Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

WHDload & Os4
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Does Os4 have any compatibility with WHDload?

Go to top
Re: WHDload & Os4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BooBoo

It might work on classic. It won't work on anything without "the chipset", since the games and demos that it patches pretty much all use the chipset directly.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xeron

Quote:

xeron wrote:
@BooBoo

It might work on classic. It won't work on anything without "the chipset", since the games and demos that it patches pretty much all use the chipset directly.

Do like i do, i have my whd stuff visible in OS4 but with a special script, so i just click the icons as normal but it starts E-UAE in the backgroundand when the game starts its running in window mode on OS4 workbench...sure its cheating but its a helluva lot better than using os3.x in e-uae.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Thanks for Replys

The JIT emulation will only emulate AmigaDos programs and not Programs that leave the Os?including WhDload

@ToAks E-Uae is Emulating Game ADF
OR E-Uae is Emulating Game WHDload

How fast is E-Uae on A1s and does it do AGA?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BooBoo

It depends on the game, but most games are as fast as on a real Amiga.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:
@BooBoo

It depends on the game, but most games are as fast as on a real Amiga.

Do you mean on an A500? And presumably the A1 cpu you are using makes a major difference.

Maybe a reasonable benchmark would be how fast it would run 68k Quake AGA at a given resolution. Quake has that speed test thing built in doesn't it?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Angus

Quote:
Do you mean on an A500? And presumably the A1 cpu you are using makes a major difference.

Any thing from A500 to A1200 speed, but really depends on the game, games that supports RTG or Graphics cards run faster then AGA games, and if the game support AHI then that also helps.

Quote:
Maybe a reasonable benchmark would be how fast it would run 68k Quake AGA at a given resolution. Quake has that speed test thing built in doesn't it?

My experience whit 3D games under E-UAE is that they run where slowly, games like ?Genetic Spies? and ?Breathless? not where nice when you need to configure the games on the worst graphics options to get the games running, but if your able to select Picasso 96 screen mode and AHI, then this helps too.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Are AmigaDos friendly games like Quake compatibe with JIT emulation?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BooBoo

?Are AmigaDos friendly games like Quake compatibe with JIT emulation??

JIT emulation is not supported by E-UAE, I?m assuming your taking about AmigaOS4 integrated emulation.

I have not notice any big compatibility difference between having JIT on or off.

Emulated programs under OS4, will work if they are 100% system friendly, using standard system library?s, and so on,

Most classic games use CIA timers, so they will not work under AmigaOS4.

A system friendly programs uses timer.device (for timing), AHI for Audio, P96 or Graphics library, and lowlevel library for joystick input then that game will most likely work, if it don't contain any bugs, or depends on undocumented OS side effects.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2007/1/18 18:07:15
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BooBoo

There is some one working on chipset emulation for OS4.

http://www.petergordon.org.uk/readme.php?file=files/blitzen.txt

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:
@BooBoo

JIT emulation is not supported by E-UAE, I?m assuming your taking about AmigaOS4 integrated emulation.

I have not notice any big compatibility difference between having JIT on or off.

I would be interested to know how E-UAE and integrated AmigaOS4 emulation compare in speed!?
AmigaOS4 emulation will be faster for sure, but how much?
Can you run Sysinfo and tell me how much Mhz and how many Drystones are displayed?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helge

and what will a drystone mean in theese things really?

if i had a gazillion drystones or mhz it doesnt mean i could play in uae at super good speed, it depends more on the actual emulator and how its setup and if it has JIT or Not, the point of a JIT is to do the needed job when its time for it so without JIT it will sometimes use excessive cpu usage for even the most common functions and therefor drag down the performance.

anyway the answer to your question, i have no idea and couldnt care less really but i'll check it and report back if no one else does.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helge

That information won't tell you anything really. I ran sysinfo on my a4k with a CSPPC (060@50MHz) and on a P2 @ 350MHz in WinUAE with JIT. I got better results in WinUAE but in real tests the a4k felt faster, allways...

Old 2D games works fine on my A1 (G4 @ 800MHz) including Slamtilt wich is an AGA game.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@hotrod

Quote:

hotrod wrote:
@Helge

That information won't tell you anything really. I ran sysinfo on my a4k with a CSPPC (060@50MHz) and on a P2 @ 350MHz in WinUAE with JIT. I got better results in WinUAE but in real tests the a4k felt faster, allways...

I am not interested in how it feels. Only in the speed for doing calculations and the speed in benchmarks.

If you don't like Sysinfo, you can try AIBB. Amiga intuition based benchmarks. I think it's more accurate. Please post the results in this thread or PM them to me. Thanks.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helge
Emulated benchmarks are even more meaningless than benchmarks in general.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xeron

Hence my suggestion of running 68k Quake in AGA mode at a given screensize using the speed test function.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Angus

Quote:

Angus wrote:
@xeron

Hence my suggestion of running 68k Quake in AGA mode at a given screensize using the speed test function.

That's also a good suggestion. I'm basically happy with any kind of benchmark. I don't care about responsiveness and subjective feelings when I am only interested in real number crunching.
Bring on Quake, Sysinfo or AIBB and heat up the CPU's!

That brings up a question: How hot are PPC CPU's allowed to get? Are there any spec-sheets to look at?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helge

Quote:
I would be interested to know how E-UAE and integrated AmigaOS4 emulation compare in speed!?

OS4 Interpreted emulated programs, often get boost from OS4 system functions, you hardly notice that programs are emulated, because the GUI, SOUND, DATATYPES and every thing else is running as PowerPC native assembler code.

E-UAE ties to mimic a Classic Amiga, and there for tries to time every thing correctly, AGA, PAULA, CIA, Copper and bitter every thing needs to be emulated, and all this eats up CPU clock cycles like crazy, there is number of setting you can play whit get E-UAE running faster, quality reduction for audio for example, and many other settings.

OS4 JIT emulation is almost as having PowerPC native executables, 680x0 Machine code basically gets translated to PowerPC Machine code, the JIT generated code is not as optimized as PowerPC code generated by a C compiler like GCC, because the CPU flags and Data and Address registers need to be emulated correctly, so deepening on the code your tying to emulate you get different results.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2007/1/22 16:07:33
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BooBoo

Quote:

Are AmigaDos friendly games like Quake compatibe with JIT emulation?

In the case of Quake it really doesn't matter as there are OS4 native versions of both Quake and gl_Quake. There is no real reason to even try and use 68k emulation.

Go to top

Register To Post