Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hollywood Designer - a few examples from this powerful tool!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello

Hollywood/Hollywood Designer is one of the most impressive software-packages available to OS4. The author Andreas Falkenhahn has even made the effort of supporting both amigaOS and morphOS. I know that Andreas hasn't released any demos of the software so i guess many users wonders how powerful his software really is ?

Myself I use Hollywood Designer to develop commercial software. I don't have any knowledge about coding but i'm still able to make some nice software using his programs. Designer makes me develop software simply by point and click, using a very nice and clean graphical userinterface (mui).

I have added a few examples of what is possible to make in Hollywood Designer. It is small bits and pieces of Ferrule Medias software Dental Info. In addition I have added a media-presentation from our software Dental Kanal (Dental Channel). This will show how Designers ability to make high quality media-presentations!

I can recomend Hollywood/Hollywood Designer to anyone! If you have got any questions i would be happy to answer!

Example 1
An example of one of the menus in Dental Info. This only shows the menu, and it is not possible to click on the links.
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/DentalGuiOS4.exe

Example 2 :
An example of a "homepage" created in Designer
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/HomepageOS4

Example 3 :
A multimedia-presentation taken from Dental Kanal. (needs the minimun resolution of 1366*768)
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/Presentation.exe

Best regards

Torgeir Vee
Ferrule Media
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no

Edited by fuskoSCN on 2009/4/5 19:26:13
Go to top
Re: Hollywood Designer - a few examples from this powerful tool!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fuskoSCN

You did your website with Hollywood too?

Don't tell me it can export HTML? Anyway, that would be a great feature for Hollywood.

Thanks for the examples.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Torgeir

Very professional looking work, as always.

One small thing:
When the "Dental Info" tab is selected (under "produkter"), the highlighted (underlined) state of "Dental Kanal" shifts slightly to the left when the mouse goes over it.

You are doing a great job promoting Hollywood/Designer (and also the Amiga). Keep it up!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

Hi there :)

No, i did not make my homepage using Designer - I just used our homepage-graphics to make a copy of it. Everything is built up by brushes :) Very easy to make and actually rather functional :)

Torgeir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello :)

To better show of Designers excellent userinterface I have decided to upload a few screenshots of the program. I find the GUI clean and very easy to both use and understand.

I was able to master the program after just playing with it for a short period of time. It shows that the author Andreas Falkenhahn has used a large amount of time to develop an userinterface that is both functional and fun to work with!

screenshot 1
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/screenshot1.jpg

screenshot 2
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/screenshot2.jpg

screenshot 3
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/screenshot3.jpg

screenshot 4
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/screenshot4.jpg

screenshot 5
http://www.ferrule-media.no/amiga/screenshot5.jpg

best regards

Torgeir Vee

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fuskoSCN

In Dental Kanal, do you type some code, or use the Designer only?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

Hi there!

No, everything was made using Designer - simply by point and click. In Designer the presentations are also very easy to maintain, update or even translate to another language.

Dental Kanal is built up by seperate modules for each topic - and with designer it is possible to import these modules in order to make one large presentation. Everything is then looped. In my own office we have a SAMEP440 connected to a 32" screen that runs a two hour long loop for atleast 8 hours a day. (and it has never chrashed once!)

We do however got one option that requiers some extra code - namely password-protection. The user will not be able to quit the presentation without writing a selected password.

PEB was very nice to help with the lines of code needed to make this :)

Best regards
Torgeir

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fuskoSCN

Quote:

fuskoSCN wrote:
In my own office we have a SAMEP440 connected to a 32" screen that runs a two hour long loop for atleast 8 hours a day. (and it has never chrashed once!)

Interesting. Which resolution/screenmode do you use? Do you use the built-in graphics or a separate card? Which cable connection? Which screen (TV/monitor)?

I'm trying to connect my Sam to our new HD TV which has a 1920?1080p mode, but the best I can get so far is 1280?720 (or something around that). I use the DVI output, a high-quality DVI-HDMI adapter and a high-quality HDMI cable.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

It is a Samsung flatscreen, and we are using the resolution 1366*768.

We enter the correct hertz-settings in the devs:montiors/radeon.info. Then we connect it to the SAM using a vga-cable directly to the motherboard.

I have had similar problems getting dvi to work on high resolutions. As an example our 24inch monitors are only able to show 1650*1050 using DVI. (Samsung and HP). Using the vga-cable we are able to use them at 1920*1200 without problems.

But remember to use a vga-cable directly to the motherboard - the picture quality is much better like that compared to if you use a dvi-vga converter.

Torgeir:)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

nbache wrote:

I'm trying to connect my Sam to our new HD TV which has a 1920?1080p mode, but the best I can get so far is 1280?720 (or something around that). I use the DVI output, a high-quality DVI-HDMI adapter and a high-quality HDMI cable.

The DVI port of the ATI M9 chip has a limited bandwidth (155 Mhz) compared to the VGA port and the maximum resolution it supports is 1600x1200

You can try to reach 1920x1080 on DVI, but you need to lower the refresh rate to around 50 Hz (if your HD TV support it)

In the Radeon icon tooltypes modify the following entries:

VSYNCMIN=50
MODE=1920x1080@50+RB

Another solution is to lower the vertical resolution from 1080 to 960 or similar value.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@fuskoSCN
Thanks for the info - ah, and here I thought DVI would be better than VGA

Guess I will have to get at VGA->HDMI adapter instead of the DVI->HDMI one, then, and try with VGA (I'm not about to toss away my nice new 7.5 metres Lindy high-end HDMI cable which I just bought for around 80 EUR).

@m3x
I see, that ties in with Torgeir's experiences. From the manual, it doesn't look like our TV supports 50 Hz refresh, at least not as a "computer format"; those are all listed as 60 Hz. It does list some "video formats", one of which is 1080p with 50 or 60 Hz refresh. So maybe it can work, I'll give it a shot. It's a Philips 42PFL7403, BTW.

But it does sound like I'd be better off using the VGA output. So how is that expansion board of yours coming along, which would provide both full audio jack array and VGA (and more) on the backplate? I'm very eager to lay my hands on one of those, even more so now .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache
Well, I tried your advice, m3x, and it actually did work! I'm now running through DVI->HDMI with a nice screenmode of 1920?1080?16@50. Looks great. With the distance I have from the TV in my normal chair, I had to select a number of fonts in larger sizes for WB to be comfortably usable even on a 42" screen, but apart from that, no problems.

I haven't yet tried viewing photos (which is one of the main purposes of this setup -- sort of a modern way of the good old "bore your guests with your holiday slides"), but I expect being restricted to 16 bits instead of full truecolor will be slightly visible, so I'm still going to try the VGA alternative at some point (e.g. once your connector board is available).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi nbache,

So, how does it look on a 42" display???

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Atheist

Quote:

Atheist wrote:
Hi nbache,

So, how does it look on a 42" display???

Pretty good, in fact -- after increasing the font sizes as mentioned above it is absolutely usable also for "normal" work. As I think I wrote about elsewhere, I use a WB background picture which is taller than the screen in order to avoid stretching it in the other direction, so the Boing ball on it is half cut off at the bottom, looking a bit like a rising sun -- but that's okay, doesn't look too bad at all. Texts and icons are generally crisp and clear, and it feels like using a more normal screen until you realise the distance you're actually sitting at.

I haven't really finished the setup phase yet, though. I need the Sam to be able to access my A1 over the LAN, as that is where I have the big disks with photos, music etc., but I didn't want to run Ethernet cable through the living room, so I have been experimenting (in vain) with a wireless access point and have now chosen to use a pair of HomePlug adapters. That took some experimenting too, before I found out which outlets to use where they could "see" each other over the mains spaghetti in our house.

Next steps include choosing the most suitable program for viewing the pictures as well as some other little adjustments. I haven't actually seen photos on that screen yet.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post