Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: OWB Doduo
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@hotrod

Quote:
Wow, this new version seems to be rock-stable here so far. Sites that didn't work too well seems to work stable and good now.
It still has serious bugs, for example the ACID3 test crashes because of memory corruption, very likely something is overwriting a too small buffer, which often happened in Blastoise as well, but the updated WebKit fixed a lot of bugs and added new features. ACID3 crashes at the same place on Linux as well - but only with the SDL version, the Gtk/Cairo one nearly passes the ACID3 test and doesn't crash.

Quote:
Yes it's very slow, but that was expected. Thanks!
There are several reasons why it's slow. It's a debug build, it's using libfreetype instead of the much faster AmigaOS4 ft2.library and Doduo doesn't render the complete pages any more but just the visible parts, like the AmigaOS4 port of Blastoise does with the "LOWMEM" tooltype, which of course makes scrolling much slower since it has to render the new parts instead of just copying parts of the pre-rendered page image into the window.
Pages with lots of GIF anims, for example forums with animated smilies, are still very slow, but that's only the case with SDL as well, with the Gtk/Cairo version there is no problem. After I've ported all additional AmigaOS4 features from Blastoise to Doduo I'll check why GIF anims are slow with SDL.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
I hope you don't mean naming them with the version number and creating fs links between differently-named but compatible files?
Different names only for incompatible versions, and no links (at least not in SOBJS:).
On AmigaOS4 there are different directories for shared objects, SOBJS: is used when an executables/elf.library loads them but the linker uses SDK:(Local/)newlib/lib instead, on Unix you only have a single directory for both and need for example a /usr/lib/libfreetype.so -> libfreetype.so.6.3.16 link or the linker wouldn't find it when using -lfreetype, and additionally you need a /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 -> libfreetype.so.6.3.16 link since that's the name the executables use (libfreetype.so.6 is the soname of libfreetype.so.6.3.16). If the same names would be used you'd have a SOBJS:libfreetype.so.6 and a SDK:Local/newlib/lib/libfreetype.so with soname libfreetype.so.6 on AmigaOS4 and no links are required.

Edited by joerg on 2008/7/6 17:22:20
Edited by joerg on 2008/7/6 17:25:45
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@hotrod

from Joerg's reply in the older thread.

> Hotmail doesn't even work with Opera (9.50b2).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

I could log in and read my e-mails wich I can't do with owb. I don't know what doesn't work with opera and hotmail.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

hmm..I have all SOBJS files..but cant start last update..All the time have info about missing ELF files..maybe problem is what I have only 256 MB??

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Ouch, 512MB required :-/
I hope this requirement goes down in the future.
Still, very nice to see the project progressing!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Its cool to finally see the scrollbar whit in the frame, but there is some thing horribly wrong on images.google.com, when rendering frames whit in pages, basicly when you drag the scroll bar you se content of frame being drawn over top frame.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Quote:
hmm..I have all SOBJS files..but cant start last update..All the time have info about missing ELF files..
Did you install libjpeg.so?

Quote:
maybe problem is what I have only 256 MB??
No, the executable is less than 50 MB and for the first few pages 256 MB RAM are enough.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Yeah I install libjpeg.so...but without luck...

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo

2.Workbench-Final:SObjs> list
libicuuc-3.4.so 1562740 ----rwed 23-Jan-08 18:14:21
libSDL_gfx.so 72788 ----rw-d 24-Mar-08 18:00:00
libicudata-3.4.so 8975196 ----rwed 23-Jan-08 18:12:09
libSDL-1.2.so 401130 ----rw-d 17-Jan-08 22:18:00
libbz2.so 70764 ----rwed 22-May-07 12:45:54
libjpeg.so 164063 ----rwed Today 18:34:12
libphysfs.so 203317 ----rwed 28-May-08 20:52:46
libz.so.1 91528 ----rw-d 15-Jan-08 23:51:20
libssl-0.9.8.so 2312048 ----rw-d 21-Feb-08 19:35:04
libxslt-1.1.so 277220 ----rw-d 21-Feb-08 19:17:02
libz.so 84796 ----rw-d 22-Feb-08 01:31:02
libstdc++.so 1093240 ----rwed 15-May-07 00:12:40
libpython25.so 3930725 ----rwed 23-Jun-07 15:32:24
libpthread.so 155465 ----rwed 04-Jul-07 13:48:30
libpng12.so 276740 ----rwed 22-May-07 12:45:58
libgcov.so 21044 ----rwed 17-May-07 18:20:04
libgcc.so 56324 ----rw-d 25-Feb-08 17:25:40
libexpat.so 214212 ----rw-d 22-May-07 12:46:00
libdl.so 8420 ----rw-d 22-May-07 12:45:58
libc.so 45884 ----rwed 25-Jun-07 00:00:00
libcurl-7.16.so 315248 ----rw-d 21-Feb-08 20:39:06
libxml2-2.6.so 1668308 ----rw-d 21-Feb-08 20:38:52
22 files - 20M bytes - 43613 blocks used
2.Workbench-Final:SObjs>

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

PPl thx for helping...I find what is problem and now it works( thx Kicko)..I forget copy files from OWB/Workbench dir to DEVS and Fonts.. ;)

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Chris

so you can't easily check whether there are newer versions available, and you can't do a usefully copylib in Installer for these files.

Can't Python be used? The 'shutil' module works for copying. I've be playing with ideas for a Python installer:
import os, amiga, shutil...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Snuffy

No idea, does it do versioning?

As Rogue said, adding an Amiga version string does the trick anyway.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Hi, I am pleased to find that Doduo displays the scan page from the webserver of my HP 2575 all-in-one. The preview button delivers an accurate mini pic, the scan button, throws a DSI, clicking ignore does'nt cause lockups and although the scan continues nothing arrives.

The cancel and reset buttons on the page allow it to back out of the situation, and it continues normally with other websites.

So.. tantalisingly close! Thanks for all the efforts being put into this.

Regards Richard

P.S. This was the relevant ouput from the shell I launched it from, at the point of clicking the scan button.

postProgressFinishedNotification
ASSERTION FAILED: isfinite(window.y())
(/CS/OWB_Doduo/WebCore/page/DOMWindow.cpp:119 static void WebCore::DOMWindow::adjustWindowRect(const WebCore::FloatRect&, WebCore::FloatRect&, const WebCore::FloatRect&))
CONSOLE MESSAGE: line 1253: Undefined value
postProgressFinishedNotification

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @LiveForIt
2.Workbench-Final:SObjs> list

Missed some!

libSDL_image-1.2.so 259965 ----rw-d 02-Jun-08 10:09:30A**
libpng12.so 276740 ----rwed 22-May-07 12:45:58**
libz.so.1 91528 ----rw-d 15-Jan-08 23:51:20**

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @Chris

No idea, does it do versioning?
Um, I would guess so if it was scripted as so. I'll put that on a 'todo list'! An Icon Installer got the list a couple weeks ago.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Snuffy

Good luck in trying to get a version number out of a sobj which doesn't have an Amiga version string embedded in it!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

So how is progress with doduo?

I noticed that integration of the Amiga port was listed as a goal in one of the milestones on OWB's trac site. I suppose that this will be attempted once you have doduo ported completely.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I already mentionned it on AW.net but it's nice to see this project is (almost ?) covered like an official port. A news on linuxdevices.com few days ago tells :

Quote:
OWB v3 can be built with glibc or uClibc, for x86, ARM, and SH processors, says Pleyo. The v3 browser also supports Mac OS X, and for the first time, the AmigaOS.

Great job, Joerg !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
So how is progress with doduo?
Currently none, when OS 4.1 is released I'll have more time and continue with it.

Quote:
I noticed that integration of the Amiga port was listed as a goal in one of the milestones on OWB's trac site. I suppose that this will be attempted once you have doduo ported completely.
The initial plan was a private beta of Doduo in June and the public release in September, that way there would have been enough time to integrate the AmigaOS 4.x and Win32 ports, but they made it public after only 2 or 3 weeks and there will be something like a Doduo 1.1 with the ports integrated released in September instead.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »