Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 »
Re: Updater tool: latest releases and updates
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amigakit
Quote:

Beta testing is not a quick process. Many of our beta testers test in their spare time between family life and events such as Christmas holidays can pause testing. We release something when it has passed the testing process.

You explain it like i do not know how it's going :) I beta test things for many developers/teams and i know how it's happens of course :) And when i say about “2 months” later, it was rhetorical piece of sarcasm, because once Hans release v2.12 , it was for particular issue, which we as beta testers test right in the same days and say “all fine”. Then, for next 2 months, it keeps collecting dust, and no single report were filled by anyone. There wasn't reasons to wait that long, and keep users with broken driver, so they were in needs to fall back to v2.8 instead.

It was a "quick-fix" for NO-GART hardware like Sam boards, which should be release immediately, as any other quick-fixes released when something is broken, but it wasn't.

But at least it's out for the wild, which is good.

Also, the thing which some of us many times point you out are AmiDVD : I wrote you about 5 mails, wrote in beta group, create a bug reports, where i explain that the Enhancer have the wrong version of AmiDVD included. Joerg by some unlucky create 2 different versions just with the same version numbers. Just the date differs. The one you include in the Enhancer are 1.53 (03/06/2022) and this one works wrong in some configs.

The correct version which works everywhere is 1.53 (03/12/2022). I.e., 6 days later. And Joeg (and me later) spam you with the link to correct version, but so far you didn't include it to betas of Enhancer, sadly.

Maybe my mails get lost or whatever, so just in case, i repeat it there, so you will be aware.

But please, don't say that it "works for you". The version from 03/06/2022 works on many setups, but not on all. The correct version is from 03/12/2022. So if you care about users, plz, update it to the later version.

Quote:

Updater tool is used by most users here on a weekly or even daily basis.

Not sure if there needs to praise things, the point of my question was of different subject. The point was : if there are any reasons to put an open source software to the Updater, while, it was released a month ago, and month ago everyone who need to download it do so from everywhere.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Voodoo

Quote:

Just installed RadeonRX Driver v2.12on my x5000 and on first it works fine, now I will do some testing. :)

V2.12 was just quick-fix, waiting too long to deal with issue Sam users have, because Sam users didn't have GART support because of broken cache coherence on Sam boards, and issue was exactly for the part of driver which handle "no GART" situations (i.e. SAM boards). .

For x1000 and x5000, it will work just the same as V2.11.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:@Voodoo

Quote:

Just installed RadeonRX Driver v2.12on my x5000 and on first it works fine, now I will do some testing. :)

V2.12 was just quick-fix, waiting too long to deal with issue Sam users have, because Sam users didn't have GART support because of broken cache coherence on Sam boards, and issue was exactly for the part of driver which handle "no GART" situations (i.e. SAM boards). .

For x1000 and x5000, it will work just the same as V2.11.

Ok, I did not know that. I did not read anything about version 2.12 I thought that there is something new for x5000 users.

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
The one you include in the Enhancer are 1.53 (03/06/2022)

While the version tag date is 03/06/2022, the file date on the one in Enhancer seems to be 03/06/1980- I'm not sure what happened there.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

AmiSSL v5.7

amigakit.com - the Amiga store
Links: www.amigakit.com | New Products | Enhancer Software
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks. I used AmiUpdate to update to AmiSSL v5.7

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

Dir v54.7

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

AmiSSL v5.11

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit
Just tried to download it via Updater and it tells me "Amissl is missing on the server".

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Please try downloading AmiSSL 5.11 again on Updater

Thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit
Works now, thanks.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Where do I find it?

I run Updater but it doesn't appear in the list

Dave

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@davec555
Quote:
Where do I find it?
I run Updater but it doesn't appear in the list

Did you look under the "Packages" tab?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd
Thankyou. I was looking under system with show updates (which makes sense, but now I know where to look).

Uwhy under Packages does it not list installed version versus remote version?

Thanks again.
Dave

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@davec555

Package section in Updater lists third party packages

The System tab contains the Enhancer Software system files.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

AmiSSL v5.12

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Quote:
amigakit wrote:Today the following public releases have been made available to download on Updater utility:

Thanks for providing the update via AmiUpdate, the updates were downloaded and installed successfully.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:

Thanks for providing the update via AmiUpdate, the updates were downloaded and installed successfully.

Don't be confused : AmiUpdate is Hyperion's tool for deliver updates, while Updater is the AEON's tool for deliver updates. The fact that both add the same package can be a bit misleading, of course, but that it.

In other words, the stuff in this topic are the one delivered via Updater, not via AmiUpdate (different apps, different gangs behind :) )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amigakit

I´ve bought a lot of software on AmiStore over the years,
but now I have 5 empty blanked out slots in my products page,
some show a serial number but I have no clue which software it belongs to.

And I can´t download either of em!?
I paid for them so fix it now,
latest version paid for should be on the server 4 ever if nothing else is said.

Right?

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:@Maijestro
Quote:

In other words, the stuff in this topic are the one delivered via Updater, not via AmiUpdate (different apps, different gangs behind :) )

he he yes you are of course right the updates were provided via both updater (Ehancer Software) and AmiUpdate, it is indeed a bit confusing. I assumed that both tools use the same update server. Thanks for the hint.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 »