Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

Raziel, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOne X5K Video Tests - from HD7750 to RX580
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I hope you enjoy this video doing some tests before upgrading to a new video card.

Before Tests on a Radeon HD7750
After Tests on a Radeon RX580

Can I play beyond 480p/maybe 720p that my HD7750 offered me?

Come and see. hehe

TJ

Go to top
Re: AmigaOne X5K Video Tests - from HD7750 to RX580
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaSociety
Quote:
I hope you enjoy this video doing some tests before upgrading to a new video card.

Hi TJ, Nice video as always. The reason you HD7750 was limited to 60fps is because VSYNC was enabled so it will only go as fast as your refresh rate. If you use the VSYNC menu and set it to disable you'll get the true framerate for your graphics card. For example, on my HD7750 care in my X1000, the default shader does 75Hz with VSYNC enabled but 160Hz with VSYNC disabled. The screen refresh rate on my system is 75Hz. But your video did a nice job of comparing the HD7750 vs/ tej RX580. I have an RX560 card for my X1000 but haven't been brave enough to do the hacks to install it in my X1000.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Cool to know about that setting for shaderjoy. Was the 1st time I even used it. lol

Thanks for watching the video.

To

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok, wrote as youtube comment but maybe it is also good here:

"Hi TJ, thanks for using our Emotion video player ;) A 4k video runs in your 1440p resolution. It takes your workbench resolution and scales the video up/down to this in fullscreen (it is technical a borderless window mode). The reason is, because it can switch instantly without monitor resolution switches. But you can set a DisplayID in the tooltypes of Emotion (first line: you get the ID for your target resolution in screenmode prefs). But i would prefer the current way for the better switch times but for a test it would help. Beside this: Frank, the coder, is working on an update and we hop to get it released soon. Like you, we are back in OS4 world and try to spend more time on it. Maybe you have to try some games for your RX580 next year (we have to solve some problems we currently cannot reproduce, some crashes on the one X5000 and not on the other... we will see how to fix it) ;)"

Regards and thanks for your videos!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaSociety

Nice vid!

You should also check out your "Power" pref. This preference tool allows you to switch the card between high and low power mode. High Power means more performance.

My setting is saved to High power mode. But for some reason, it fails to apply High power mode after a reboot.
Kas1e came up with a fix by forcing the Power pref to run once after reboot with adding the following line to the the user-startup:
Make sure that RX power mode is always applied on a boot 
Run 
>NIL: *>NILsys:Prefs/Power QUIET

It looks like your power pref is set a low.
I can run the same voxel edges at 120-200 fps in the preview window (vsync disabled). And about 20pfs fullscreen

My personal favourite shader is multipass->Full screen radial blurr. This one runs at ~80fps in full screen mode.

Edited by geennaam on 2023/12/3 10:13:52
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Quote:
Maybe you have to try some games for your RX580 next year (we have to solve some problems we currently cannot reproduce, some crashes on the one X5000 and not on the other... we will see how to fix it) ;)"

Any idea which driver and kernel versions are used on the X5000 with these crashes? The X5000 has a larger cache-line size to most other PPC CPUs, and the kernel originally configured the cache hint instructions (e.g., dcbz) to act on the whole cache line instead of the old cache line size of 32-bytes. Needless to say, clearing too many bytes can cause trouble...

IIRC, the X1000 also has a larger cache line, but it's set up to treat the old dcbz (and related) as if they operate on a 32-byte cache line. This ensures compatibility with older software that assumes a 32-byte cache line (which includes older driver versions).

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans:
Not yet. As we currently try to restart our Amiga work again, we maybe can give you the information soon.

Frank could make an archive of super star blast if it helps. But he also want to look deeper into it, so maybe there also are some problems in the software itself (next step is also to include a performance setting screen to check/uncheck some effects, maybe we also can get closer if it crashes after turning on or of a feature ;) )

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@imagodespira

Emotion is my go-to video player and I enjoy it. Looking forward to any updates that may come down the road.

TJ

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

I will check that out. Thanks for the tips!

TJ

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Good to see this working very well. My NG Amiga dream has been this.

Go to top

Register To Post