Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Mednafen Port for AmigaOS4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In the next version I can also include a newlib build.

The SS (Sega Saturn) module requires 64 bit, so I noticed that this module has never been included. But, I did try to compile SS with 32 bit PPC and it does actually build. I tested a random ROM but it is very slow. The documentation even states that SS is in progress and requires a quad core processor. PSX also really requires a dual core and this is only just playable.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Even if slow Saturn will be pretty interesting to test :)
Btw did you understand why iconification gadget doesn't appear at startup?
Eventually I could open a report into the SDL tracker if you think it can be related to it

Sam440ep Flex 800Mhz 160GB HD + AmigaOS 4.1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I will include SS in the next build then as well as a newlib build that may bring up GR windows as before due to hacks necessary in the threading.

As for the minimize issue. I said before that I can reproduce it. There is a lot of code in mednafen. Ideally, I would create a minimal reproducible.

All I can say is that Mednafen does this:

window SDL_CreateWindow("Mednafen"winpos_xwinpos_y6464try_flags[i]);

where, for the relevant i:
try_flags[i] = SDL_WINDOW_HIDDEN SDL_WINDOW_OPENGL

If someone can try that and see what happens. Otherwise, I "may" get around to it eventually.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

As a simple test, a blank window that can be switchable to fullscreen and viceversa would be perfect

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

64*64 is too small. There is a limit that window must be at least 100*100 for iconification gadget to be added. I don't know what is the actual limit in the OS but if window is too small, it doesn't work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill

Just doubled it and it is now solved.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Great!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

The Italian documentation (README) will always be one version behind the English documentation. I am not sure how I feel about this, since otherwise I would have to rely on your input before updating a new version. If you are happy you can translate the following: "The Italian documentation is likely to be a revision behind the English documentation. You should also consult the English documentation".

@mufa

Thanks for the information wrt. a test-able ROM. I notice that CLIB2 on my X5020 does not seem to show any noticeable difference in terms of FPS CLIB2 1.186 version VS the previous 0.135 newlib version.

Perhaps I will upload a new version that will include:
1 - Fix to the minimise gadget (thank you Capehill)
2 - Inclusion of the SS module, despite it being ridiculously slow and requiring a quad core CPU
3 - Improvements to the English documentation which removes some redundant/false information and additions to other options to possibly improve performance.

If anyone is using 1.186 and seeing bad performance with PSX I would be interested to know because - for me - the PSX is playable. I did say before, though, that the X1000's performance is not so great at all.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Yes it's a good idea, i will add this on my current documentation.
For now if you send me the latest readme you are working on i can update my readme according to your latest changes

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)