Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

walkero, imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 17 »
Re: RadeonHD V.5 driver
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Can we expect better performances regarding video decoding with future versions of the Radeon HD Driver v5 or have we reached the maximum that is possible?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

I can't guarantee anything, sorry. For now, the performance is the best I could get. Someone confirmed that Southern Islands cards can play 1080p on Windows machines, so it's theoretically possible. The question is how?

Perhaps the video players need to use the hardware differently. Or, maybe the bottleneck that seems to limit performance overall is also responsible for RadeonHD v5 not delivering what was expected.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Indeed, SI cards can play 1080p videos : https://bluesky-soft.com/en/dxvac/deviceInfo/decoder/amd.html

Let's wait for new versions of Emotion and/or DvPlayer (or Mplayer?).

ATM GPU can't do much better than CPU (on X1000 I mean) but maybe it's a huge improvement for Sam460 owners.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

GART support is planned for sam460?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Hans im using the Radeon V5 on a fresh install of Os4.1 Final update 2 enhancer pack 2.2.

System is a Sam460cr

But sadly having lots of problems with the v5 driver with v3.7 having no problems just no HW Acceleration.

Problems are system freezes using Mui Based Software using drop down select buttons.

All games freeze the system on starting ie Spencer, mace, swamp defence shogo.

Emotion Freezes when trying to load a video does not matter whitch format it is in, Candi freezes as soon as you try to load a background.

Ihave tryd all diffrent setting composit on off, when turned on i have to turn synchronize with vertical refresh off otherwise system crashes on saving. and wont boot into to wb. Tryed diffrent power configs to no avail.

The only thing that works is dvplayer with hardware accelaration ok.
As soon as i install Radeon V3.7 all problems are gone, have you any setting suggestions where i can,t pin point the problem Thanks.

Edited by Lozspd4 on 2022/10/4 11:38:28
Edited by Lozspd4 on 2022/10/4 11:39:40
SAM 460 ex radeon R 290x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lozspd4

Which card are you using ?

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L
Thanks
Hi i am using Assus R9 270x 2GB version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sinisrus
Quote:
GART support is planned for sam460?

No. I tried hard to get it working, but the Sam460 does *NOT* have memory coherency, and the GPU would lock up pretty quickly. It doesn't help that I don't have access to a Sam460 for testing.

@Lozspd4
There are three things you could try that work for others:
- Disable compositing effects in GUI prefs (which you said you already did)
- Set INTERRUPT=No in your monitor file (in DEVS:Monitors)
- Set compositing effects to optimize for video memory (preferred if it works)

I'm still trying to figure out what's going wrong on Sam460 systems. RadeonHD v5 is rock-solid on my X5000 + Radeon R7 250. So far, we've discovered that freezes during video decoding are caused by the UVD hardware flooding the system with interrupts. UVD shouldn't be triggering any interrupts, because its interrupts aren't even enabled.

We're still trying to figure out the root cause of the other freezes. It does look like they may be interrupt related...

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans
Wow Sir you are good turned off Interrupt in devs:monitor,And man is the system fast. Everything works Emotion,mui based software, Games, Candi works.

The system is really snappy Many Many Thanks Hans.

Here my system sam 460ex r9 270x 2 Gb Ram. Os41fe upd2, enhancer 2.2, Radeon V5 Driver.

Settings;
Devs:Monitor Radeon HD 7800 Interrupts turned off
Prefs: Screenmode 1920x1080 ARGB32
Monitors tab: detect atuomatically
Enable interrupts unticked
Allow Fake Modes unticked
Prefs:Gui Effects enable
opttmize for video memory usage
Synchronize with vertical refresh ticked
rest left alone

prefs:Power set to Dynamic Video

I Think setting in Devs monitor Driver for the radeon in tooltypes to Interrupt to NO did the trick.

Many Thanks Hans For your help the system feels a lot more snappier.Know about 2 times faster.and videos play back good with a lot less cpu usage.Well worth the Money.

Kind regards Laurence

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

maybe someone here can help?
Maybe you can make a small program for sam460 users to run to help you? if possible i would like to help

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
So far, we've discovered that freezes during video decoding are caused by the UVD hardware flooding the system with interrupts. UVD shouldn't be triggering any interrupts, because its interrupts aren't even enabled.

I have also freezes on my X1000 with just running the screensaver soon or later...

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sinisrus

I've already run through extensive testing with a beta tester to no avail. As with the soft-resets, unless I/we stumble upon some new information that helps us solve it, it's not happening.

@DJBase
Please submit a bug report to A-EON's bug tracker.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

can you tell if the problem is with the Os4, graphics cards or the sam460s?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DJBase

I had problem with screen savers for a long time, not something new, I expect some of the screen savers have bugs, I always disable the screen savers.

They are only need on CRT monitors, and plasma monitors, never heard about burn in effect on LCD.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/10/5 12:22:53
Edited by LiveForIt on 2022/10/5 18:59:04
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

It is just one example. I have freezes here and there using v5 driver. When I switch back to v3 everything is rock stable.

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt
I have the same problem.
if I save the prefs of the ScreenBlanker I get a Guru
I do not know if it is the same problem.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vagappc

I don't remeber if had any issues with screen blacker prefs, I have not used it in a while

The screen blinkers where not that impressive, I’m a minimalist, I don’t want to worry about other people’s software crashing my system, while I’m writing software.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

Two videos taken from my AmigaOne X1000 with a R7 250 and latest official Radeon HD v5 driver

1st one : MPlayer, Emotion and DvPlayer (crashed with grey screen, compelled to reboot to start it again). I also added a video of MPlayer MorphOS on a PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz and a Radeon 9650 reading the same video.

* MPlayer comp_yuv2 : can't cope with the video. CPU at 100% and desynced sound.

* Emotion : no frame drop but many sound hicckups when the GPU can't cope with decoding.

* DvPlayer : no sound hicckups but many framedrops when the GPU can't cope with decoding.

*MPlayer for MorphOS : no problem reading the whole video (2,7 Ghz and AltiVec may greatly help here).

The same file was read from the same SATA hard drive on X1000 (and from a FireWire hard drive on MorphOS). DvPlayer seems to have troubles reading fluently from a hard drive (whereas there is no problem with Emotion). In RAM: no probem for any of the players.

The second video is Emotion streaming a 720p YouTube video (thanks to aiostreams).

Here again, when GPU cannot cope with hardware decoding, you will encounter sound hicckups. Too bad since it's a great solution to watch YouTube streams.

Note : for Emotion, you have to click outside its window to make it work correctly, otherwise, it will all be jerky. I filled a bug report in AmiStore.

The videos :

https://video.amiga-ng.org/w/brSDvVv8tjJ6znCThsUd7i
https://video.amiga-ng.org/w/kgM94MRF2bngfizdiGrvBH

They are hosted on our own PeerTube since YouTube usually degrades video quality (don't put them on YouTube BTW).

Sorry for the bad quality of the sound on the 2nd video (and a little bit in the 1st) : HD Audio chipset on X1000 may not be enough isolated and we don't have HDMI sound output so jack only.

--
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

It is also possible that the decoding is ok but
there may be issues rendering the data to the display based
on having to click outside of the Emotion Window .

Quote:
Here again, when GPU cannot cope with hardware decoding, you will encounter sound hicckups.

Quote:
Note : for Emotion, you have to click outside its window to make it work correctly, otherwise, it will all be jerky. I filled a bug report in AmiStore.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Spectre660 : I doubt it, it happens when video needs much decoding power.

You did not watch the video, did you? (otherwise, you would not have answered this ;- ) ).

--
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 17 »