Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Your avatar!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Helge wrote:

Ok, I will start. My avatar is not difficult to recognise I think. It shows Lorraine, the first Amiga prototype which was demonstrated in 1984. I am still amazed how this thing worked.

Hi Helge,

I'm still amazed by how "Amiga" works, and mine (avatar) is the last (??? ), yet to be, prototype that NEEDS to be created!!!!

Quote:
Helge wrote:

Why have I chosen it, do I really need to explain? I have warm feelings for the good old past and the Amiga dream as it was back in the day when it all started. Sometimes I wish that more of this dream would be saved and kept during the current times that are dominated by lawsuits, lawyers, disappointments and unfulfilled promises.

Truely, truely tragic the state we're in, knowing how it COULD be, and just dream on my friend, an Amiga PA Semi G5 dual core built INTO a 42 inch Plasma television* ..................

Hi Chris,

Wow, did I ever NOT understand that avatar.

I thought that skunk was flying/hovering and casting some magic spell (snowball attack?) toward the lower left direction!

* With enough financing, how easy would that be to do? You tell me!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Jack

Battlebread! Of course. Okay, one more to get glasses, I thought it was a battleaxe. You often see what you expect to see.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Buster Keaton (link), silent film star, comedy king. Also nicknamed "Ol dead pan"

For those not familiar or non native english speakers, "dead pan" refers to the lack of emotional facial expression. No matter how crazy or bad things got for Buster, he always wore the same face, solved the problem and made the audience laugh. (Fitting for my stay in Amigaland)

Watch one of his old films from the 1920's. Being silent films, no english necessary.

Good examples...
"The General"
"College"
"The Goat"

Plaz

edit: wrong title for #2

Edited by Plaz on 2007/12/1 1:36:01
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Plaz

HE wuz good for sure but I preferred Abbott & Costello or the later reincarnation Bud Spencer & Terence Hill

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Plaz

Surely Harold Lloyd was just as good as him.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Outcast

bud spencer is really cool. I have some of those films on dvd. Love that guy.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C & @Outcast

Sure those guys were great too. I loved abbot and costello. But I'm talking silents films here years and years before A&C. I liked Harold too, just not quite as much. Every one has their favorites. But if you've never seen Buster (He seems to be a bit forgotten among the other stars) and you've liked other silents, you should check out a couple of the ones I've mentioned. I was always wowed by his athletic comedy.

Jackie Chan, self-confessed fan of Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd said... "The stunts that Buster Keaton did were amazing, especially for that time: no safety, no nothing." Empire Magazine UK interview 1997.

From Wikipedia...

"Harold Lloyd ranks alongside Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton as one of the most popular and influential film comedians of the silent film era."

These guys enfluenced every era to follow actually. The way Buster keeps that stone serious face in any situation while pulling of dangerous stunts, makes him my fav.

Do your self a favor, turn the sound off for this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlkdtS8OFlA

And if you have time, turn the sound back on for this one.... Buster was never known as a romantic character, so this one was kinda cool and amusing when I saw it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qQ6oXB1VyY

Plaz

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)