Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiupdate and Autoinstall
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have been playing around with Amiupdate after noticing I have only 8
compatible programs listed within the program. I have many more than that
actually installed. How does Amiupdate retrieve the list of installed
compatible programs?

I also looked at some autoinstall scripts and noted they point to ENV to
retrieve information. I think I may have some issues with Autoinstall but I am
not sure as to how these scipts actually work. Can anyone explain.

Thanks
ace

Go to top
Re: Amiupdate and Autoinstall
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You cannot make installed programs AmiUpdate-aware yourself. The developer of the particular program must do it, by registering the program with the AmiUpdate database.

Quote:
How does Amiupdate retrieve the list of installed compatible programs?

By looking for specific environmental variables in your system, and by comparing them against its online database.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Alternatively, have a read of the documentatin to get a better understanding of how it works:

http://amiupdate.net/index.php?page=developers

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Rigo
Thanks I read that before posting. What I don't get is why Amiupdate doesn't pick up all my installed program's that are on the database, noting that some do not have ENV entries.

Ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How do I tell AmiUpdate what programs I actually have installed without relying on the auto-find mechanism of searching the AppDir: ?

I am using TimberWolf actively yet it is not seen by AmiUpdate... is this a bug?

I also use datetime.docky along with TuneNet and these are also NOT seen by AmiUpdate

Yam tells me I have updates for MUI components as well which are also not seen...

is it possible to add any kind of mappings for any of these?

Is MUI: assumed to be Sys:MUI as a fixed pathing?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The problem with your list of questions is, that they are only loosly related to each other. After reading your questions twice, I would say everything is working as it should/is supposed to. Ah, and one answer is: No! (first question).

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Quote:

Belxjander wrote:
How do I tell AmiUpdate what programs I actually have installed without relying on the auto-find mechanism of searching the AppDir: ?

You don't. AmiUpdate will use the path specified in the database to find applications. This can be either a fixed path (for libraries and such stuff), it can be an APPDIR: relative path, or it can be AmiUpdates own AppPaths: relative path.

Quote:

I am using TimberWolf actively yet it is not seen by AmiUpdate... is this a bug?

Had you checked what's in the database, you would have seen there is no entry for Timberwolf, so no, it's not a bug.

Quote:

I also use datetime.docky along with TuneNet and these are also NOT seen by AmiUpdate

Perhaps you already have the latest versions. If you really want to find out why, enable the "verbose" setting for the log, then perform a scan. All the information you require will be present in the produced log.

Quote:

Yam tells me I have updates for MUI components as well which are also not seen...

There are very few MUI classes in the database, and most have not been updated in years. No-one has stepped up to actively maintain them.

Quote:

is it possible to add any kind of mappings for any of these?

Yes, again, check the menus, all the mapping you need is in the "Map Manager"

Quote:

Is MUI: assumed to be Sys:MUI as a fixed pathing?

MUI: IIRC.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top

Register To Post