Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
211 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 211

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Featured Donations [Please Read]
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
To my understanding wxwidgets would enable a lot of more SW to be ported to Amigas and to do more crossplatform SW on Amiga devices.

The work must continue, somehow.

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e:

except billt no one contacted me to request sources as of today. Billt is the one that proposed the bounty in the first place, so I think it's more entitled to have the sources than anyone else, moreover I think it's part of amigabounty 's team so sources are not lost. In case billt doesn't do anything with the sources I'll send them to Troels (Amigabounty's member I have dealt with up to now). I won't put it on any public source repository because it will then inhibit the bounty for any other candidate and as such would defeat the bounty itself.

@Kimmok

wxWidgets was very important back in the day because of the reasons you are giving. But in the meantime alfkil did a tremendous work on the Qt port and IMHO Qt is a far better designed library than wxWidgets ever will. wxWidgets (whose name was originally wxWindows is trying to mimic Win32 APIs with most of its caveats).

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'll be up for trying to work on the library as part of a team effort to see it at least completed.

I may end up needing to use this library for future work and all of your effort to date would still count as far as I am concerned.

You have done what you can and you are asking for someone else to take it further...like a relay race...I'm more than willing to do part of the leg work even if I don't see anything other than a finished product at the end.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Doesn't Audio evolution5 use wxwidgets? Pro programs would be nice to have on the amiga in the future.

@belxjander
Would be nice if you could help thsi go closer to the finish line.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
@abalaban

Doesn't Audio evolution5 use wxwidgets? Pro programs would be nice to have on the amiga in the future.

Yes, AE5 does use wxWidgets.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban Quote:
in the future I'll stay away of any bounty as in the Amiga I'm looking for the fun, not the money, and apparently money can't motivate me more than I would be with a fun project.

I'd tend to say that money is in fact the complete opposite of fun. If people have donated/given money for you to do something, then you feel obliged to do that thing. And that means feeling you should be doing it even when you don't feel like it, which is surely the exact definition of "not fun". i.e. Money makes something less fun, at least when you don't have enough time to easily do that thing.

So I think you are right: If you do stuff for fun, then don't do it for the money.

Or alternatively, do the thing for fun FIRST, and then only after it is completed should you consider asking for money. I understand that is even how some people have done bounties - they'll have mostly done the work already, and only accept the bounty when the end is in sight. That runs the risk of someone else accepting the bounty, but if you were doing it for fun anyway, does it matter?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
From other side, when money involved, you take a work like a work, and trying to do it like a work, with having in mind all deadlines, trying to do all the best (because you feel that you should do all right, as ppls pay for you for that).

There should be just line beetwen 2 kind of work for all that amiga stuff: fun and money. They both have pros and cons, but from my personal opinion, when money involved, you always will do all your best, just because its work, for which you have paid. But when you do all for fun, its all slow, half of finished and co. Expectually in amiga land, when users offten piced developers off with any kind of stuff, then money can be real and only one motivation factor. Not to add that if there is few thousands in the bounty, wifes can even ask you to works more on amiga stuff , not less, as well as it can give you more time to spend on. If one feel that he here only for fun - then sure, bounty is bad choice. If he here for some work - then bounty is the best choice. At least no one will rob you here after work will be done. There is everyone only hope everyday that one or another bounty will be finished.

In end of all, if money involved, you can even be hope to hire from time to time professionals from outside (that was for example on aros few times). But that all welknown of course.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Oh.. Sad to see all this work on it's way up in smoke..
Put i on a public source repository and split the bounty between the people involved when/if it gets finished.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)