Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: OWB 2.16 (2.17 up)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
joerg wrote:
@nbache

Since you don't specify any fonts on your homepage the default fonts of the browers are used, in OWB 2.16 I changed them from the MicroSoft core fonts to the DejaVu fonts included in AmigaOS 4.1. IMHO most pages look better that way, for example http://utilitybase.com/

Unfortunately I can't get it right using the AmigaOS font engine no matter what I try, if it wouldn't be unusable slow for users who have FONTS:_TrueType on a FFS partition I would switch back to libfreetype instead.

To get the same as in OWB <= 2.15 with your main page use the following [...]

Yeah, I could do one of those -- but I want the page to be as simple and non-intruding as possible, and have it usable also in IBrowse. So I prefer to not dictate things like fonts unless absolutely necessary, and also to avoid using CSS.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the default font having changed (although apparently IE and FF both use Times New Roman as their default font, so many visitors might expect that as the "least intruding" choice). It's the change in rendered size in OWB that puzzles me. I haven't made any exact measurements, but it really looks very much bigger than before (and also bigger than what is seen by default in one of the above mentioned browsers).

Is that what you are referring to above with "I can't get it right using the AmigaOS font engine"? Do the DejaVu fonts render bigger than they should under AmigaOS? If so, can't you just compensate by using a smaller pitch as the basis for calculating the final size to render? Or could I compensate myself with the XDPI/YDPI tooltypes? If so, what do I need to know about their function?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Yeah, I could do one of those -- but I want the page to be as simple and non-intruding as possible, and have it usable also in IBrowse. So I prefer to not dictate things like fonts unless absolutely necessary, and also to avoid using CSS.
If you use CSS for it there wont be any change in browser like AWeb and IBrowse which don't support it

Quote:
Is that what you are referring to above with "I can't get it right using the AmigaOS font engine"?
Yes.

Quote:
Do the DejaVu fonts render bigger than they should under AmigaOS? If so, can't you just compensate by using a smaller pitch as the basis for calculating the final size to render?
The problem is that it's different to other fonts, for example the core fonts, if I make it smaller to get the size of the DejaVu fonts similar to the font sizes other browsers use by default the core fonts get nearly unreadable in small sizes.

Quote:
Or could I compensate myself with the XDPI/YDPI tooltypes?
No, they change all fonts as well.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg
Thanks for your reply.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

@Framiga
Quote:
it doesn't starts here with CGX4 (AmigaOS3.9BB2)

It looks for Picasso96API.library
As written in the readme it requires Picasso96. For CGX users installing http://aminet.net/package/driver/video/P96Emu should work.

thank you! it works now.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
By accident, I just noticed that if I press ALT+F4, I zoom in,
and with ALT+F3 I zoom out.

I presume it's the original shortcuts for these functions.

Interesting...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kotler

Correct.

Regards,
? ? ? ? JCC

Go to top

Register To Post