Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: ClipDown v2.1 Notes and Tips - v2.2 released. Fixes YouTube and more!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
TSK wrote:
@ktadd
I had some problems trying to stream youtube with ClipDown. I noticed a couple of things.

You're using "run rx getvideo.rexx" ? I guess that background CLI created by run cmd has smaller stack size than what's required by MPlayer causing instability. MPlayer needs huge stack.
Do anybody know how to set default stack for all background CLI's ? (DOS prefs or Workbench prefs or something else ?)

Hmm....I don't have such problems on my system. Are you using CLipDown v2.3 and the latest version of MPlayer (see requirements in guide file). I set the stack to 500k when launching the getvideo command and I beleive the child processes inherit the stack size from the parent so I don't think that's a problem. My experience is that MPLayer will crash everytime with the system default stack of 8k. Anybody else experience this?

Quote:
I'm usually using a root level of a partition as download dir. I had defined a tooltype with "temp:". So ClipDown tried to download a file into "temp: /<blahblah>.flv" (notice a space char between ':' and '/') so it created a new dir with empty name and downloaded that file into it. It gave me an error message saying it can't save that file but saved it anyway (?).

Ah, it's becoming clear to me now why so many people are having problems with setting the tool types. I forgot to add the code that I have in in ffmpegGUI to handle if the tooltype setting includes the quotes or not. I'll put it on the list to add to a future version. For now don't include quotes around the SAVE_PATH tooltype and it should work. (ie. SAVE_PATH=Temp:) or (SAVE_PATH=Ram:Save me), spaces Ok.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
Are you using CLipDown v2.3 and the latest version of MPlayer

C**p. I believed I downloaded the latest version but I had v2.2. MPlayer is the "April" version.

Edit: This problem was fixed with v2.3.

Quote:
SAVE_PATH=Temp:

There was no quotes.

Edit: Sorry, I had that extra space accidently in the end of the path ("temp: " (without quotes)). So now it downloads a file to a correct place but I get message "FILENOTE: target not found" and it creates that new dir with empty name anyway. It looks like that problem is in the getvideo script.

Edited by TSK on 2009/8/12 2:09:50
Edited by TSK on 2009/8/12 2:11:40
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TSK wrote:
Edit: This problem was fixed with v2.3.

Good to hear!

Quote:
So now it downloads a file to a correct place but I get message "FILENOTE: target not found" and it creates that new dir with empty name anyway. It looks like that problem is in the getvideo script.

What happens if you run the getvideo command right from the command line in a shell? On Aworld sundown said he went back to getvideo v0.17 and it worked again for him. I don't understand why I don't see the problem though. I double checked and am running v0.20. Hmmm.....

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Should streaming from youtube with MPlayer work? For me it downloads all before playing it in MPlayer...

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MenthosQuote:

Menthos wrote:
@ktadd
Should streaming from youtube with MPlayer work? For me it downloads all before playing it in MPlayer...

Yes, in Auto Action mode and Play with getvideo it will stream the movie.
If you set a large cache with MPlayer it will fill the cache before playing the movie so there may be a delay before the video starts playing. If you have a reasonably fast connection the default cache size of 1k seems to work fine. The only time it save the movie is if you have "Save then Play with GetVideo" selected from the menu.

If it's not working that way for you then hit the space bar after clicking the ClipDown button and resize the shell output window so you can see the command issued by ClipDown. It should say "play" at the end and not "saveplay".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Ah, nice! Will look into this later.

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
What happens if you run the getvideo command right from the command line in a shell?

It works and no error messages. (Maybe getvideo doesn't find path.)

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSKQuote:

TSK wrote:
@ktadd
Quote:
What happens if you run the getvideo command right from the command line in a shell?

It works and no error messages. (Maybe getvideo doesn't find path.)

Let me guess, your using IBrowse or AWeb to copy the URL into the clipboard?
I've discovered that if you use IBrowse or AWeb to cut the URL in stead of OWB, the error you discribed occurs. The download still works fine but the URL is not added as a file comment. Looking into it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
Let me guess, your using IBrowse or AWeb

No, I'm using OWB (3.15).

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK
Quote:

TSK wrote:
@ktadd
Quote:
Let me guess, your using IBrowse or AWeb

No, I'm using OWB (3.15).

Hmmm......are you clipping the video by moving the mouse over the video's picture, then using the middle or right mouse button to clip the URL from the menu or are you clicking on the picture to got to it's page then copying the URL to the clipboard from the URL string gadget at the top of the page via the RAmiga+C key combination?

I usually move over the picture and copy via the dropdown menu.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

I found the problem. It was also telling it can't find Touch command. There's Touch in the SDK which was also in path. But I copied Touch into sys:C and now it works without errors. I guess I could add "alias touch setdate" into the Shell-startup script also but I didn't test if it would work.

I'm using popup menu (middle mouse button) of OWB on hyperlinks to copy them into the clipboard.

(Edit: I was testing it with Youtube links in this AW.net thread.)

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK
Quote:

TSK wrote:
@ktadd

I found the problem.

Nice work! Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

EDIT: Ah... I had missed the last release of mplayer! :(

Now it streams fine! :D

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
Do anybody know how to set default stack for all background CLI's ? (DOS prefs or Workbench prefs or something else ?)

Try setting it in S:Shell-Startup, add a line, stack=3000000 or whatever you want. You can then open a shell & type "stack" to test it.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Menthos

And now I can't do anything with youtube... Anyone else? Have they changed something so getvideo doesn't work anymore?

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Menthos
Quote:

Menthos wrote:
@Menthos
And now I can't do anything with youtube... Anyone else? Have they changed something so getvideo doesn't work anymore?

Looks that way. Just descovered it myself as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Menthos
Quote:

Menthos wrote:
@Menthos

Juergen Lucas has already updated getvideo to version 0.21 which fixes YouTube again! Get it at aminet HERE!
Thanks Juergen!

Go to top
Re: ClipDown v2.3 (newest) Notes - getvideo v0.21 fixes YouTube
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

ClipDown 2.3 works absolutely fine here with the latest GetVideo, OWB 3.15 and OS4.1 on my SAM. GREAT WORK!!!
The mp3-samples at amazon works great when I copy the link from the play-button, but I miss the function for the normal sound-samples at amazon (without a play-button) like here.

Go to top
Re: ClipDown v2.3 (newest) Notes - getvideo v0.21 fixes YouTube
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

gurus2000 wrote:
@ktadd
The mp3-samples at amazon works great when I copy the link from the play-button, but I miss the function for the normal sound-samples at amazon (without a play-button) like here.

Your wish is my commnad! ClipDown v2.4 can play sound-samples at the regular amazon site. Not only do they play but they can be downloaded as well and will be given the song title as a name. Unfortunalty the mp3 site sound samples can't be downloaded currently. v2.4 should be appearing on OS4Depot shortly.

Go to top
Re: ClipDown v2.1 Notes and Tips (YouTube support problem)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd
Hey thanks for this. I have just downloaded and tried, after finding my getvideo was well out of date all has gone well so far. I can at least download a clip to my HD. Will try out the other features shortly, this gives a little boost to OWB. Thanks again for your work.

ace

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »