Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

There's really no need to wipe clean the HD when updating MorphOS, since it's designed to be updated properly.
On the other hand, chrysalis pack may cause some weird things sometimes.

Anyway, good if it finally works as intended.

On a G5@2.3GHz, with Odyssey, Youtube 720p is playing fine in window mode, and 1080p is generally fine in overlay mode.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

On MorphOS we have grunch (amiupdate-like) which reports when userscripts are outdated, so it's not really an issue there, users are notified when a new one is available.

But anyway i also planned to have autoupdate feature in odyssey userscripts at some point, this is why i already include version and url in these scripts.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ Fab
@ Kas1e

After removing and installing scripts again plus switching spoofing to Chrome 32, the issue some what improved for me. The first Amiga video Fab had a link for started playing with the script then would revert to HTML 5 player and all controls ie large window mode, the full screen and resolution controls would disappear except the progress bar.

I then switched to spoofing as firefox 25 and all videos work with full screen also..... YAY! Only problem encountered is the full screen mode sometimes requires you to reload the page and try again, these pages are not using the script but the HTML 5 mode. The scipt mode does work but youtube takes over with html 5 mode it appears. I use to always use Safari spoofing which I think is now broken, it appears Chrome and Firefox 25 work however.

I hope my observations help you guys.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Fairdinkem

Just to clarify when I say all video works I mean all except case number four that Fab mentions because of the possible issue with VEVO and spoofing as iPad does work around that issue.

Speaking of spoofing my findings only work if you set the spoof to firefox 25 in the preferences not just changing in the short cut menu.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just to add something here: Even my windows 7 laptop has "glitches" with youtube from time to time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Do bunch of tests and can say now that its all about :

Spoofing is must for some vids. Crhome or IPAD make video which didn't works be works. While IPAD works always, it also slower as window bigger. Spoofing as IPAD make videos works even with enabled youtube.js, while, to make it works with Chrome, some videos need script to be disabled, some are works with enabled.

Enabling of html5 player in youtube as default, make "fullscren" things works in morphos version.

I also have that image in status bar what mean that youtube scripts works on os4, why they wasn't on my previous screenshots : dunno, maybe i disable scripts on them at this moment or any other dunno-what. Now its ok on os4 too.

Speed of playback in window modes on morphos faster. Not veery faster, but noticable. I think we can say that some window mode of some video on morphos give on peg2 let's say 17fps, and the same video, on the same peg2, but on os4 and port of odysey 1.23 give i think about 11-12fps. I.e. about 30% slower i think. But that somehow expected, knowing the graphics speeds differences between morphos and os4.

And general question now: it is possile to make full-screen player mode be "real fullscreen" , i.e. everything black, whole screen only video. Maximum what i can do on morphos now its fullscreen + f11, but even then, i have at top odysseys tabs and some status at bottom. I want just to make it like "if i tick fullscreen, then video take full screen and works in overlay, without any other tabs/status stuff/etc". It is possible somehow in 1.23 ?

As for os4 port, i think i will follow that way: as we all know p96 do not allow all that stuff like cgx5 when overlay can be used together with other elements at one screen (or, it just need more new code, and we didn't have such code anywhere for now) , then in odyssey i want to put the same overlay's p96 code from mplayer, so once user will tick fullscreen, it will then go to overlay mode "real fullscreen" without any other elements as well. Also imho i need to add some detection of overlay, if it not available, says something like "sorry no overlay no fun", or, if later someone will make a code for non-overlay cards but with hw acceleration, then check on that too and use it if avaialable. Through dunno how hard or easy to re-use overlay code in odyssey for now, but hope those skilled ppls who cry how bad my port are can now come-up, grab the code and do real help.

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/8 15:03:26
Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/8 15:04:01
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I like where this is heading

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Hey Roman can you able to reproduce this on latest 1.23 ?

https://muidev.de/ticket/7

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

In fullscreen mode, you shouldn't be even able to click the zoom gadget, so it's a mui os4 issue to me.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

The video playback in window mode is mainly dependant on Cairo performance itself. Cairo is the bottleneck, the gfx driver is less important there, unless it's very very slow, of course. :)

Regarding Overlay support, I already check if overlay is available of course. You could always add a nag requester, but it's really not needed at all (it even displays a message in messages windows about not being able to create a video layer, anyway).

With P96, it seems you can't attach a vlayer on an existing window, so it will be hard to make it work like it does on MorphOS. Of course it would be easy to create a fullscreen instead, but you have to keep in mind it has to deal properly with external events (i.e switching back to odyssey window, closing tab, scrolling in the related page and so on...). As you can see, a real fullscreen mode raises several usability issues. So better be VERY careful about that.

And regarding the existing fullscreen mode, the status can already be hidden with middle mouse button. As for tabs, it could probably be done with a bit more work, but it's not really a priority now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

Ok thanks for confirmation, so in that case what gadget/s need to be displayed when in fullscreen mode ?
Only the depth gadget ?

P.S
Aniway did you have any sort of spam filter in your public mail address ?
Lately I sent you a couple of mails but you never replayed :)

Edited by samo79 on 2014/2/8 22:10:15
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks again for your efforts to get the latest Odyssey working on OS4.1!

How close are you to having a public Beta?

Scott

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ScottCabit
Quote:

How close are you to having a public Beta?

To summorize:

1). need to add native pointers (easy)
2). need to add support of all those different languages as done in 1.16 (now easy as well)
3). need to adapt few bits there and there
4). there some moment with clipboard hook: to make it works on os4 we should run it from the same process as owb (because of newlib and stuff) , so, some flags and stuff added, as well as another bunch of different includes, all of this also easy, just need to sort a bit includes which i had to include.

Then, after that, it can be released, but it will have 2 major problems as i see it:

1. Video player only in window mode => slow. It will need time to make overlay support for cards with ovelay, and that compositing based hw acceleration for new radeonhd cards. I think, 1.23 can be released just with window mode at moment, as it all can take time 100%.

2. After all my tests, i found, that aos4 ports, crashes on some sites, on which the same morphos versions didn't crashes (i.e. those crashlogs related to timing or something). Joerg says before for me that he have the same issues with his old OWB , and i should use his timing code. And i tried to use it, but bugs the same. On which he says, that he fix as well something in webkit, to make it works. In end which leads to point that in all previous ports, and in current 1.23, there some timing issue exactly on os4, with which need to deal to make it 100% the same as on mos.

That bug happens from time to time, but i currently didn't spend many time on it, but that issue #2 about which need to think before release: i.e. release it like this, or waiting till i with help of others will not fix it. Of course even like this 1.23 is less crashy and much better than 1.16, but i want to make now everything good, so no one will blame me for all my effort later. I don't know if Joerg will in interest to help this time, but will try to ask him about help on that issue (at least his help with curl and typing in different languages was fast enough and good).

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/9 12:19:51
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

The video playback in window mode is mainly dependant on Cairo performance itself. Cairo is the bottleneck, the gfx driver is less important there, unless it's very very slow, of course. :)

If speed in window mode only about cairo, then maybe that latest cairo 1.12.16 somehow slower than one you use currently ? I use it with pthreads, not with semaphores, but i do not think it can make such a %30 difference in playback..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Quote:

2). need to add support of all those different languages as done in 1.16 (now easy as well)

That one done

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Don't forget the latest italian catalog i sent you via PM

About your point 1 (mouse pointers)
.. so also about the autoscroll button of which we talked here:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=87067#forumpost87067

How about using the autoscroll button from the Joerg version of OWB ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
Quote:

About your point 1 (mouse pointers)
.. so also about the autoscroll button of which we talked here:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=87067#forumpost87067

I already (from very first port) use Joerg's code for mouse pointers. And i just checked 1.9, 1.16 and there is wasn't any cursors for autoscroll, while functionality works, there is no images for auto-scroll at all was, so i didn't forget it, it just didn't works at all before.

Quote:

How about using the autoscroll button from the Joerg version of OWB ?

Sure, its all that easy :) Now only need to find out where the code related to it, and why it didn't works before, and how to make it works :)

EDIT: did autoscroll image works in joerg's owb ? If so, how can i check it ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yep sorry i talk easy but i know that easy things doesn't exists at all..

But at some point I also got it to crash in some way -->

http://bugs.os4depot.net/index.php?function=viewissue&issueid=874

Quote:
EDIT: did autoscroll image works in joerg's owb ? If so, how can i check it ?

Yes it works perfectly on the Joerg version, just do that:

1 - Open OWB and load a long webpage (a page that add a scroller, for example the amigans.net page you are reading now!)

2 - Click the middle button of your mouse

3 - Just move your mouse (any direction is possible)

Edited by samo79 on 2014/2/10 7:48:15
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo
What messy about odyssey ? You just dbl-click by midle-mouse, and then by moving mouse up/down its all auto-scrolls. When you want to disable it, you press midle-mouse button again, and all works.

As for crash, it looks like something about dragging in mui, but, as you for sure know, no step-to-reproduce, nothing can be done. If you want to fix that crash, try to reproduce it step by step.

Also i tried now joerg's owb: i just go to amigans, press middle mouse button, and no auto-scroll cursor appears and no functionality of need it kind. Instead it just bring me menu with "back/forward/reload".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Ahh ok it need 2 middle click then !

The Joerg version need 1 simple click only .. that why it was strange for me

Quote:
Also i tried now joerg's owb: i just go to amigans, press middle mouse button, and no auto-scroll cursor appears and no functionality of need it kind.

Read my previews post ..

Quote:
As for crash, it looks like something about dragging in mui, but, as you for sure know, no step-to-reproduce, nothing can be done. If you want to fix that crash, try to reproduce it step by step.

Ok will check ..

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 72 »