Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 79

Hypex, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

c++ and stabs (db101)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi all,

I have been off the Amiga way for a while now, but now I am slowly getting back into the routine. I'm working on small things for now, but when I get the time (eventually), I might just start and do some big ports with or without Qt.

For the moment I am having a little problem with my source debugger db101. I have built a Qt example (Calculator) with -gstabs in the command line, and now I want to read the stabs section with db101. But for some reason, there is no section in my exe file by the name ".stabs". When I feed the calculator exe to objdump -G (raw stabs output) it _does_ give me a long list of symtab info, but when I want it to display the processed/interpreted stabs info ("objdump -g"), I get an error saying "bad stabs". Does anyone know, what is going on here??

Best of all and happy Amiga days to all :).

Go to top
Re: c++ and stabs (db101)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Happy to see you again, welcome back

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yay! I was wondering when you'd come back!!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Hi Alf! :)

You should try to use this lib:

http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Libelf

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Welcome back Alf!!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I have built a Qt example (Calculator) with -gstabs in the command line, and now I want to read the stabs section with db101.

Did you compile with -gstabs only or with -g and -gstabs? At least for YAM we are building with both options and objdump will output tons of debug information.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thread

Thanks y'all for the warm welcome, now I feed all home and cosy again .

I figured out what was the problem: I accidentally loaded the wrong exe into db101, doh, beginners fault, I have to get back into the routine, sorry... ;)

On the other hand I have not figured out why objdump fails, the raw output looks all sane from here.

Go to top

Register To Post