Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SGrab and OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I like the "Mark and Grab". However, with transparency on the window I want to grab shows the stuff beneth. I can switch off in prefs but would be nice if SGrab would keep the windows as activated instead of defaulting back to the "workbench" window. Cause once in mark mode it shows the window that I had activated in un-activated mode (and thus the transparent stuff shows through).

Go to top
Re: SGrab and OS4.1
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Btw, if there any trick to make Sgrab works with the content of Mplayer window ? Becouse when i want to show some shoot , mplayer have always black window inside (like most of the screen grabs utilityes on winxp, but, some of them works as must). Maybe authors of sgrab in interest to add that ?

@my_pc_is_amiga

What i do for the grab to make sgrab working with window as "Active": i run sgrab for making shoot, then fast click on the window which i want to make active. Then back to sgrab again, and press the same grab button again - in this case window which i want to make active, grabs as active one.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

You have to disable the use of overlays (aka PIP) to make screenshots of mplayer/dvplayer.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ZeroG

I find pausing the video works.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

I will try that, thanks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@my_pc_is_amiga

Quote:

my_pc_is_amiga wrote:
I like the "Mark and Grab". However, with transparency on the window I want to grab shows the stuff beneth. I can switch off in prefs but would be nice if SGrab would keep the windows as activated instead of defaulting back to the "workbench" window. Cause once in mark mode it shows the window that I had activated in un-activated mode (and thus the transparent stuff shows through).

I can't try this on my Amiga right now, but what I usually do is use a delay of e.g. 3 seconds, so I can go click on the title bar of the window I want active in the grab, before SGrab grabs it. Could that help?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@all
Btw, if there any trick to make Sgrab works with the content of Mplayer window ? Becouse when i want to show some shoot , mplayer have always black window inside (like most of the screen grabs utilityes on winxp, but, some of them works as must). Maybe authors of sgrab in interest to add that ?

You don't need Sgrab for that, just the latest version of MPlayer. Just hit the "s" key and it will save a screengrab to RAM. It won't grab the MPlayer window, just the video inside.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

btw guys, while we are on the talk about mplayer etc, let me share my insight and experimentation regarding this beast

Under extras in MPlayer-GUI v1.44 by Deniil 715!

in additional parameters

type this line

-xy 2 -vf eq2=1.8

remove the -xy 2 part if you don't want to double the size of your movie (I run in 1680x1050 so like to have it bigger at times without going Fullscreen)

the -vf eq2=1.8 is what I consider the best settings for added brightness, contrast & gamma etc...

yes, no need to turn those settings on the monitor WAY up to see that dark detail any longer!

So there you go!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RacerX

Thanks for the tip, that is cool, you should add that to Slayer's new Tips thread.

ace

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@my_pc_is_amiga

I think the trick is to ensure that window you want to grab is active before you bring sgrab using the hotkey. Then when you press grab, the sgrab window disappears and your window reactivates. If you activate your window after bringing up Sgrab than it may not reactivate when Sgrab does the grab.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Thanks -- it looks like it is working when using it that way.
Intially, when trying to capture tunenet it seem to still show background but then later it was okay.

There seems to be a "flash" of when the actual capture takes place to when it goes back to sgrab. So if the capture is not timed right, it might capture the deactivated state.

Go to top

Register To Post