Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Donations status
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've just made myself feel a lot better by donating to a couple of the suggested - and talented - people on the list. (Hans and Chris - if you're curious)

But I must admit that I am not really donating as much as I should... and it's a bit sad because I really think that this monthly donations scheme by Amigans.net is an excellent way to raise awareness.

Now, I am interested to know if it works? Can the suggested coders really tell the difference?

Perhaps Mikey has some insight?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: Donations status
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Skov

I have plenty of insight and thank you for raising it

It seems some coders/developers/gfx artists/ etc attract more than others by the looks of it, on average though, it seems to run between 7 to 10 donations per featured nominee each month, although, one did get 15 once.

Given that we have over 850 members and that, granted not all of the accounts are active, there could be a few more donations by individuals every month.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Skov
Quote:
Now, I am interested to know if it works? Can the suggested coders really tell the difference?

Yes.

I received several donations as a result of being 'featured'.

The only other time I received any donations was when Mikey suggested it last November.

There are a few Amigans who are VERY generous, but I think it's difficult for most of them to donate to EVERY dev out there.

It's not really about the money anyway (although that's nice too!) -- it's about encouragment. It's nice to know that your work is appreciated.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Thanks for the information!

7-10 donations isn't really that much but still if people give at LEAST five euros it's still a nice encouragement.

But we could probably do a bit better. I will try to donate with a bit more consistancy in the future!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@klesterjr

Quote:

It's not really about the money anyway (although that's nice too!) -- it's about encouragment. It's nice to know that your work is appreciated.

Worked for me Pal, your new Hard Drive Icons were a plus! Thank you

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

Mikey_C wrote:
@Skov

I have plenty of insight and thank you for raising it

It seems some coders/developers/gfx artists/ etc attract more than others by the looks of it, on average though, it seems to run between 7 to 10 donations per featured nominee each month, although, one did get 15 once.

Given that we have over 850 members and that, granted not all of the accounts are active, there could be a few more donations by individuals every month.

Granted, although I think you will find that a lot of people are really struggling right now financially (I know I am, my electricity bill for one is over ?125 per month). That coupled with new OS4 capable hardware and people saving/spening on that, it may affect things somewhat. On the flip side, if there are more users there is a bigger pool from which donations could potentially be made.

I agree that these developers deserve our support, and the moment funds become available I will be making more donations.

Cheers,
Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skov

Quote:

Skov wrote:

Yes, there are more donations while you're featured, so it does work. It also "works" in the sense that it motivates people like me to keep going if someone else likes my work enough to put some money on it.

Hans

P.S. thanks to all who have donated. It'll most likely be going toward a new DVI monitor so that I can get my RadeonHD driver working with DVI monitors too (only tested with VGA so far).

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rudei

I realise that times are hard for many of us... And of course, there are much more important things than donating.

I just felt that I could do a bit more and I wanted to know if the monthly donations from Amigans made a difference.

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@klesterjr
Well said!

@all who donated
Thank you again for your donations, they will be used for a purchase of OS4.1 at MAG BASH this weekend (if Amigakit have any left by the time I get there)

@Rudei
You might want to change your supplier mate - that's twice my gas+electricity combined.

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skov

I really need to get me a paypal acount so i can donate when i have some money. Thought about this for a time,but things take ALOT of time.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Yeah, I know that... Something you really want to get something done, but you never seem to get around to it...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:
@klesterjr
Well said!

@all who donated
Thank you again for your donations, they will be used for a purchase of OS4.1 at MAG BASH this weekend (if Amigakit have any left by the time I get there)

@Rudei
You might want to change your supplier mate - that's twice my gas+electricity combined.

Chris

Be the same with any supplier.

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top

Register To Post