Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Christmas !!!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Merry Christmas to all and happy new year 2010, be good and Santa Claus will bring the AmigaOS 4.1 update

best regards.

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Re: Christmas !!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Fernecho
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here.

---
BTW. talked about this with a friend earlier tonight. What do you guys around the world eat as a traditional Christmas dinner on Christmas evening?

Here it's traditionally duck with brown and white potatoes and sauce etc. (and)or pork loin with crackling and red cabbage.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Duck for christmas???

Here some eat sheep(pinnekj?tt),pork meat with potatoes(not sure wthats all is called in english,but ribbe,p?lser,poteter,surk?l og medisterkaker). Some i think even have fish.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Here in my region (Galicia - Northwest Spain) we usually have dinner with seafood (crayfish, prawns, scallops, barnacles, etc, etc) and after a vegetable stew with potatoes and beans, cooked pork and pork sausages too, and drinking red wine .

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels

Roasted duck is also our usual Christmas meal, but if we are enough people gathered on Christmas Eve, we might substitute it with a goose. This year, however, we're having turkey, as my sister doesn't eat duck or goose.

And of course before the bird we have rice porridge with an almond in it, a click of butter on top, and strewn with sugar and cinnamon. The one who finds the almond gets an "almond gift". Some Danes have defected the true rice porridge cause and are instead having a dessert based on rice porridge, chopped almonds (and one whole one) and whipped cream instead ("Ris ? l'amande" - strangely it has a French-sounding name, although it is a purely Danish invention).

Merry Christmas,

Niels

Go to top

See User information
Turkey or chicken is the traditional British Christmas dinner, but so many other meats and poultry are usually added or used instead (when people are fed up with Turkey!)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All
A Christmas Story for people having a bad day:

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out,Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drank all the cider and hidden the liquor. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritated Santa marched to the door,yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, 'Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?'

And so began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas Tree ........

Here's hoping everyone had a great Christmas and looking forward to a Great New Year

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top

Register To Post