Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Support us!

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 fatal failure
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smf

OK but on the Kicklayout or what? I really need your help

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

don't the X5000 come with a step by step guide on how to prepare partitions and install os4.1, the guide that was included in 460ex was really good and if followed it exactly it was no issues at all.. i remembered i first was little scared at first.. but the install guide was so good.. very good ACUBE:)

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@noXLar

OK thank you

But I will go on my way and I will install AmigaOS 4.1 from my pendrive to DH0: volume!!! When I want or have a good space of time

I see no other solution

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
First check that your pendrive's Kickstart folder contains
SmartFileSystem
It probably does, but check first.

If it does, open Kickstart/kicklayout in Notepad.

Somewhere near the top should be a block of all the filesystems that are loaded during boot:

MODULE Kickstart/FastFileSystem
MODULE Kickstart/CDFileSystem
MODULE Kickstart/NGFileSystem

Add this line:

MODULE Kickstart/SmartFileSystem

underneath them. Save it and reboot from the pendrive.

Hopefully, when you now boot off the pendrive, it will load SFS and you will see your SFS boot partition. Then you can repeat the process to your DH0:Kickstart.

Depending upon your uboot variables, your Amiga might start to boot off the pendrive, and then switch to DH0:, which could cause problems. If that happens, we can look at your uboot variables.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Also I have an idea. Before you re-install. Boot Kickstart off the HDD.

When it is ready to boot Workbench insert your pen drive so it boots off that! Yes, Kickstart loaded off HD, Workbench loaded off USB.

It may even be as easy as plugging your pendrive in then restarting the X5000. So it loads off HDD then when AmigaDOS launches it detects and boots off USB.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

I apreciate yor idea but my pendrive doesn't load automatically,so I must plug on the Kickstart screen in order to boot.

I will check the SFS line on my pendrive on Workbench as said this forum's user that I don't remember his name

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Cheched and the line with SFS inside it is on the Kicklayout

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

OK, that's very odd. You have SmartFileSystem in you Kickstart folder, and you have the module loading in Kicklayout, but it is not loading.

(Otherwise, when you enter "version SmartFileSystem full" it would return the version of SFS loaded into memory, as smf pointed out).

Can you please open a shell and enter the command
nvgetvar

Let's try and diagnose what your uboot envars are doing.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

That's usually the beauty of it. You usually don't need to do a thing. As it can be picked up.

It may be because the boot priority of the pendrive is too low or on default 0. It really should be on 5 or higher like for floppy. You could change it but you can work around it.

In that case just boot off HDD until it's loading Kickstart. Then hold down both mouse buttons for boot menu. Best to leave pendrive in so it's detected before menu displays.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

Only to say that I will install AmigaOS 4.1 from my pendrive this evening,

Thank you and let's see if I have luck.

Only to say that I tried but the Workbench doesn't allow me to advance further on the format commend...what a a bad luck!!!

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2024/5/28 17:54:32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

If noone gives me a defitive solution I probabaly will change something on MediaToolBox and try to show the 3 SFS partitions (SFS/00,SFS/02 and SFS/02)
On Workbench.

The yesterday time I tried I cannot format any of these 3 partitions.

Hope at least to re-install Workbench/AmigaOS 4.1 and then all the rest

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I take it you have no space for another partition? If your HDD had any empty space you could at least create another volume to install too. Then at least you'd have a working WB to boot off before reinstalling.

In any case one final way to locate SmartFilesystem is to boot off pendrive, show all files, then open up Kickstart drawer. Sometimes it can be inside System if it follows a CD installer. Order by name and it should be there. If there get Info on file and press Version button. That should be easier.

A shame the dealer can't offer to send a replacement pendrive, even at cost, or a USB image to update it with.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Even if you boot from USB, the X5000 will use the boot details from a different partition if the "boot priority" of that partition is higher.

Boot from your USB, and check what the boot priority number is for all partitions, including the USB, and post them here.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs

Yeah derfs I know all my partitions can be shown of Early Startup Sequence but in reality it doesn't show any of them.

I don't really what to do on all these partitions to recover that includes demos,ISO movies and MAME with more than 6000 roms installed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@derfs

And I am in a difficult situation on the last months.I lost ACA 500 on 13th of April still being usable on this time not perfect,AmigaOS 4.1 and on the last weeks my C32 power unit was burnt without reason explanable.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Anyone

Guys, please, obviously something is wrong with the recovery drive. Everything I read about it, where it is produced by AmigaKit, says it includes latest drivers. Clearly this is not the case. Although it can boot it cannot detect any SFS partitions. Can someone just grab an image of a proper up to date recovery image send it across to Mame? PM is your friend guys.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Now I'm curious. What filesystem is the pendrive in? FFS would be most compatible but I wonder what it is. You can use MediaToolbox. Or Ctrl-Alt-M key combo on Workbench should bring up Mass Storage Commodity which will list USB filesystems.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hypex

Well, my initial thought was that his recovery drive had SFS drivers but SFS not enabled in Kickstart. I have a recovery USB from AmigaKit and it is set out like this as well.

I was then perplexed when he said he had both SFS drivers and the module enabled in Kickstart, but SFS still not present after boot. I would suspect that a combination of uboot parameters (specifically os4_bootdevice) and the recovery drive boot priority might be causing problems.

He might need to copy the SFS driver from Enhancer onto the recovery drive.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@daveyw

It could just be a standard SFS as included on install CD. But one that is incompatible with X5000 as smf pointed out as being unsupported.

Even so, Kickstart can still boot off HDD, that had booted WB. So, SFS should still be available and loadable. Just by letting Kickstart load off HDD and selecting USB drive from boot menu. But of course, AmigaDOS would need to pick up USB drive for this to work. I should test if that actually works but I don't know if that works on an X5000.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
here is link for how to use usb rescue

http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php/X5000_Emergency_Boot_USB

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »