Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MPlayer development thread
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

What about wxwigdets?
Isn't that a possible GUI too?

@abalaban

Hows it going with the port, btw?
Still waiting for it to test on Scumm Tools

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

About wxWidgets the port is advancing really slowly for many reasons (hardware breakage, real-life...). I must find motivations back and for this I decided to look at other things (i.e. projects) in order to regain the fun.
I think that it was in fact a too big projects for me alone and I contacted another experienced programmer to get help, I hope this will kick me a bit...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

I see

Take your time, mate, no rush, lifes too good (sometimes) to be missed

oh and if you need someone to kick ... well, i'm here, just shout

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

(crossposted from amigaworld.net)

I have setup a page dedicated to MPlayer and MEncoder for AmigaOS4:

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/

I'd like to ask everyone to start opening issue tickets there:

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/issues/list

I have written a small guide on how to open bug reports:

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/wiki/BugReportHOWTO

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

Its sources from andrea, or it last morphos version ? Imho last morphos version will be even better, because we only need to port it with (imho) small changes.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

It is the Andrea version

Btw, there is not all that difference between the two, we are not talking about OWB ehm

The MorphOS version it is more recent in term of SVN, it has a built-in GUI (in MUI) and OSD menu are a bit better, nothing more ...

Maybe there are other things too, but they are minimal ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Knowing Fab's work, I can say that changes brought to the MorphOS version by him are not minimal at all.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
I agree with K-L there. For sure its not "minimal changes". Just making the same and fix the same for aos4 version, while morphos version are done and opensource with all that changes - loosing of time and resources.

But of course its all up to ppls who mantain aos4 mplayer for now. I am sure on 99% Fab add many thinks to mplayer which not exist in SVN for now (amiga-like specific). Its not "./configure; make" of course :)

I think changes in mplayer for morphos the same minimal, as minimal changes for OWB. OF course not so many, but not minimal.

From my side, uploading latest fab sources to the same place, and trying to make aos4 native version from it (with __amigaos4__ addons), will help everyone, because Fab also will works there later (because there all the __morphos__ defines) , and we will have more ppl working on one version of mplayer. For me its looks more logica, and more right. Sadly that i not programmer, and cant mantain all that mplayer myself :(

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
@K-L

OS4 version is already based on MOS release, plus we use Picasso96 instead of Cgx drivers, so why rewrote the wheel again ?

We miss only GMPlayer (the GUI) but the rest is very similar except internal OS4 or MOS things that are specific

A WIP GUI was already made (and it is availible on latest source in the hands of Varthall) by Andrea but it is a sort of hack, not a complete GUI like the Fab version

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
We will try merge everything as much as possible. Abalaban is already merging Afx changes, and we have received Fab's sources as well. For now there's no plan to make a single repository for both OS4 and MOS, but I think (and I'd like this to happen) there will be more source sharing between the two projects. Aros and 68k AmigaOS specific changes will be welcome, too, if there will be any contributor for those two platforms I'll be happy to include changes and binaries for them as well. As for now there are still no sources online, once they will be ready we'll upload them.

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

You're doing a good job.
And looking forward to see the results for this. Will be nice to get an updated and improved mplayer.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Varthall

Kudos to all involved including Fab for his assistance. a very positive step in the Amiga world.

ace

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)