Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 120

davec555, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amigans.net Featured Donations for October 2008
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
October 2008

Well, after discussion we decided to keep it going,
So, once again, its that time once more to show how much you appreciate all those guys and gals who keep AmigaOS4 alive by devoting their talent and time in bringing you something to use on your favourite OS, be it a webportal, an application, a game, a utility an icon, whatever.

As per normal, all we are asking you to contribute is a minimum of ?5 Euro's, depending on what you can afford for each cause.

Our two featured Donations for this month are:-

Resized Image Hans de Ruiter has contributed vastly to the Amiga OS4 effort, his most recent efforts include a RadeonHD Driver and MINI GL which for one man is a fantastic achievement. Please Donate to Hans if you can!

Resized Image The Frieden Boys, Nuff Said. Go Donate.

September 2008

Resized ImageKen Lester Jr, A very talented man who, alongside Mason, has Given Amiga OS the visual identity we have come to recognise. Whether you need an icon for AmigaOS4, or UAE, or even for a web portal, Ken has been here for the community providing us with eye candy for absolutely nothing. Please show your appreciation to a really nice man, give him a donation as a thank you.

Resized ImageThe man behind, Unsatisfactory Software, which has brought us Wet Weather for the Amiga and other utilities, but now, much more important, he brings us NETSURF the new, lightweight, compact Web Browser for the Amiga. Please, if you can, donate to this man too! - Thanks!

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Re: Amigans.net Featured Donations for October 2008
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks to those who have already donated. It's greatly appreciated and will come in handy later on when I buy a new monitor (I will need a DVI monitor later on in order to test the RadeonHD driver's DVI output).

I also think that I should point out that everything on the FriedenHQ site is done in their spare time, i.e., this it's all above and beyond what they already do as OS 4.x developers.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
There's a lot of love in this room!
When I get some spare cash (soon), I shall donate.

Regards,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey

I have an idea that might make people donate.
It will also help the Amiga community grow.

The thing is, in a few months there won't be any devs left to donate to. As there's so few of them. We need more devs!

Now that hardware is available, we need more developers,
not a few devs with fat wallets, that will only make them lazy. ;)

So, here's my suggestion. You start to raise money to by a SAM FLEX. When you have enough cash to buy a flex, developers has to boost or prove themselves worthy by showing things they have done in the past, or generally convice the crowd that they should get the board.
Ofcourse they shouldn't already have OS4 compatible HW.
This way we would slowly get a few more developers.
A poll could decide who to finally send the SAM board to.

When the money is raised to buy the firs SAM-Flex donations for the next one could start.

I think this is a fun idea. We will see who's hungry for a SAM and we will get to hear what they plan to use it for, and finally see their product slowly come to life.

The SAM isn't supposed to be all THAT expensive, we won't raise enough cash to buy a SAM every month, but that is not needed. Once in a while a happy developer will be able to adopt a Sam anyway, be it once every 6:th month or once every second month, it doesn't matter.

Opinions?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

I like the idea. Sounds fun.
Not sure how many if any who'd be given one though!

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Hey, what's wrong with me having a fat wallet?

It's an interesting idea, and I'd love to see more developers with OS 4.x hardware. One draw-back is that SAM440 boards are expensive. If everyone donated say 10 Euro each, we'd need 60 donations per developer. I have no idea how many donations people past people have received, but increasing the number of developers this way could take a while.

Maybe it might be an idea to subsidize SAM 440 boards for developers, but still have them pay part of the cost. Several people have said that they'd be interested in the SAM 440 if it were $300 US (or whatever other number they pulled out of a hat) so subsidizing a percentage of the cost might help bring more people on board.

BTW, how many people know developers that would be interested in developing for OS 4.x if they had the hardware?

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:

spotUP wrote:
So, here's my suggestion. You start to raise money to by a SAM FLEX. When you have enough cash to buy a flex, developers has to boost or prove themselves worthy by showing things they have done in the past, or generally convice the crowd that they should get the board.

Ok, having one of those boards would enable me to test my RadeonHD driver on multiple cards, without having to switch off, open the machine, and swap cards. Talk about increased productivity.

Quote:
Of course they shouldn't already have OS4 compatible HW.

Doh!

Hans

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
BUMP

Please donate if you haven't done so already to these two fineworthy Amiga developers

Thanks.

Mikey C

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@All

*Bump* Last chance to Donate to Hans and the Friedens. New nominations will be held on Friday.

Mikey C

Go to top

Register To Post