Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: html5 and youtube on OWB OS4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Because (talking about our version) we have already asking for features, there are also a bug tracker for asking things like that, and if you read it you can see yourself, but sadly things never changes significally so if we can use a "ready-to-use" source ...

Also consider one things, also if (magically) Joerg decide to add real features (and he confirmed to refuse that) such HTML5 video, download manager with resume, integrated bookmark and so so so on, how mutch time do you think he need to do that considering past experience and our scandalous Reaction GUI ?

So because we need a real usable program *now* and not in 2020 if we are lucky, I don't see any reason not to port a perfectly usable (and in Amiga-way) program such OWB-MUI

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
@Framiga

MorphOS uses MUI4 thats a different beast compared to MUI 3.9.

Yes but we talked about OWB MUI not the OS itself, it is quite portable with some "modifications"

OWB for MorphOS uses some MUI4 functions not available on MUI 3.9

edit- i'm not saying thats impossible but its quite a lot of work.

Diego Casorran have a good knowledge about MUI 3.8/MUI3.9 and MUI4 differences (thanks to Amigift)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe bounty for Diego then ?:)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

What's so scandalous about reaction???

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

GUI toolkits have NOThing to do with these kind of things. Stop spreading such BS on forums ! It's all to do with Joerg and his decisions (maybe he's so busy with day job, family, AOS development and so on).

But if you are personally so keen to port some piece of software to Amiga then start porting it and stop whining !!!

*(beep beep beep/censored)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Framiga

Quote:
OWB for MorphOS uses some MUI4 functions not available on MUI 3.9

Yes but if you read the quoted from Fab reply (first page of this thread) some MUI4 calls can be easily replaced by MUI 3.9 calls)

Isn't impossible, just need some "adjustment" ...

Quote:
Diego Casorran have a good knowledge about MUI 3.8/MUI3.9 and MUI4 differences (thanks to Amigift)

It would be cool but AFAIK Diego doesn't have any OS4 machine, yet ... or i'm wrong ?

@Antique

Quote:
What's so scandalous about reaction???

It's a long thread I know but interesting ...

http://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... hp?topic_id=2528&forum=24

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

If I can remember there was a lot of BS also in that thread only trying to irritate other people.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

Calm down everyone or this thread will be locked

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Just to clear I have nothings againts Reaction toolkit or any OS4 devs, as OS4 user I just want the better for our platform.

If you or others are happy about the current OWB just be happy with it, I don't blame anyone for it, I just need somethings better for my need ...

Joerg say that a download manager (aka a window that show a download in progress) is not a priority, some times ago I asked him about enabling WebInspector (it just need to be activated from the core) and he refuse it, he remove copy and past from URL (with the mouse), he remove also the SVG support, I can continue for 6 pages ... well at this condition i'm sorry but I've switched to Firefox (on Windows) ...

That's it ...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

I want those features as much as you do but I said only that don't bring any toolkit discussions into this thread. Like you noticed as well it's only Joerg and his decisions.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
I'm the opposite. I now find OWB to actually be usable (unlike before), and so often use it in preference to Firefox on Windows (which requires a long boot, even with hibernation).

Certainly it is missing some things (mainly a password manager), which stop me dropping Windows completely.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Agree it is more usable now thanks to the enormous betatesting and thanks to the features request added (and accepted and developed by Joerg off course) and strongly requested by users but it's not enough for me as user neither as web developer and I think it's not enough for most users out there.

In order we would need, a download manager (but also a simple window would be perfect), an usable window behaviour (don't force us to use or just window or just tabs !) an HTML5 video support, a complete GUI with graphical preferences (again using only tooltypes in 2010 ?), a real bookmark tools, a session/resume support and so so so on ...

I'm tired to talk about OWB on MorphOS but how can be possible that the first OWB 1.0 on MOS (released 1.5 years ago) have mutch features that our latest version on OS4 (3.29) that is availible and developed since December 2007 ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K4dECGP19U

So wherever is the problem why we can't have the better solution when is possible ?

This is the only sense of my discussion, nothing more, nothing less ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Imho other talks about that make no sense. Everyone will be happy when someone will port morphos version of OWB. And everyone agree, that what we have for now - its Joerg decission. I not understand logic of Joerg too, so, when we (i, and other ones) will start to port morphos version of OWB, then just will open new thread and alt. Because its all not constuctive talks start to bee, just like on AW most of time :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Yes you right ...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

I'm locking this thread now since nothing new is coming out of it anyway.

It's not fair to give joerg a bad time for not having enough time to implement all features that people want. He's done amazing work as it is in spite of all the negativity he gets back for it. And it's not fair to criticize "somone else" for not making or porting a browser with more features. We all know that the number of developers are few and that most are very busy with whatever projects they are working on.

joerg should know by now what features people are requesting and there's no point in repeating it ad infinitum. Doing so will just kill any motivation that is still with him for this project. He's doing this on his own personal time, and in that situation you don't want to be told what to do in this manner.

If anyone wants to port another owb version then do it yourself or find someone to do it. Perhaps create a bounty to gather some funds for it or whatnot. But don't just generally whine about that it's not already done or in the works, that will not make it happen. It will just more likely just scare off anyone that might have been interested in doing the work.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
is it possible in the future, Joerg?
OWB uses GStreamer for HTML5 audio and video, if someone ports it to AmigaOS 4.x I'll use it in the AmigaOS 4.x OWB.

As for the other comments I wont reply to most of them, but I have to correct at least some of the worst nonsense:
- afxgroup didn't port anything in OWB to AmigaOS 4.x, he "just" built the SDL version for AmigaOS 4.x. That's the whole point of OWB: It's a very simple (no GUI at all, no support for multiple windows, etc.) browser for CE devices which can be built for any system without changes.
- I didn't remove AmigaOS 4.x support in the CMakefiles, there never was anything I could have removed.
- I implemented support for downloads myself in the AmigaOS 4.x OWB, before the download code from the AROS author was added to the OWB SVN.

Since most people seem to think the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB it's useless crap I guess I wont waste my time on it any more.
Maybe you'll find someone else who is stupid enough to port the AROS version (required if you want to have support for tabs) or the MorphOS version of OWB to AmigaOS 4.1, but I very much doubt it.

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 2 (3)