Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne X1000 mentioned in PC World magazine!!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Today, this article about the forthcoming AmigaOne X1000 was mentioned in a Norwegian PC World-magazine!!!

They are warmly welcoming this news and also correctly mentioned that Hyperion Entertainment and A-EON are working together to provide this brand new Amiga platform, and the 25th Amiga celebrity in summer!

This time, the rebirth and comeback of the Amiga is for REAL!

Amigaen Vender Tilbake!!!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: AmigaOne X1000 mentioned in PC World magazine!!!!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

For a few years ago,if anything Amiga was mentioned anywhere,it was meet with negative comments all over,but since 2008 this attitude slowly changed,to be more on the positive side(atleast when it comes to old Amiga games,and some apps) Retro is really big business today,and companies has to some extend started focusing on those good old amiga games again(a quick look at PSN confirmes that) This might be a good thing for Hyperion/A-eon,because those that remember the Amiga,and know those games orginate from the Amiga,will remember those good old days,and bring the name Amiga back into their heads. A handful of them might even return to our world again. But we are still years away to a proper return(if ever) The day you can choose between Amiga,PC,and Mac right from the storeshelf,is the day Amiga truly returns.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Caveman

Remember when i went to spaceworld and got me an a500,this was in 1989 if i don't remember wrong.

Would be cool to maybe buy amiga at local computer stores one time in the future again.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

YES! it's about time main stream computer magazines start reporting positive things about Amiga..I guess the court case won by Hyperion was'nt only followed closely by us Amigans afterall

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

I bought my first A500 in 1987,in a small store somewhere close to bislett,it was sold out everywhere else :) Those was the days :)

People start to be more aware of alternatives these days,thanks to Apple :) Who would had thought they ever sell a Mac on Leftdal,or Elkjop a few years ago :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Aah! A thread started by Helgis! About time! We've been wondering where you've been. You've been hoping for a new Amiga for ages, along with the rest of us, and when it's been announced, you've been suspiciously silent for days! Welcome back to the fray!!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@OldAmigan

Yes, Helgis is back with to great videos:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search ... e+x1000&search_type=&aq=f

Go to top
Anonymous
Keep it light and easy folks. Be careful with using mockery even with good intentions. In fact, just don't, ok?

Quote:

5. Guests on this board are expected to be constructive, helpful, informative, honest, polite and above all to be nice and respect each other. Any breach of this attitude by any Guest will be moderated and punished under clause (2).

Don't fall foul of this rule.

Edited by DaveP on 2010/1/11 11:57:35
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Translated with Google Translate:

Amiga is back!

A1G3-SE + OS4.1 u1 iso (x2)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Caveman

Point taken. Things have to go carefully in the first place. We don't want another failure, but i'm confident that Hyperion/A-EON are the ones who can make it..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

Couldn't agree more!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Dirk-B

Amazing! And so easy to do with Google Translate! That's brilliant!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bitman

It's only the first of many to see this year from me

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@OldAmigan

Thanks my friend Well, can hardly talk about it here, but there have been some...problems for me on another well-known Amiga-site, so that is a thing of the past for me. This is a whole new, fresh beginning..

So don't worry. I will always be "home" where the Amiga is. That is for sure..

The funny side of this thing is that on the site i am no longer a member in, i tried to tell people that i never
stopped believing in the Amiga, that Amiga would return as it did in the 80-ies. Almost nobody on that site believed me and told me that i was dreaming out of reality..

Now it actually seems that i am finally right. Such an irony

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DaveP

Well, i certainly will learn well not to take out frustrations and anger on others, but keep it deeply inside and to be alone when that happens..

I'm sure it's not happening now that this is the best news for the Amiga since Amiga 1000 back in 1985!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@everybody

Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Helgis

No matter what, keep posting video news about Amiga on youtube and don't let them bring you down!

Edited by SIID on 2010/1/11 23:10:41
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

There will always be a chance for Amiga to return,as long as the Brand and OS excist. Most people don't realize that in the business world,there is no such thing as an status que,it's always in a state of "war". 20 years from now,who knows,maybe even Microsoft will be in the same situation we are in now.

Apple is a good example that things can change. Only a few years ago,Apple was going nowhere,and only the hardcore fans had any interrest of it. Amiga on the other hand,blew any chance it got,to keep hold of the fans. So the way up,is a much longer journey,than Apple had.

I think Hyperion uses the right strategy now. and that is to try bring those ex-amigans back home. And to do that,they must choose a steady course towards the future,with no unpleasant suprises along the way.

To those ex-amigans. Many of you probably buy a new cellphone every 1-2 years,and lots of other digital appliances,and when you are tired of it,you usually throw it away because it's not worth anything in the used markedspace. And still you are complaining that the Amiga is SO expensive nowadays. But think about it this way. You will help bring back your beloved platform,if you join us,and when you're done with the machine,it will probably be worth more in the used markedspace than all of your gadgets you bought now.

We really don't know,if this is the beginning of a new era,but i can promise you one thing. I will buy a Amigaone x1000,and i will probably buy a lot of popcorn to,in the years to come :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@SIID

Thank you very much
I won't be let down. Not anymore that the Amiga is finally coming home.

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Caveman

Wouldn't agree more. Alternative solutions become now more and more attractive.

Windows has dominated the computer industry the last 15 years, at least to say, and i would say that most of us as well as many others might feel that such a system has become way too traditional and "boring" because it's
the most used and easiest available OS out there..

Just because Windows is the most used and the most available OS to use, doesn't mean it's the best one to use.
A lot of people seem to forget that, as i tried to explain a
former Amiga-user and a friend of mine, whom now has been "brain-washed" by the domination of Windows..

I believe that 2010 marks the year of a whole new beginning. A whole new year of changes and differences,
so yes, the Amiga can very well become the best choice and an important platform again as in the 80-ies..

People might get mad at me when saying this, but Windows today has become like a super-star getting
too many "facelifts" and way too much "make-up".
Like an old T-Rex trying to look like a natural beauty
with make-up and plastic surgey..

I'm afraid that is the truth with the Windows of today.
If you are tired of old traditions like this, break free and
join the new next-generation Amiga-platform. Use the
latest AmigaOS and have a lot of fun. You the user forms
the future, not the other way around..

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post