Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 89

mufa, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »
Re: Timberwolf!!!!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
tfreiden

Thank you so much and congratulations. Look forward to using it. This is quite a big deal and I'm thinking my peg2 might run it nicely :)

btw why is there no sound support? Is it because of some mozilla specific code or amiga os?

Also for hardware acceleration what is needed? What about using the Compositing 2d api that Hans talks about for a rendering engine?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Speed on Sam440:

I assume the missing level 2 cache on the 440s will have a big impact on rendering speed. TW basically performs better with higher memory bandwidth.

Whether there is CPU load after loading the page or not also depends on the page that is shown, since some pages have scripts running or animations. I also think that there's constant database activity.

hardware accelerated rendering:

The Firefox codebase provides a backend for acceleration through OpenGL. Sadly, MiniGL isn't up to the task. Therefore, this sort of acceleration will be available with Gallium in one of the next AmigaOS releases.

We are also looking into writing our own layer manager for TW using the compositing engine of AmigaOS 4.1. I have no idea, though, how complex this task will be, as I haven't looked into that code yet.

Also, as Rogue already said, the updates are currently merged into one big box. That means, if there is a loading animation in the top right, and a progress bar in the lower left, the whole screen will be redrawn since both rectangles will be merged into one. Future versions will use a smarter algorithm for merging boxes that try to minimize the amount of redraw operations and at the same time keep the area of redraw at a minimum.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@tfrieden + rogue

Is there a chance that at some point in the future, the tenfourfox jit js engine would be implemented with some effort or isn't it as trivial as I think it is?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Vulture wrote:
@tfrieden + rogue

Is there a chance that at some point in the future, the tenfourfox jit js engine would be implemented with some effort or isn't it as trivial as I think it is?

Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath really. Right now there are more pressing issues.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Two things. When you're developing this port further don't become MS and think that just because it's runing ok on the X1000 it'll be enough. It worries me a lot when I think about the Netbook that will surely be underpowered.

The other things when we talk about optimization is about rendering speed. Will it always take this long to launch it? Will it always use up this much RAM? Also everything is sluggish on my machine like switching tabs, open the prefs etc. I had about 5 tabs open and I had 331MB free RAM left out of 1GB.

Other than that it was stable and more things was working compared to the old alpha but it was way too slow to be usable. I got an A1 XE with a G4 @ 800MHz. MUIOWB currently feels like a rocket in comparison.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Is the easteregg "about:timberwolf"?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
lol, everyone hates me

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden
Can we expect hardware accelerated stuff in 2-3 months? Thanks for TW.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

hotrod wrote:
Is the easteregg "about:timberwolf"?

Close, but no cigar. Look carefully ;)

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Joeled wrote:
@tfrieden
Can we expect hardware accelerated stuff in 2-3 months?

Can't give you any timelines really, this all depends on available time.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Woohooo!I don't ever post here (but should), as I'm always on amigaworld.net or looking at amiga.org (and moaning at it) haha.

Once again, I'd like to congratulate Thomas and Hans-Jörg for their immense efforts, and thank them, also. Cheers, guys! (I shall now go and donate some more money to the bounty).

Despite the niggles, it's really shaping up nicely and runs very well on the X1000. I still can't seem to get Bookmarks working as standard, but I'll try importing some from my Windoze box.

All in all, extremely good news - bringing Mozilla technologies to AmigaOS can only be a good thing.

Thanks... and Happy Weekend ;)

Steve

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is the easter egg About:boing

A1000; A1200; A1500; Sam440ep 667 MHz OS4.1
AmigaOne X1000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
found it! its an embedded boing ball demo.

try typing 'about:boing' in the location bar.

<i>edit: argh! beaten by a minute!!</i>

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Couldn't have done it without hotrod's clue.

Do I win an X1000?

A1000; A1200; A1500; Sam440ep 667 MHz OS4.1
AmigaOne X1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ahhhh, well spotted! ;)

BOING!!!!

Steve

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

It looks nice, can't wait for it to be tuned and working faster as it's so very slow here on my SAM460. Takes ages to load and pages take an age to load, tried youtube and it actually works.. wow!!

Not moaning, been waiting for ages for this, hopefully it will get much faster with updates and fine tuning etc.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

UPDATE:

Just saw tfrieden post relating to speed, will wait for update, maybe OS 4.2

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

Here on Peg2@1131 Timberwolf was usable on some sites(like Amigaworld.net or other simple sites) but really unusable on sites like www.repubblica.it or youtube...
The alpha from 3.5 was really faster...there was any reason on that? Or maybe I've some troule?

Also another problme was that after trying to do something on YouTube I can do nothign and after switching off timberwolf I cant open it anymore...
I get always an ISI...

The only way to solve that was:

- sometimes deleting the directory "CurrentUserProfile" it starts again

- sometimes I 've to re-unpack all the files(dont found the exact error) and than it works...

Some known issue?

EDIT: I really miss the context menus...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
argh! beaten by a minute!!

Man that must have been a tough one to swallow

so do you need to go out and buy a new keyboard now

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Awww, and I thought I'd found a good one with about:timberwolf

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks guys. Working ok on x1000.
Just need some improvement on the youtube clips and i'll be happy.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »