- an Killer App that works better and exists only on AmigaOS4 platform like NewTek Video toaster / LightWave 3D that revolutionized the industry in its day or like Using natively Ram as Harddrive from the Amiga beginning. :)
I would love to see a native version of TwinVNC. The version I’m currently using on OS4.1 dates back to 2007... The file transfer feature is still missing, and the speed over the home network could also be improved. I can control my PC from the X5000, but it would be great if everything ran a bit faster ;)
- An updated version of E-UAE based/merged on latest WinUAE 6.x source code - LibreOffice port - Some more love to Java --> https://github.com/derfsss/java-os4 - Some more love to Qt6 - A port of Cerberus X (a programming language based on monkeyX)
I don't know if this is beyond the scope of what you were looking for, but OS4 should really have a system-wide implementation of UTF-8 encoding for text.
Once Afxgroup releases his new kernel would you work on a Mac Mini flavour? I think many users still dream about "Moana".
The libraries you list are already opensource (AROS or MorphOS), and on 68k AROS can use p96 drivers directly so even if It's not optimal It could allow doing some tests.
It certainly could help to sell more AmigaOS4 copies (even if those copies are for Sam460, Peg2 or something like that and the user has to run some script to modify the ISO and add the new drivers). I guess that people would contribute to a bounty or patreon too.
- CD/DVD software for burning and creating .iso images - Libre Office - VLC media player - flight simulators :) That’s what I’m missing – for example, Strike Commander, Apache Longbow (1995), F-22 Lightning 3.
Thanks
Edited by DanN on 2026/10/8 3:25:08 Edited by DanN on 2026/10/8 3:25:59 Edited by DanN on 2026/10/8 3:33:23 Edited by DanN on 2026/10/8 3:40:09 Edited by DanN on 2026/10/8 3:40:33
Once Afxgroup releases his new kernel would you work on a Mac Mini flavour? I think many users still dream about "Moana".
I can't work on anything kernel, or OS4 in general, related because of the NDA I singed and since I had access to the complete OS4 sources. Moana was never in the OS4 sources BTW, that was something done by a single OS4 developer, without permissions from anyone involved. OTOH since Hyperion still sells (software based on) pirate copies of my software, both in AmigaOS 4.1 FE/PPC and any updates of it, as well as in AmigaOS 3.1.x/3.2 m68k, I might ignore that some day as well, just like Hyperion ignores any contracts and licences ...
I don't know what CDFileSystem resource is. It didn't exists in my AmigaOS 4.x port of CDFileSystem, which can't be used by Hyperion any more. Quote:
'cos with new beta CDFS doesn't worlk
Maybe it's a backport of the AmigaOS 3.2/m68k CDFileSystem (unlike the 3.1.x one not based on Costel's illegally distributed copies of my sources)? I don't know anything about that. AmiDVD doesn't use nor need anything from any CDFileSystem, it's completely independent code and should work with any AmigaOS ISO9660 FileSystem, not only the CDTV/CD³² based CDFileSystem used in AmigaOS 3.1/4.0 but the CacheCDFS used in AmigaOS 3.5/3.9, and any other one like AmiCDFS, AmiCDROM, etc., as well. The versions of AmiDVD included in Hyperion's AmigaOS 4.1 FE and update releases without permission intentionally doesn't work, you need the AmiDVD version from Enhancer Software instead.
Or use something completely different instead, AFAIK FryingPan is open source now.