Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Happy Easter from Hyperion
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I just noticed this (thanks to the soon-to-be-dead Google Reader) :

http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=863
Quote:
Posted by Hans-Jörg Frieden on March 31, 2013
Brussels, March 31, 2013

Easter seems like an appropriate time to provide a short update on the development status of a few key components of the upcoming AmigaOS 4.2.

* Exec SG : kernel development has been forked off into an experimental and stable branch, to facilitate field testing of potentially drastically new features such as the scheduler, separate address spaces, 64 bit address space awareness etc.
The task scheduler was completely rewritten in C and now implements the long planned “pluggable” scheduler functionality : the scheduling algorithm can be changed on the fly, during runtime depending on factors like task’s preference and CPU load, different CPU cores using different scheduling algorithms. The re-write of the scheduler also allows for load balancing which is required for proper multicore support.

* Work is in progress on yet another Power ISA implementation.

* Gallium : bumped to Mesa 9.1, i.e. OpenGL 3.1. Software renderer already implemented, work on hardware accelerated drivers within the framework of Gallium will benefit substantially by the experience gained developing Warp3D drivers for the AMD Radeon Evergreen range (Radeon HD 5xxx/6xxx).

Please note that whilst work on AmigaOS 4.2 is in progress, work on other components is also ongoing and will be made available via AmiUpdate to registered users of AmigaOS 4.1.

Hyperion Entertainment’s management and the AmigaOS 4.x development team wish to thank all of you who have provided much needed support of our efforts by buying AmigaOS 4.1 (either as a standalone copy or together with suitable Power(PC) based hardware available from our hardware partners A-EON Technology and A-Cube Systems.

We greatly appreciate your support and wish you a Happy Easter !

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Happy Easter from Hyperion
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Work is in progress on yet another Power ISA implementation.

Btw, what did it mean ? I hope no more new HW, as in that case we will always stuck on stage "new hw->port os->write drivers->new hw->port os->write drivers" :)

In others yep, work is going on. Just slowly as usual. Things about kernel for sure more interesting and important ones.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I know you are a betatester so you should now better ;).

Colin Wenzel and Tony Wyatt made very important progress e.g. a new, much cleaner, robuster, faster and simpler interface for Amiga file systems.

Until now you had to be some kind of übergenius to be able to write a filesystem for AmigaOS.

Just one example of many.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@HyperionMP
Yeah, i know about filesystem's work of course. Colin made a lot for as i see. But i mean "another Power ISA implementation" which make no big sense as we have plenty of HW which still need support by driver , without which another HW make no sense.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Great news for our favourite OS!
Multi-core support & OS4.2 here we come

Happy Easter to all amigans

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
You are mixing up support of an ISA with support of device drivers.

You don't need to support new device drivers if you chose carefully what to support in the past.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Posted to the facebook page on the new URL.

http://www.facebook.com/AmigaOS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HyperionMP

Im curious about Mesa/Gallium/RadeonHD development.

As we read, Mesa is done and we know about Hans work with RadeonHD. Wich stage we can wait that Mesa and Gallium with Radeon drivers come part of OS4 ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This is one of the development goals for AmigaOS 4.2.

Once Hans-Joerg Frieden has completed Warp3D support for the Evergreen range of AMD Radeon HD (5xxx/6xxx series), work on Gallium3D will accelerate substantially.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi! Will "past architectures" like sam440 be abandoned with 4.2?
Thk you (and a Very Happy Easter!)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
HyperionMP

Thank you :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Certainly not but features like SMP will obviously not be of relevance on single core machines.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This is great news indeed. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one looking forward to 4.2

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post