Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

YouTube videos
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I was thinking about adding embedded youtube videos to OS4Depot. People would submit them like the snapshot feature by stating the short video link and some extra data and then you'll be able to see all youtube videos related to a file on its readme page.

I'm not promising to add this, but if people are interested then I might get interested to add it as well. So what do you think?

I do know that viewing youtube videos on AmigaOS 4 is .. well, less than optimal, but anyway.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: YouTube videos
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

I support your idea :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If i understand you right its like the usual picture snapshots but also support for youtube videos. Sure it would be cool :) says more then pictures

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Anyone else who think this is a good idea?

There was a few people earlier this year that wanted me to add ftp upload support so I spent quite some time on that, but so far the feature has been seriously underused. I wouldn't want to spend time on this YouTube thing with no one actually using it.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

It depends on how much developers are willing to put time and efforts making videos of their apps. Programmers wants to usually do programming only and not writing manuals or making videos and so on. Of course, such videos would be useful to end users. If end users would make those videos it would be even better. Everytime os4depot has new uploads I'll check the snapshots at first, if there's any.

Regarding FTP, people who have gotten used to using the web form for uploading will most likely keep using it because it's familiar already. Wasn't it made for those who want to use scripting to automate uploads.

Edited by TSK on 2015/11/27 11:13:00
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

It would be good I think. When e-mailing a friend to show something a video says a lot.

Then it's up to the developer to decide if it's worth making a video or maybe some user makes a video instead.

Sounds like a good idea. Also if you let people visit the site videos are the best way of showing off software.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
There was a few people earlier this year that wanted me to add ftp upload support so I spent quite some time on that, but so far the feature has been seriously underused.

I will definitely use that myself... I just haven't had anything to upload yet.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I have my doubts that YouTube videos will be commonly used, simply because it's going to be very difficult (impossible?) to create (decent quality) videos for the Amiga AFAIK.

It's not like we support NVidia ShadowPlay, and software-based capture will heavily slow down the software being captured, while video captured using a mobile phone is going to be horrendously poor quality (from what I've seen anyway).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

What about Screen Recorder?

Never used it, but if it works it should be the way to do a video capture...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Nice idea and I think I remember it's not rocket science to add an embedded video tag.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top

Register To Post