Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
developers, what are you working on?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i am a curious guy.

any developers that want to talk about their current or future projects? big or small doesn't matter.

make us drool with screenshots and info! it's nice to have something to look forward to.

Go to top
Re: developers, what are you working on?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

Well, I don't know if anything usefull will ever be released but here is some info from me:

http://www.allt1.se/VikingInn/

Don't expect too much from the Shoot'em'up I'm working on. It is just to have something to test my 3D engine with.

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Menthos

cool. it lacks screenshots though. ;)
so versus is still alive..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

I'm mostly working on SRec ATM.

Resized Image

I also work from time to time on a portable isometric game engine. The idea is to create an isometric shooter with it. ATM I'm just working on the display/gfx engine part, which uses minigl for accelerated 2d blits.

Resized Image

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

Not decided on a final name yet but it's basically an up to date development studio for the Amiga.

Screenshots of Beta 0.1 are at

http://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=200

Quite old but most of what you can see there is pretty much the same in the current version. Just a lot more features and quite a few bug fixes now that the SDK docs are available!

Might upload a vid at some point so that it catches the autocomplete and popup windows. srec catches them nicely.

Feature list

Project management - hard coded for C and Modula2 projects at the moment. Other project types can be used but the project management side of things will not maintain the build file. Examples needed!

Multi document editor with syntax highlighting. Syntax highlighting is externally driven via XML so you can define syntaxes for pretty much any language you like. C/C++ (with complete syntaxes for the SDK includes), Modula2, SQL syntaxes, amigaguide, etc. are included.

Integrated help, popup hints and autocomplete. Driven by the same syntax files. The parser is reasonably smart so can work out variable types etc. and present a shortened list for autocomplete. Help Links to autodocs, includes, amigaguides, etc. are supported. All help documents are cross indexed.

Fully redefinable keyboard with over 100 built in commands + macro support. Usual editor commands + loads of commands for coders - indent, group (fold), toupper/lower, move to brace/bracket, (un)comment, etc.

Compiler support for GCC, VBCC and M2Err (Modula2). Compilation is a seperate process so you can look into the warnings \ errors as the compilation continues. Other compilers are pretty simple to support.

Bookmarks - Note, Warning, Error, Breakpoint types are supported with multiple bookmarks per line. Warnings and error bookmarks are automatically created during the compilation process. Breakpoint bookmarks are used by the debugger. Notes are user definable. In all cases hovering over the bookmark in the editor displays the associated comment \ comments.

Unicode support - experimental. Really need Hyperion to add support within the OS.

GUI Driven Debugger- start, continue, step, step over, step into, add \ remove breakpoint, watches, variable browser (editable where possible). You have to be really careful with this as a breakpoint in the wrong place will kill the OS.

Probably lots of things I've forgotten about that may end up in Beta 0.3.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@madmonkey

wow dident know that there was two developers ide's being worked on for os4.

That very nice indeed.

At the moment I use CubicIDE and shell to code and compile my sources.

This is what I love about Golded... It has syntax highligthing, text folding (I use this alot) and when I move the cursor over a function it writes the syntax and parametes in the bottom.. those three thing is a must for me, they are just so darn nice :)

anyway keep up the good work.

and too be on topic I can say that I code on usb2.0 from time to time.

Its getting close to being at same level as oure uhci/ohci and that means Control/Interrupt/Bulk working.

For example my ehci driver, I can start my camera and load the ptp driver that loads all the thumbnails. Some mysterious bug prevents it from downloading pictures and I'm looking into that now.

So you see I'm all most there.

RWO

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@spotUP

Well, today, I've been trying to write a USB driver, and seeing if I can get anything to compile for AROS. Not having much luck with either (they are only "let's see if..." for my own personal gratification anyway), so tomorrow - who knows?

PS are you going to take that Santa suit off this year, or all you sticking to "if you don't take your Christmas decorations down in time you have to leave them up all year"?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

haha... uhm... i've been lazy... and yea, it's been 1,3 years in that costume now, it's quite smelly i tell ya!

@thread

wow! this was a more thorough set of reports than i had expected, nice reading! the biggest surprise was the ide.
codebench has a competitor it seems.

really appreciated all, keep them coming!

edit: ok, costume off, finally. i had almost forgotten how fresh air smells, what a sensation!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
SpotUp:

I've been busy designing and building MIDI hardware, the last few projects have been made with PIC chips, and are not Amiga specific.

I'm sure I'll get back to Amiga stuff soon enough, it all moves in a big circle..

I'm real excited about the latest, I have had a few late nights getting it up to operational, it's a musical instrument that could be much easier than most "classic" instruments to play. It could mutate into a number of different products, but I'm still developing the core application, so it may be a few months before all the possibilities are realized.

I could NOT develop my MIDI toys without having CAMD on my Amiga. There is just nothing as flexible for managing MIDI on other OS's.

LyleHaze

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
An Hollywood programmer can also be considered a developer?

:)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Allanon

yea, why not? go!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LyleHaze

cool! it's fun to mess around with hw as well.
orgin suggested a cool idea in another forum,
how about a a4k keyboard > usb or a4k keyboard > ps2 adapter? i'd love a cheap alternative to the catweasel to just connect my a4k kbd to my os4 box.
anyone up for this?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

Ok :)

I'm working on LookHere!, an image viewer just released but with many more features planned for next releases like exif infos and device monitoring for easy download/view.

Released version: here
Screenshots: here

The Gui is done using ScuiLib a self made library for Hollywood written in Hollywood, not finished yet but already usable and stable.
Here the latest release: 0.6 Beta
And a couple of screenshot of the included tutorials: here

I'd like to improve HFinder with many features planned in the next release:
Current version: v1.1
Screenshot: Here

I'm working on a Gui for Lame but I've to finish some parts of ScuiLib before going on with this project...

Finally I'd like to port to Hollywood a particle engine written some months ago for BlitzMax (Win version <--- AAARGH!!!)

That's all
:P

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

I've done all these 30 pieces in os4depot.net. A couple of pieces are waiting for a little bit more testing and making decision of their names.

Quote:
a4k keyboard > usb or a4k keyboard > ps2 adapter

That device would be nice and it would be nice to use classic Amiga keyboard with my A1. But I've been thinking sometimes how strange it is that many classic users are buying ps2 adapters to use common and cheap keyboards with their classic machines. And then there's people who are using classic keyboards with their modern computers !?! Go figure.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

You've done some really great tools there

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Quote:
You've done some really great tools there

Thanks !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, from my side, the GUI for you-know-what-Spot :), a new version of mencoder with some optimization and some requested functionalities, a new FLTK and finally Open Movie Editor.

Varthall

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Working very very slowly on MindSpace 2 which will hopefully end up as a vaguely useful vector drawing app.

Working even more slowly on my Zeewolf clone (4 years and counting).

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »