Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

jarokuczi, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.2
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Just a curiosity, how is the problem with the shared version ?

This static OWB seems a little bigger as bin, maybe we need a new reworked version shared system from Hyperion ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Thank you!
asap owb 3.3 was available I'll try it! :)

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the update. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to use address book. Working fine so far.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox

it has a built in adress book now? well... how DO i use it?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

This is what I figured out so far.

If you are not using AISS there are two buttons called Add and Bookmark.
If you are using AISS, the "Add" button looks like a book with a green + sign on it. The "Bookmark" button looks like a plain book.

To add a bookmark (add the webpage you are looking at right now), just click the "Add" button. The url will be added to the bookmarks.txt file.

To go to a previously bookmarked page. click on the "Bookmark" button and a list will appear. Then double-click on the url you want and OWB will go there. (Sometimes I have to actually make the OWB window active before it will go to the desired webpage. Seems kind of hit and miss on my system).

---
redfox

[edit] added button names

Edited by redfox on 2009/1/4 23:21:51
Edited by redfox on 2009/1/4 23:22:56
Edited by redfox on 2009/1/4 23:26:53
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Just a curiosity, how is the problem with the shared version ?
If I'd use shared objects again the AmigaOS 4.0 users would complain again that they can't use current versions of OWB any more ...
(There is no libcairo.so for AmigaOS 4.0, only the one included in AmigaOS 4.1.)

Quote:
This static OWB seems a little bigger as bin,
It's not larger, for versions using shared objects you have to add the size of all shared objects used.

Quote:
maybe we need a new reworked version shared system from Hyperion ?
I never had any problems with the shared object versions of OWB and couldn't reproduce any of the problems very few users had with them.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
what bookmarks icons i thought???!...

and then i realized i had done something incredibly stupid. i had multiple copies of owb installed. i've been running an old version.. 2.19 for a good while.. HAHA...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all

OWB 3.3 is now out. Grab it here.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Sometimes I have to actually make the OWB window active before it will go to the desired webpage. Seems kind of hit and miss on my system

I can't even close the bookmark window without making the OWB window active first. It doesn't even update its content after resizing it (the bookmark window) without activating the OWB window.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@redfox

Quote:

redfox wrote:

(Sometimes I have to actually make the OWB window active before it will go to the desired webpage. Seems kind of hit and miss on my system).

same behaviour here.

Apart this little issue, excellent release!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotUP

That's why I requested a visible versioning in OWB some time ago. I also have muliple copy of OWB installed and finding what is running is not obvious.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TMTisFree

Agree, would be usefull to have a version number on the title window, or almost an about window with more informations

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
Agree, would be usefull to have a version number on the title window,
Not in the window title, but in the screen title the version number is displayed already.

Quote:
or almost an about window with more informations
You can open a new window instead, the initial content includes the version number as well.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Ah yes you're right. As my window opens full screen I never saw it. Thanks for the tips.

Bye,
TMTisFree

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Over the last few days, I have been getting GR's when I visit amigaworld.net

It seems to happen when the OWB is filling in the Sponsored Ads section on the right side of the main webpage.

As soon as I see the words AVS Video appear in the Sponsored Ads area OWB croaks with a GrimReaper 80000003 DSI type failure. My only solution is to reset. It has happened 6 times this morning, always the same Ad.

I noticed that last night it was working ok but there was a different Ad.

I get the same results with OWB 3.3, OWB 3.1 and OWB 2.20.

AWeb and IBrowse do not display the ads and do not croak.

The only other possibility I can see is the news item about
"ukLottery2009 out with special Terms and Conditions"

It seems to take awhile for AWeb and IBrowse to render the graph that shows up with that news item.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

I shutdown for about 1/2 an hour, come back and OWB is working ok on amigaworld.net

It just happened to be the same sponsored ad. Changed a few minutes later.

But this time my son is surfing the net using our Windows XP tower machine.

Stick around for awhile Son.

---
redfox

Update I spoke too soon. OWB is croaking again.

Edited by redfox on 2009/1/11 19:21:15
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox

Quote:
Over the last few days, I have been getting GR's when I visit amigaworld.net

It seems to happen when the OWB is filling in the Sponsored Ads section on the right side of the main webpage.
Since I get different ads than you, it seem I only get german ones, I can't reproduce it. Please put a crashlog on http://crashlog.os4depot.net/

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)