Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiupdate: libopenssl/libcurl
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Amiupdate picked up today that there's newer libopenssl, however it downloads libcurl and after next sync the need for the update shows up again.

Desn't look quite normal to me
Jack

Edited by Jack on 2009/1/15 21:07:05
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: Amiupdate: libopenssl/libcurl
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Jack

Mine's not showing any such update...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

I have the sdk server added in tooltypes (as per requester that popped after the latest amiupdates' self-updates)

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Jack wrote:
Amiupdate picked up today that there's newer libopenssl, however it downloads libcurl and next sync the need for the update shows again.
Jack

I have the same issue.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

me also

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack
and me too

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

right you lot *grin* I know I've only been busy posting for the last week or so but I guess I'm here to stay... Just have a small suggestion here; by my way of thinking it takes one person to report something and one other to simply confirm it. Now there isn't any problem with everyone joining in as such I'm just concerned with the affect at times it can have on people who are responsible for updating/changing/implementing etc from the feedback we give them.

and issue is probably too strong a word, try oversight

No one ever means the worst I think but it doesn't hurt to be more forgiving when things are being done for you

I hope I don't appear to be overreacting, I'm just thinking out loud... I have yet to get involved in any AmiUpdate particulars for example but don't want it muzzled (for lack of a better word) before I get a chance to see it with all the bells and whistles

I've always believed in making do and smiling about it, users are part of the same journey software takes

LOL - too deep for Friday morning, perhaps, I had a late night too... damn SAM, too cool to ignore

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Jack

Yes, it appears to be a problem in the database. I have notified the maintainer for correction

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
fixed, sorry for the inconvenience, it went by unnoticed as the sdk server was under maintenance when i added the lib.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

for my part, (and I think for swisso also) it was
a mix of a joke and a confirmation that what
happened to ktadd was not a single case,
no intention to blame the manteiners of the AmiUpdate
database.
I think AmiUpdate it's a very useful and well done tool

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@pvanni

There's no doubt in my mind that it was perfectly normal reponses or intentions. I was just thinking out loud suggesting that at times (perhaps the maintainer has had a bad day or there are a string of events that converge etc etc) reading a band wagon type thread could prove uninspiring or negative

Since most if not all active people around here seem quite down to earth my concerns probably aren't necessary... just a little food for thought nothing more...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post