Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
235 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 233

sailor, walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Turboprint
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi all, just wondering if Turboprint is still available (been away from Amiga scene for several years) to purchase or buy off someone to install on my SAM460, assuming it runs okay on OS4.1 update 2?

I have a HP PSC 1317 printer at home which I cannot get working with my Amiga.

If I can't get it working with OS4 was considering getting another printer, heard the HP Photosmart all in one printer (available from Currys fo £50) works on OS4.1, can anyone confirm this?

Sorry for all these silly questions but it's all new to me as a returning Amigan

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Turboprint
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I don't think it's still available for purchase but I can confirm it's still working with AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 since my olf HD 840C is still very useful for me

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
You can still buy it here http://www.irseesoft.de/default.htm

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Problem is, though, that it insists on writing to the original floppy for personalization purposes during installation, so you can only install it on a machine with an Amiga floppy drive. Once you have installed it, you can copy the whole installation to an NG machine and have it working there. (I guess it would also be possible to install it directly on an NG Amiga if you have a CatWeasel with an Amiga floppy drive on it, but I haven't tried that myself.)

This was at least still the case last time I checked, which was when I bought my latest upgrade to 7.60.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache
Quote:
Problem is, though, that it insists on writing to the original floppy for personalization purposes during installation, so you can only install it on a machine with an Amiga floppy drive. Once you have installed it, you can copy the whole installation to an NG machine and have it working there.

Damn, don't have a machine I can install it on with a floppy!

Apparently I am told I can use printer I am getting with standard drivers HOPhotosmart

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Sicky

I purchased version 7.60 on 23 Aug 2006, the two archives required were sent to me as attachments, to the following email.
Quote:
Dear Mr. Swallow,
enclosed are archives of TurboPrint disk 1 & 2. Please unpack tp7ps.lha
o a directory named "turboprint7" and gnugs403.lha to a directory
named "gnugs403". Then make the following assigns from shell

assign turboprint7: work:turboprint7
assign gnugs403: work:gnugs403

Then you can start installation from the workbench by clicking on
"install" in the turboprint7 drawer.

Best regards
Florian Zeiler

So it is possible to install without a floppy.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@Sicky

I purchased version 7.60 on 23 Aug 2006, the two archives required were sent to me as attachments

[...]

So it is possible to install without a floppy.

Ah, great, respect to Florian for providing this service to AmigaNG users. I didn't know that was an option.

Sicky, that might be your solution as well. Apparently you just have to ask for it?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm really interesting to buy TurboPrint 7, I've seen the site, but I really don't know if the online shop works. Although I want to pay with PayPal there's no such an option there. Is there any email I can contact them to check if TP7 is still available?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Finally I did my order today and payed by paypal. I was planning to buy it long time ago.

It´s a pitty that there´s no download or e-mail option for the full version purchase.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

I got my HP Photosmart printer today and now have it working via network using netprinter.device and HP_Photosmart printer driver.

Ironically it was easier to set up and get running on the Amiga than my Mac!

Happy days

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi Sicky,
is that
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Color Ink-jet you bought?
If yes,
What about scanning and OCR. Does it work? What SW do you use?

I did buy a Lexmark AIO S305 (expensive refills ) and do have to use my wife's PC (using a "real VNC" clone to remotely use the PC interface) but this remains annoying.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Quote:
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Color Ink-jet you bought?

Yes it's a HP Photosmart B110 all in one wireless printer.

Quote:
If yes,
What about scanning and OCR. Does it work? What SW do you use?

Not tried that, what software would I need, have a copy of FXScan knocking about somewhere but not sure it would support it!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ sicky
Hi, if it's like my HP all in one, then try entering your printers IP address into
OWB which should bring up it's webserver, hopefully, listed under Applications you should see "scan"
if so, that should give you some options to play with.
On mine selecting "Text" creates a PDF stored wherever you've set OWB to save downloads to.
Regards Draby

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Draby

Quote:
Hi, if it's like my HP all in one, then try entering your printers IP address into OWB which should bring up it's webserver, hopefully, listed under Applications you should see "scan" if so, that should give you some options to play with. On mine selecting "Text" creates a PDF stored wherever you've set OWB to save downloads to. Regards Draby

Oh great, when I get home from work I will give that a try, thanks for the tip

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Draby

Tried it and it works as such, can do the scan but when try to save image it doesn't save it properly, get error message (when I try to view it) "not enough data"

Also tried option of displaying it in a new TAB but nothing displayes.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hmm, I see what you mean, try "copy image" and look for the JPG in Ram:Clipboards,
from there Multiview displayed it, also I was able to load it into ImageFX and PerfectPaint.
Although it's only black and white did the "text" option create a pdf ?
Regards

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Draby

Quote:
Hmm, I see what you mean, try "copy image" and look for the JPG in Ram:Clipboards,
from there Multiview displayed it, also I was able to load it into ImageFX and PerfectPaint.
Although it's only black and white did the "text" option create a pdf ?

Wow, I did that and it works fine, have scanned using OWB, did the 'copy image' and yes it was in RAM:Clipboards like you said.

So I'm such a happy bunny now, have wireless printing and now scanning all on my beloved Amiga...... who needs Windows or Mac OSX

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

Have now got Turboprint installed and it's all working well, decent quality graphics printing now!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@JosDuchIt

Quote:

If yes, What about scanning and OCR. Does it work? What SW do you use?

Not tried that, what software would I need, have a copy of FXScan knocking about somewhere but not sure it would support it!

Hmmm - I'm interested in the answer as well.

On my Amiga4000PPC with AOS 3.9 I use ScanQuix5 and the latest (registered) version of FxScan. This version allows to generate .pdf-documents and also does OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

As I have no working NG-Amiga environment, I cannot check if ScanQuix and FxScan work with OS 4.1, but it has always been emphasised that all system conform pre-OS-4 software would run flawlessly with OS 4.x by integrated emulation.

So if you own the latest, registered versions of ScanQuix and FxScan and if they really run flawlessly with OS 4.x you have a good chance that scanning and OCR work for you...

Ciao,
Dandy
-----------------------------------------------------------
If someone enjoys marching to military music, then I already despise him.
He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!
(...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have been using my old CanoScan 2700F SCSI slide scanner on my A1 G4 XE with a SCSI PCI card under OS 4.1 with ScanQuix 5.

It's been a while, but AFAIR, everything worked as expected, except that I got some cryptic SCSI error when I tried switching into color negative mode. I usually scan positives, so it was no real problem for me.

I think I tried getting fxScan to work, but gave up without trying much (I usually prefer the no-nonsense interface of ScanQuix without fxScan in between).

Best regards,

Niels

P.S. Found my own old post about it here.

Edited by nbache on 2012/11/16 23:57:19
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »