Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 160

Yodaphone, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Annoying problem on AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Amigans:

I have a strange and annoying problem on my AmigaOne X5000 with AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2.It probably comes some weeks or days ago.

When I load Workbench,the icons on Amidock freeze after clicking at first click on it and becomes very unusable.And if you try to open partitions impossible.All the system freezes and you usually musn't be able to do nothing.

On a positive vibe I can say that I used some days ago one day with the problem another perfect.And 2 days ago I used perfectly 2 days consecutive playing MAME and VICE without problems except sometimes some MAME roms.

If someone can say me something about this problem please say me.

Is very important. for me

Help me!!!

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2023/7/24 18:34:23
Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2023/9/14 12:07:13
Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2023/9/14 17:29:49
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Annoying problem on AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1Quote:
MamePPCA1 wrote:Hi Amigans:

I have a strange and annoying problem on my AmigaOne X5000 with AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2.It probably comes some weeks or days ago.

When I load Workbench,the icons on Amidock freeze after clicking at first click on it and becomes very unusable.And if you try to open partitions impossible.All the system freezes and you usually musn't be able to do nothing.

This sounds like a hardware problem, maybe you should check your memory or hard disk for errors.

You may also want to look at your circuit board and check if the video card and memory are properly seated in the slot.

I used to have an AmigaOneXe about 20 years ago with similar problems, I built the system myself.

I also had this problem until I examined the hardware and its slots, often it helped to remove the memory completely and put it back into the slot, exactly the same with the graphics card.

Notice:It is only a guess and does not have to be true, of course.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I am using Morphos 3,18 now without problems.

Why I have these problems on AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2?

Hope to solve this soon.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I am assuming that your AmigaOne X5000 is a dual boot system, where you can use AmigaOS4 or MorphOS.

If you use two hard drives, one for AmigaOS4 and the other for MorphOS, I would say there is a problem with your OS4 hard drive. Errors or some form of corruption. Or maybe a loose power cable or loose sata cable.

Maybe someone familiar with this kind of system can help if there are other possibilities.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox
No matter if he is using 2 drives, one for each OS, or a single drive with different partitions for each OS: Make sure you never write anything from MorphOS to an AmigaOS SFS partition, nor from AmigaOS to a MorphOS SFS partition. The different SFS ports are not compatible. Read-only access should be no problem, but for data transfers between the 2 OSes use a FFS partition instead, FFS2 is the same on both.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Could it be that one (or more) of your harddisk partitions are validating, and therefore are blocked?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

please, what exactly the SFS compatibility problem is?

I am using om my Pegasos 2 SFS on MorphOS and SFS2 on AmigaOS for many years. I am also freely copying files from one partition to another, under both systems with no errors.

Is this incompatibility statement only to be sure, because nobody tested and tracked versions, or are there some exact situations where it not works and crashes?

many thanks

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sailor
Quote:
or are there some exact situations where it not works and crashes?
I doubt it crashes, but mixing incompatible SFS versions will destroy data on the partition.
That's not just limited to the AmigaOS 3.x/m68k <= 1.84, AROS and MorphOS versions of SFS, which can only destroy data some in some very rare cases, but especially the (last time I checked it, about 15 years ago) utterly broken Linux reimplementation of SFS which, unlike all other versions, isn't based on the SFS 1.84 sources and nearly always destroyed data on SFS partitions when using it with write-access.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today I played 10 MAME roms without problems.Then after dinner the problem remains.

And I am using a triple boot system consisting of AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2,Morphos 3.18 and Fienix

Don't know why this problem still happens

I will try now if not maybe I will go Morphos

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ah! Another problem that I have on my AmigaOne X5000 is that I have to press the power button 2 times to power on the machine

Why this?

Since I received from Amedia France on Tuesday 22 of June 2021

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor&all

Finally after some failures I connected my AmigaOS 4.1 pendrive brought to me by
Amedia France and it boots 2 times!!!

At this point is it recomendable to delete my AmigaOS4.1 partitions content and then copy USB content inside the AmigaOS4.1 partition?

Thanks

I will play MAME later again!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Great news!!! I finally restored my AmigaOne X5000 and now it works as it should again!!!

I noticed a SATA HD error on Workbench on FIENIX-BOOT partition.

I pushed Fienix HD SATA cable on the HD after powewring off my tower with the back interruptor and now I can click again the icons without problem on Amidock or the partitions.

Hope this will last forever or at least for some long time.

Thanks to you all too

Happy AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 user again!!!

Great Amiga news!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:
MamePPCA1 wrote:@MamePPCA1

Great news!!! I finally restored my AmigaOne X5000 and now it works as it should again!!!

I noticed a SATA HD error on Workbench on FIENIX-BOOT partition.

I pushed Fienix HD SATA cable on the HD after powewring off my tower with the back interruptor and now I can click again the icons without problem on Amidock or the partitions.

Thanks for the feedback and the confirmation that I was right with my assumption.

Welcome back

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Re: Annoying problem on AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Thank you too and all too!!!

My AmigaOne X5000 generally rocks!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

Sorry to say but my AmigaOne X5000 gives the same error relating to not able to click Amidock icons or WB partitions.

Can anybody help me?

Yesterday I played about 20 MAME roms at the afternoon and later at night it gave
me the same annoying error whick with I cannot play MAME roms or games.

Thanks in advance

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just as a matter of interest, what happens if you use your X5000 for an extended period without using MAME? Do you still get the lock-up?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

I think yes because I played 10-20 roms on an hour or more and the problem persists.

And without playing MAME well I haven't tested yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Kast 2 days aproximately were fruitful but that's all

Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Not sure I understand your reply, but it sounds like your system was stable for 2 days without using MAME.

This could indicate that MAME is the issue, trashing memory and causing lock ups.

I suggest you contact the author and report the problem.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Out of curiosity do you have an issue with the clock as well? Does the clock stay updated when the system is off? I notice that I continue to have problems with the clock having to be corrected after every time I have shut it down.

And when this happens sometimes the system will not update and then will cause Amidock not to work and sometimes a full crash.

This behaviour seems to go away if I am able to set the time after starttup and it corrects the system time.

The issues seems to be related on my X5000.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »