Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 - software problems.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ShInKurO

NewsCoaster (v1.63 AmigaOS4) works here on AmigaOS 4.1. The same NewsCoaster from my old AmigaOS 4.0 install.
Edit: Errrm, not quite. Opening message crashes the whole AmigaOS 4.1!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Eastern sadly doesn't work with 4.1.
I've set the start priority to -1 to make it start after DefIcons (pri 0) but it still wont make thumbnail images for me .
Anyone else tried this wonderful app with 4.1?
Did a clean install btw.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@drHirudo
Quote:

Edit: Errrm, not quite. Opening message crashes the whole AmigaOS 4.1!

That's exactly what I refer...

@ Monoxyde

Quote:

Eastern sadly doesn't work with 4.1.

It's not correct, it works in very FEW cases...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
It's not correct, it works in very FEW cases...

Darn, then I'm in the MANY cases group
I'll contact Stephan to alert him 'bout the problem.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm having problems with several Internet applications. Dialer is acting strangely. If I have been online and accessing WEB pages for more than about 10 minutes, selecting "Disconnect" in the Dialer window has no effect for about 20 seconds. After about 20-30 seconds my modem disconnects but the Dialer window remains open. It should disconnect immediately, execute a script that plays a "shutdown" notification sound and close the window. The Dialer window will iconify/deiconify but can't be closed.

I was attempting to upload some files to my WEB space with AmiFTP but could not upload files larger than about 25k. AmiFTP just stopped and did nothing. I was trying to upload some images for links in the AW.net thread "My impression of Amiga OS 4.1" to show Rogue what is happening in IBrowse with compositing on my ?A1. When I booted with OS4.0 (using an OS4.0 boot CD) both Dialer and AmiFTP worked normally.
I attempted to upload images using AmiFTP with OS 4.1 several times to confirm that the problem was reproduceable.

The Dialer disconnect problem can be reproduced immediately if I attempt to send a large file with AmiFTP, abort the upload after AmiFTP stops, wait for AmiFTP to display an error requester and then select "Disconnect" in the Dialer window. It will take about 20 secs for the Modem to disconnect and the Dialer window then won't close.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have encountered a new 4.1 problem; can a betatester verify and get in a bug report if needed please.

Start mplayer showing a video, and use the resize drag gadget in the lower-left to resize it narrow so the horizontal size goes to zero width -- it will lock up all graphics. I couldn't find another application that would let you resize the window to 0 width because of some contents, but I suspect it's a layers or intuition problem and not just mplayer. It doesn't happen on 4.0 just 4.1. Anyone else ?

Scott Woodall

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Adding/removing modes from the monitor tooltypes completely changes the IDs of the other modes - this fools the applications that store mode IDs in their settings, including the screenmode preferences!

F.ex.:

MODE=320x256x8,32@60
MODE=640x480x8,32@60
MODE=1280x768x8,32@60 -> ID: 0x50021300

MODE=320x256x8,32@60
MODE=320x300x32@60
MODE=640x480x8,32@60
MODE=1280x768x8,32@60 -> ID: 0x50031300

saimo

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@saimo

Quote:

Adding/removing modes from the monitor tooltypes completely changes the IDs of the other modes - this fools the applications that store mode IDs in their settings, including the screenmode preferences!

This problem is not unique to OS4.1. Just add new modes to the end of the list and you won't have this problem anymore.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Monoxyde

Good news regarding Eastern. The author has uploaded a new version to OS4Depot. It works fine on 4.1 now (at least on my system).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
This problem is not unique to OS4.1.

Well, it did not happen on 4.0 - not on my system, at least.

Quote:
Just add new modes to the end of the list and you won't have this problem anymore.

OK, but this is just a workaround. I hope developers will fix the problem.

saimo

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@saimo

Quote:

saimo wrote:
@salass00

Quote:
This problem is not unique to OS4.1.

Well, it did not happen on 4.0 - not on my system, at least.

Then you were not using the latest OS 4.0, this is there since we can use Monitor icon to control the modes, instead of PicassoMode...

Quote:
Quote:
Just add new modes to the end of the list and you won't have this problem anymore.

OK, but this is just a workaround. I hope developers will fix the problem.

How would you want it to be done ? Using the tooltype way of configuring the devs should assign a unique screenID to each of the screen mode listed in your icon, they do it by using the range of the mode in the icon.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:
Then you were not using the latest OS 4.0, this is there since we can use Monitor icon to control the modes, instead of PicassoMode...

I was definitely using the latest public version of AOS 4.0. If I get a chance, later I'll reinstall it to make sure it's not just my memory failing me.

Quote:
How would you want it to be done ? Using the tooltype way of configuring the devs should assign a unique screenID to each of the screen mode listed in your icon, they do it by using the range of the mode in the icon.

Including a mode index in the ID is completely useless, as what characterizes modes are their properties - in other words, only properties (sizes, depths, frequencies) are strictly needed to describe the mode. The index only helps distinguishing between identical modes specified more than once: but even in that unlikely case, there would be no problem, as the system would be able to detect the duplication right from the start - and even if duplication weren't taken care of, things would just naturally work anyway.

saimo

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
I'm having problems with several Internet applications.

I'm replying to myself because I have resolved my problems with Dialer/AmiFTP. As usual it was the a1serial.device causing the problems. No a1serial.device since OS4 pre3 has worked properly with my ?A1. I reported the problem over and over and even ranted a little but to no good end. I don't think anyone is testing a1serial.device with a ?A1 on a dialup connection. The main symptom is always the same: large files can't be uploaded and large attachments can't be sent with an email using YAM. I've reverted to a1serial.device v51.11 (12/26/2005) and all is well now with Dialer/AmiFTP.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If I check the small icons in the prefs/Workbench/text mode, I get a grim reaper from c:iprefs at startup. Unchecking it, everything is well

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

Did you try what I suggested you in response to your previous post (see my previous post) ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

> Did you try what I suggested you in response
> to your previous post

I did better : I copied the prefs from the CD in place of my prefs (I had a backup). The problem was still there. So samll icons are NO NO for me

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

Can you try booting on the OS4.1 CD and see if small icons are working in text mode ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@abalaban

no because the GR appears at re-booting time. I have to save the prefs and then reboot. If I only do a "use", everything is ok

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Can anyone get E-UAE to run on OS4.1?

Mine crashes everytime... First it gives a DSI-error and then - after pressing ignore - an ISI-error...

I've tried increasing the stack to over 500000...

What to try next, guys?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skov

Quote:
Can anyone get E-UAE to run on OS4.1?

It worked out of the box here (from the old installation I mean). I played SlamTilt on EUAE (on 4.1) one night.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »