Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: SuperMario64 port to OS4 anyone?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Although, for you, I am not sure why it does not work because doesn't Mednafen work on your machine? I build that with GL4ES.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Ok new internal beta works on older cards too
However still few things:

1) The config file will be created in Prefs?
Well, the shell output says ENVarc but in reality it will be created in SYS:Prefs ...
I suggest to use PROGDIR instead (the folder of the game)

2) Maybe adding a version string in binary as you did with Mednafen

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Yep Mednafen always worked fine... and now also this second beta of SM64 works!
So the problem is definively solved.

Probably you did a mistake in the first version you compiled, it only worked with newer cards but not on ancient one

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks @samo79.

Well, the version I sent you was a different build to my original.

The one that other people have been testing with was built with:
-lSDL2_gl4es

And, with a symlink of
include/GL

pointing to the GL4ES headers.

The one that I sent you was built with:
-lSDL2

And, with a symlink of
include/GL

pointing to the MiniGL headers.

===

As for mednafen. I always built it with full SDL2/GL4ES and yet it works for you. So, perhaps it is some function call in particular in SM64 that is causing an issue and which is not used in Mednafen.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

So in end you plan to release two different exe, one for older cards and one for the newer?
Or it still possibile to build a unique exe that could "auto-detect" gl4es/minigl ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Only if GL4ES is inserted into SDL2

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have uploaded two versions of the game.

1. GL4ES / ogles, for HD / RX
2. MiniGL / Warp3d, for older

They are currently in the "Uploads" section of Os4Depot.

You need to have the super mario 64 ROM in the same directory as the encrypted binary and run the decryption program to be able to decrypt the binary. At the moment, the ROM file needs to be in BE format, but I have made another change to the decryption program to automatically detect this and byte swap it if needed, but that will not be available until the next version.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

Thanks for porting!
would it be possible to have another language for the game?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
They have now been uploaded to Os4Depot, a new version is in the "Uploads" section with endianness of ROM handling. That is version 1.257 for each gl4es/minigl.

@sinisrus
Which language? I only own the US ROM and not legally any others, so that would be difficult.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I sent you a couple of private messages yesterday evening, did you received them?
Btw, found a new game ROM and tested again with the the new version on os4depot.. it works now!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Hey, I received one message yesterday. It seemed to be an endianness issue which I have since fixed in the released 1.257 version.

Though, I only realised afterwards that there was an annoying bug in the decryption program that makes the progress hang more than expected between 90% and 100%. That has since been fixed, but it is purely a cosmetic thing since it is only a bug in the output logging. But another update to it would probably start to annoy the Os4Depot maintainer!

I think there is now nothing else to do?

Edited by rjd324 on 2023/5/28 18:11:26
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you for this port, it works fine on my x5000/RX setup. But, it is to complicate for me to play it on keyboard :D

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
You said it worked with AmigaInput? I have to say, when I tried to move around with my controller that is configured on port0 I could not move using it.

I wonder why it is not using SDL input.

I never really looked into it yet.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Right, I think you mean that you can just use something like AmigaInputAnywhere to map controller buttons onto keys.

That would be the easiest thing to do.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

In my X5000 and Logitech F310, the controller works very well and the game is very comfortable. You do not even need to configure anything, because the corresponding pad buttons are immediately assigned.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Right. Well, I am using some cheap USB controller and I cannot move at all. Not sure why.

I am not sure if the controller code is actually working on this port, and perhaps you guys have configured AIA to map the controller to the keyboard?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

My Controller works directly, I did not use Amiga Input Anywhere. Maybe Your controller is not assigned to this base?

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8246

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
But my controller works with Mednafen so I am now confused.

@capehill
Do you have any insight?

===

gamecontrollerdb.txt, I do see this being read in SM64 code. Perhaps mednafen uses a different approach and the mappings can be done at runtime. Will have to browse the code at some point.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I use a PlayStation 2 joypad via an adapter and the game controls works via the pad stick.
The pad is among those compatible with the recent SDL2 for OS4

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

If you use the _debug version of SDL2 library, identified joysticks should be (serial) logged there. Joystick must be supported by AI, and usually it has to be plugged in before you start the game.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »