature to make broken programs suddenly work fine. We should all be clear on this.

That's semantic for me, sorry: so, my system is in an indeterminate state most of the time and the Ignore button makes running AmIRC fine after the DSI error. That's what I need.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
@thread

WookieChat has an ARexx port, but its very buggy. I copied nearly all of AmIRC ARexx commands, and gave them an additional "NETWORK" parameter to make it work nicer with multiple networks.. It's disabled by default. Read the docs for

That's good to know ;) The NETWORK parameter seems very interesting.

Quote:

info on how to enable it. The only missing functions from AmIRC's implementation is stuff concerning DCC I think.

Arg, my scripts rely mainly on the DCC stuff, arg :(

Quote:

ARexx did work fine for me when I last used it, but then I made small changes here and there in my code, and now I dont know if it still functions. I should really look into it. It never really worked that well in the first place though..

Well, as I said earlier I cannot ask for anything, but if you have time to digg in it, I will be very happy to test ;)
Anyway thanks for the info about the ARexx port of WookieChat.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

Oh nice! I'll try it again some time then.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

It's true. DVI support will be in the next update.

Great!!

So the next obvious question from me is this:
Can we use dual screens/monitors on dual-head gfx-cards?? I mean like Workbench on DVI and DirOpus on VGA?? Please....

Having one screen extended onto two monitors is not something I ever expect Amiga to have, but having each output on a gfx card represent a screen of its own is a concept the OS already has, it should only be a matter of the drivers, right?

Having two or more gfx cards in an Amiga displaying two screens at the same time is already possible, just not on the A1 because of the current drivers as I understand.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

What does suck, is programs that crash your computer like AmiIRC.

I noticed that changing the MUI layout of AmIRC from smart to simple refresh stopped it crashing. I never have crashes with AmIRC on OS4, but I only use its arexx port for small commands like changing nick...

@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
@TMTisFree
Quote:

That depends on the DSI, if it is a read or a write, and what the program did with the incomplete read or write it perfromed.

Some programs completely lock up the system when Continued, or especially when Ignored, but some just continue fine.

Consider this:
call func(NULL);
int func(arg) {
if(arg[0] && arg) { //incorrect if-statment causes harmless DSI
return do_something(arg);
}
return 0;
}

BTW.
For which gfx cards is DVI supported?? Radeon 9250?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »