Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 127

davec555, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiupdate worries
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I finally got around to installing the new Amiupdate.

During the installation it said that it could not find a "install-something" 53.5+ even though it was present in the archive.

It finished the installation and when I tried to boot the program it kept asking for the same file so I made sure it was in libs as well.

After a reboot it worked nicely with no complaining. However, it find no new files to update and when I checked the prefs it showed that there was no servers in the server list.

Is this all normal?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: Amiupdate worries
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Skov

Well, this is strange, as it should add the default server if the list is empty.

Anyway, enter "www.amiupdate.net" as a server, and it may find some updates again.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks!

I will try that - when I click on the Amiupdate icons in the dock - another rotating icon appears - again, this is suppose to happen, right?

BTW - Great software! It's usually the first thing I click when I boot the Amiga!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Skov

The animated docky represents the fact that AmiUpdate is busy scanning or updating.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

I had the same problem. I added www.amiupdate.net and now its working

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks, i had also the same problem with the server list being empty

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

after updating using amiupdate, then following the guidelines i end up with this:
- as well when launching from amidock as from shell an amiupdate icon is added to amicock, turning for some while and that's all, no gui appearing. where does amidock save its preferences and how do they look ? ( a search didn't find them)
I'll try to add them manually

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Search for the 'Update' preference programm in your sys partition and then uncheck the 'Docky mode' that should allow you to see the gui at startup.
Anyway once AU is in AmiDock you can easily open it using right mouse button and selecting the appropriate menu item (not in front of it right now so could not tell you exact label).
Normally if AmiUpdate does find some updates for your computer its icon in AmiDock will show a small warning in the bottom right corner, it should also issue a Ringhio notification that can be clicked on to open the gui...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

Thanks very much
As the server list was empty too, i probably would never hve seen that any new update was available.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
It appears that there is some confusion with the latest version. The documentation has been updated to reflect all the new features in V2.0+, and this is available in the "Description" section of www.amiupdate.net.

The main cause of confusion here seems to stem from the fact that users have an icon in the AmiDock bar to launch AmiUpdate, and then having the "Docky" option set in the preferences means there are actually two icons showing.

The second icon is an actual docky. This has a context menu, which you can access by left clicking once on the docky, then right clicking while over it. From here you can carry out the most common tasks, including opening the preferences editor. If you want to show the interface, simply select the "UnIconify" menu item, or double-click the docky.

The docky will be animated when AmiUpdate is busy scanning or updating, during this time only an "Abort" menu item is available.

Please refer to the documentation here if you require any more information.

Simon

----
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I am all set now, thanks!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32