Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Installation.utility is 53.12
Python is 53.35

I cant find the usbhid

I am assuming these are up-to-date. I would hope so since ACUBE sent me the SD card.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

I have a blinking cursor but I cannot type anything.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@amiganuts

If you can boot to WB you can use the NVSetVar command from a Shell instead.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

Nope. This is all I get with a blinking cursor at the bottom but hitting <enter>, esc, break, nothing happens. Do I need a specific setting besides
8,n,1
no flow?

U-Boot 2015.b (Dec 23 2022 - 13:11:28)

CPU: AMCC PowerPC 460EX Rev. B at 1140 MHz (PLB=228 OPB=114 EBC=114)
No Security/Kasumi support
Bootstrap Option H - Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x52)
Internal PCI arbiter enabled
32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board: Sam460, PCIe 4x + PCIe 1x
I2C: ready
DRAM: ddr2_boost disabled due previous failure
2 GiB (ECC not enabled, 456 MHz, CL4)
PCI: Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
00 04 1095 3114 0104 00
PCIE0: successfully set as root-complex
02 00 1102 0012 0403 ff
PCIE1: successfully set as root-complex
04 00 1002 6798 0300 ff
Net: ppc_4xx_eth0
removing ddr2_boost env var
FPGA: Revision 03 (2010-10-07)
SM502: not found
PERMD2:not found
VGA: 1
VESA: OK

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@m3x

I typed nvsetvar x86_emu 2 and rebooted. I still no uboot ACUBE screen. It booted into OS4.1. I did a nvgetvar x86_emu and it returned a value of 2.

Other suggestions?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok. I think I am finally there. Here were my issues:

1. Sil3112 card bad or incompatible causing HD checksum errors.
2. Sil3114 does not play well period and mine does not behave like the instructions say. It is suppose to be port 0 and port 2 for only 2 sata devices. Uboot would not recognize port 2 but OS4.1 would. For some reason only port 0 recognizes and the HD will boot from. In Uboot I had CD in port 0 and HD in port 2, then uboot would recognize both but once kickstart loaded, I got the purple screen with the boing ball saying insert OS.

3. ACUBE sent me a bad OS4.1 install on their SD card. Once I got the "checksum" and 3114 issue figured out, I was able to install from the CD OS4.1 without issue.

4. I don't know why you prefer the Sil3114? It seems very Mickey Mouse how the driver works. Unless, you can tell me what ports you have plugged in and how Uboot is configured because on mine the Docs are wrong.
For instance the docs say for sii3114ide_conf it goes ports 0123 (master0, slave0, master1, slave1) but mine goes ports 0213.

I don't know if it is a crap shoot of what 3114 card you get from China. I am thinking of buying a new one to see.

I finally got it to boot off the PNY SSD drive.

5. I was able to fix my x86_emu with nvgetvar and nvsetvar after I figured out how it worked and how to list uboot. For some reason it took both values of x86_emu 0 and 2. They were both in Uboot. Once I got rid of the x86_emu=0, my uboot screen came back.

6. Acube needs more documentation. The manual is very sparse. I still haven't figured out how to get the HD LED to work.

7. I have not tested the audio as of yet.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amiganuts

Newer model Sil3112 cards seem to have that problem .
Have one that exhibits the same kinds of issues.

Have 3 of a very old model that work well with standards hard drives. Using one in the Sam460ex and one in my X5000 also .

Have not been able to get my only SSD a (Samsung 250GB model) to work without errors on the Sam46ex with either the working sil3112's, a sil3114 or the sil3512 that came with the original Sam460ex (Both the sil3512 and sil3114 came from Acube).

The SSD does work with the X4000/40 on board sata an that is were I am using it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I tried standard HDD and Samsung 830 256Gb with 3114 and works fine with Sam I got. My 3114 has 4 ports. I'm using 2 first, two other don't work. Only issue I have is that my slim DVD drive is not detected after reboot.

HDD led is not working. I'm not sure why it's on the board at all. I don't care about HDD LED. I don't even have those in my PCs, but it's here so there was a reason for it 😉.

Beside those I don't have any issues.

BTW. can you check if your fan can work with 5V? Just keep case open to see if it's turning when you turn on computer.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

I first used the same PNY 500Gig SSD in my x5040 with onboard SATA. I have noticed it will hiccup every now and then with a checksum. I just click retry and it is ok.

I saw a thread on Hyperion from a guy that had the same issues as me with the 3114. He could never get port 1 to work. He has the CD on port 0 and HD on port 2 which is what the docs say to do but it seems for some reason mine the uboot won't see port 2 and 3 correctly but OS4.1 will. The only issue with that is I cannot boot from a CD but I can access the CD in OS4.1.

https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?t=2424

Currently, I have PNY 500Gig SSD on Port 0, CD port 2 and Seagate conventional 500Gig HD on port 3. I have been copying between them without issue.

Edited by amiganuts on 2023/1/25 5:29:38
Edited by amiganuts on 2023/1/25 5:31:36
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have everything up and running except I cannot get my RX550 to work. It works in my x5040 but not in the SAM460. I have installed Enhancer 2.1 and still nothing. Do I need 2.2 or is there a driver I need to download from Amistore?

Maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. On my X5040 with the Radeon R9 280 card, I had to get the warp drivers to make MiniGL to work. I could not see the Boing Ball screen saver.

I was told that the RX550 driver worked out of the box on the miniGL but it does not in my X5040. What driver will I need for that when I get it working in my SAM460 or is it the same RadeonHD/RX driver?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amiganuts
Minigl on RX cards didn't works "out of box", it needs additional package to buy named "Warp3D Nova Bridge". Then you will have both old Warp3D and MiniGL working on RX cards.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here is a very weird thing. After updating to Enhancer 2.1, the system no longer sees my R9 280 card as a Radeon 7900 but as an Radeon RX (unregistered). This seems to be causing MUI conflicts as the "arrow" pulldown on Odyssey and Ibrowse will lock up the machine.

If I removed the RadeonRX.chip and RadeonRX.chip.debug in Kickstart and only have the RadeonHD.chip and RadeonHD.chip.debug, it still says my card is an RadeonRX (unregistered).

When I copy the original RadeonHD.chip and RadeonHD.debug back from the install CD, it reads my board correctly as a Radeon 7900 and MUI pulldowns work just fine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have started from scratch. I think something is hosed in my system.

A word of CAUTION: The Sil3114 documentation found in the System drive says the following about formatting your HD:

Make sure to create your SFS partition this way:
- 500 buffers default is 600
- blocksize set to 512 default is 1024
- maxtransfer set to 7FFFFFFF default is 7FFFFFFF
- mask set to FFFFFFFE default is FFFFFFFE

Another thing I noticed is how to get the max resolution above 1024 x 768. It is on one of the last pages of the Install GUI that asks what is your max resolution.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Strange, I'm using 3114 and did not change anything, just used default settings in Hdtoolbox and it just works.

I got my new Noctua fan, nice and quite at 12V.

PS. How do you attach pictures here? Host outside or something?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I received my Sam460LE, so here's my two cents

My issues were mostly user errors..

But the one thing is the keyboard response in uboot
using a logitech k120 any keypress brings multi repeating keystrikes.
Same for my AmigaONE keyboard from my X5000.

I hope to find a fix and get back to just plain typing..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sacc-dude
Quote:

But the one thing is the keyboard response in uboot
using a logitech k120 any keypress brings multi repeating keystrikes.
Same for my AmigaONE keyboard from my X5000.

Didn't you use KVM switch ? With KVM, this kind of issues may happen.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

No, not using a KVM.
I used the usb rear/bottom ports for keyboards and mouse.

Using the AmigaKit AmigaOne usb kybd
and to further test I used my pc logitech K120 usb kybd

The kybd seems normal under OS4.1

I think uboot is the issue.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sacc-dude

U-Boot issue indeed .
Some keyboards work some don't .
I have some simple Microsoft and Kensington wired ones that work.
The A-Eon AmigaOne keyboard has the same issue.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Spectre660

It will not recognize my E-EON Amigaone keyboard either

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sacc-dude

My issues were mostly bad install SD from ACUBE and SIL3112.

Others, I think this board is possessed. After 4 days and starting from scratch 3 times, I finally got it stable and usable.

I am ready to bypass the HD and controller and go solely with an SD card if it acts up again.

One issue I have now is Odyssey when loading a website, Ibrowse, amigans, amiga.org, it slams the CPU at 100% for a minute or 2 and then drops.
Ibrowse 2.58 does not do this.

ACUBE,

What is the prefered Video Card? Since I have it stable now I have not tried my Biostar RX550. I am using the Radeon R9 280.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »