Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

LiveForIt, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: SpotLess debugger
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So, just to clarify, does the latest version need beta kernel? I downloaded a recent one a few weeks ago and it ran fine. Well it did actually work for me.

Things can progress fast in the OS4 world. Maybe adding a beta and keeping the current working one would be good. So anyone who downloads the latest stable doesn't need to be a beta developer.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hypex
It requered beta kernel on x5000, on other machines (such as x1000) it may works, just with some bugs (line hanging on exit or crash on tracing).

But ! As we all know your setup is mess of old and new components, not pure latest ones , then you can have all sort of other issues which no one have.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Yeah, but ktadd's point is it shouldn't be saying that it was an error. It's a normal situation, so it should just be an informational message (if shown at all).

I agree with Niels. This is not an error, although the basis of making the programmatic decision is made from an error return variable from IPrefsObjects->ReadPrefs(). From the users perspective this is not an error and should probably just be given as neutral information in the Console window.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@elfpipe
@elfpipe
First of all, thanks for working on Spotless.

I tried running it on an X1000 using the released kernel, so anything I say here can be ignored if that's the problem. Here are a couple inputs I have from running spotless on the included "test" program.

1. In the source code window I set a couple of break points and stepped through the program. I would expect the highlighted line to move to the currently, to be excuted line, as you step though. It
doesn't move at all on my system.

2. While stepping though, when I get to the end of the program the program seems to be unloaded from Spotless and I have to load it back in to do more debugging. Shoudn't the program remain loaded when you get to the end so you can continue debugging?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
I checked the "2" , and for me programm unloaded only when it reach end : i.e. i have put breakpoint on latest "}" , and hit start : it breaks there. And of course, hit the next "start" will then going futher and finish the execution and unload from.

I will check on x1000 tomorrow, maybe it act different , but the correct behaviour is that once you reach etc (by end, mean that you can't set any break point anywhere after), then it unloads because it ends. But latest "}" should works for breakpointing (at least on x5000 and latest kernel it is).

As for "1", yes, that there is bug indeed : it just stays on a place where you hit breakpoint: in other words, highlighing does not follow to the actuall breakpoint position, that sure bug.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
I checked the "2" , and for me programm unloaded only when it reach end :

Yes, that is the behaviour I'm seeing. What I would like it to do is not unload at the end and allow me to do a restart on the debugging. Kind of like an automatic break point at the end of the program and then be able to set new break points and "restart" the program from the beggining so continue debugging. Maybe a clear break points feature would be good as well. I think this is not as much of a bug as it is an enhancement request.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

1) This is a bug, that sneaked in during the last phase of development. I will do a fix - it is fairly easy - and do a patch release within a few days. Thanks for reporting!

2) This is the standard behavior for executables in AmigaOS. I am just using standard functions to load and run the application. In normal DOS mode, you also have to reload an app, when it has finished. There is no such thing as "keeping in memory", or "restart".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil, ktadd
Imho reloading can be done or via another button in gui, or via RMB menu like "reload the last binary". It will be of course just mimic the same load button just with remembered last path of the loaded binary and automaticaly take it and load, without asl request.

Another question of course if this feature worth of it.. Can be handy, especialy if there will be a shortcut for. Of course be it rmb menu or gui button this will be ghosted out until at least one binary loaded and finished properly.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@elfpipe

Sent you a PM

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e,alfkil
Quote:
Imho reloading can be done or via another button in gui,

Yes, a reload button would be great!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd
Yesterday there was a new version released that, among other little fixes, dealt with highlighting when we traced things. On my setup, everything works fine now.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Okay, lots of focus on X5000 these days. The last version was the only one I've tested that worked on my X1000. Previous ones were too unstable.

But, as you would know by now, I can't run the latest pure components because they freeze on my system.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hypex
Quote:

Okay, lots of focus on X5000 these days.

It's just that we test it mostly on X5000, and the issue with the kernel was only X5000-related, so that's the reason you need a non-public kernel to make it work on X5000. But that's only about X5000; other systems may behave correctly with the debugger with the latest public components; it's just that we didn't check on other hardware much (but I will do so in the future if Alfkil does not die of my bug reports).

But anyway, even on other systems, it means you should have the latest public components (including kernel, elf.library, and whatever was released in Update 2). With the old system you have now, your reports can be flawed and can't be considered because of that. But that's just my opinion as a beta tester; maybe Alfkil is interested in tinkering with the setups of non-up2date users :) )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)