Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 127

bigmac, beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiupdate problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HI, had a problem with Amiupdate the last few days that I hope one of you can solve for me.
Ever since about last thursday the Ranger tool came up wanting updating, so I did but since then everytime ive checked for updates theres ranger again.

Its saying its determined by date which its saying the 29th but i let it update again yesterday the 31st and its still saying the 29th.

It has updated as Ranger is saying its at 1.58 which I think is the latest one.

Not a big problem but just slightly annoying when it shows up all the time so any ideas ?.

Cheers

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Re: Amiupdate problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, the same idea I had when this happened with 1.57, too...

I changed the date part of Rangers version string using a binary file editor. The date part of its version string is the problem here. I used FileX, but any other binary editor should do, too.

ssolie should take more care with this, making the AmiUpdate entry FIRST, and re-check the date string.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks Whose, downloaded FileX and changed the date. Now ok.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Rather than hacking the binaries, you could have just reported it to ssolie, or myself, and it would have got fixed earlier.

The database has been corrected now.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have a similar problem with PtPlay.library, can you fix it ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo:

I dont like to bother YOU with some mistake made by other people. If ssolie now knows of the mistake, good.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo: Good thing you fixed the ranger issue. I have the same problem with RunInUAE if you could fix that. :)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@samo79

Well, I checked the PtPlay entry, and the database details appear to be correct. Perhaps if you set the VERBOSE option in the menu then perform a scan, the log will tell you more about why it raised the PtPlay update.

@skuggan

RunInUae is not in the public database. Luckily I have access to the AmigaOS database too, and the details look correct there. All I can suggest is to follow the advice above, ehich should reveal more.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Rigo: I tried renaming the folder boot:emulation/RunInUAE to something else and then back again and that helped. Strange since no date in the icon files had any older dates than 2013-01-10. Glad the update list is clean again from bogus updates. Thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
To keep you from being bothered by such errors, you can also use AmiUpdate's Ignore feature.

Once you have determined you already have the latest version of something, but are still being prompted to update it, just Ignore that update using the menu item (after removing the checkmark next to the update). Then you won't be bothered until the next time that component is really updated.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache: so that what's the ignore function is for. Thanks for that tip Niels.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
There's plenty of documentation available at http://www.amiupdate.net/index.php?page=description and especially the menu options here

Simon

----
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Apparently the new version have a different name and date, on my log i have this:

Quote:
11:37:33 local file: LIBS:ptplay.library 2.6 (29.4.2008)
11:37:33 remote file: PTPlay_Library 2.6 (2009-12-14)

Is it the same library ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
While it is the same library, it's not the same version, as your local file has a different date than the remote file. Have you tried updating it?

Does the update continue to show up after updating?

If so, enable the verbose log and sent me the snippet for ptplay again.

Simon

----
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
Does the update continue to show up after updating?

Updated now, from now on all seems ok after a quick rescan
Before do that I manually checked the version number and the old library in Libs was named as 7.2 while the recent one on AmiUpdate was versioned as 2.6

Don't remember when i found this 7.2 (maybe Aminet) but i'm pretty sure it was OS4 native too

Go to top

Register To Post