Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2022 - September - I Have No Tomatoes - Cancelled
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi everyone,

A bit late, but here is the contest for September!

With only a few days to go, Monday to Friday this week, we will be playing the game I Have No Tomatoes. This game was suggested by walkero a while back.

I Have No Tomatoes is an extreme leisure time activity idea of which culminates in the following question: How many tomatoes can you smash in ten short minutes?

If you have the time to spare, this game has the vegetables just waiting to be eliminated!

This game features solid game play with beautiful OpenGL API driven isometric 3d graphics and nice music. It also includes a MOD player, and you can use your own MOD-type music in the game background. Just copy your XM/S3M/IT/MOD - files to the the 'music' subdirectory of I Have No Tomatoes and the game plays them. You can press F1 to skip a song when ingame. There's room for 128 MODs. Btw, if you don't have any MOD music, ModArchive (www.modarchive.com) is a good place to download some.

The game is available for download at OS4Depot:

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... =game/action/tomatoes.lha

The goal of the contest is to see who can get the highest score in the game! Who will be the Amigans.net champion of I Have No Tomatoes?

With a game only taking 10 minutes to play, it should be possible to sneak in an attempt or two here and there.

Post scores below - screenshots or photos taken with your cellphone is fine. The game does have an Online highscore table as well, but best to put the scores here for everyone to see.

Contest runs until the end of the month (September 30th).

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Update - September 28th: The game crashes if you run it by clicking the icon. Run the program directly instead.

Update - September 30th: People are having problems getting the game to work properly. We've decided to cancel this contest due to this. Sorry.

Edited by AmigaOldskooler on 2022/9/28 9:24:07
Edited by AmigaOldskooler on 2022/9/30 21:32:13
Go to top
Re: 2022 - September - I Have No Tomatoes
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

I tried it, but it does not work for me, or I do not how to play it :D after running the game I get window where I can read some flying fonts/txts and this is it. I do not know how to come away from there? With using keyboard or mouse I ca not skip that intro..

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Voodoo
Quote:

after running the game I get window where I can read some flying fonts/txts and this is it. I do not know how to come away from there? With using keyboard or mouse I ca not skip that intro..

That flying text is SpotUp's intro. If you can't skip it, just run original binary without running intro.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

..now I get this error..

"Error appeared:
- Unable to set the OpenGL video mode 800 x 600 (32 bit)!
Failed to create MiniGL context
"

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This error mean you don't have working minigl on your setup

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:This error mean you don't have working minigl on your setup

:( I have installed minigl from the os4depot , what more I need??

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo
Depends on your setup, if you on RadeonRX, then you currently only have one solution for minigl - minigl4gl4es (also on os4depot), but it is kind of buggy, but still works somehow. For "I Have No Tomatoes" should be enough.

If you on RadeonHD, then you need to install usuall minigl, but then, you also should have Warp3D SI driver installed too (that one need it, as minigl works over it).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:@VooDoo
Depends on your setup, if you on RadeonRX, then you currently only have one solution for minigl - minigl4gl4es (also on os4depot), but it is kind of buggy, but still works somehow. For "I Have No Tomatoes" should be enough.

If you on RadeonHD, then you need to install usuall minigl, but then, you also should have Warp3D SI driver installed too (that one need it, as minigl works over it).

Much clearer for me, now! I have RadeonRX and now I have installed minigl4gl4es and I Have No Tomatoes game is working now, like you said.

Thank you for your help.

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
ok that's the spirit guys

so game runs fine for me for a few minutes then slows down a bit at a time until my X1000 crashes and all i can do is system reset?

I juts updated to the v54 Radeon driver yesterday so not sure if that has anything to do with it but things seem to play nice up until I start playing this game?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It appears there are no lives in this game, I had to hit escape to exit the running game in order to enter high score. I might be wrong thou.

Resized Image

edit: Ah, I see. You have to play for 10 minutes... Nevermind what I said earlier, I was just impatient.

edit2: You have to play ten levels to get to the game over screen. Updated my score.

Edited by levellord on 2022/9/28 0:57:24
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

When I started via icon ($ sign icon), I was not able to get into the game and intro froze on me, had to reset system. When I tried I_Have_No_Tomatoes.exe, it was working as expected. Let me see if I can go through the full 10 mins and see how the game will behave.

Edit: No slowdowns, game worked as expected.

Edited by levellord on 2022/9/29 12:37:53
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry you've had problems getting the game running.

I also get a crash if I run the bundled intro. Some of the intros from Spot in other archives does not work anymore either, so don't know what has happened? They used to run fine in the past. Will update the information about the contest to include this information.

The game works fine here if I run the program directly without clicking the icon.

By the way, suggestions for what to play in October is most welcome! Please post your suggestions in the appropriate thread under the Competitions section in the forum. Thanks in advance!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I can’t get this game working stable at all on my X1000 it’s too choppy at start and then eventually crashes my system

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sorry to hear it is not working, 328gts.

I think we should cancel this particular contest. There are probably others having the same issues as you and therefore can't participate.

Is that ok for you, Levellord, that we cancel this one?

Tomorrow is October 1st, so a perfect day to start a new competition anyways.

I'll try to find a game we all can enjoy without issues.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

Yes, perfectly fine to cancel, no worries!

Go to top
Re: 2022 - September - I Have No Tomatoes - Cancelled
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Thanks for the quick reply. The contest has now been cancelled. Will start a new one tomorrow.

Go to top

Register To Post