Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »
Re: Introducing the Rear Window blog
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Another thing that disturbed me was that the alteredfile overwrite the original when clicking on save...at least a requester that warns about overwriting would be nice.

Hm, that's strange, because there certainly is a confirmation requester when overwriting a file. But of course I might have missed something, so could you please send me an e-mail describing step by step how you end up with an overwritten file without a requester? Thanks!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@levellord

Quote:
When converting WAV sample to 8svx, there should be an option to downsample from 44000Khz to lower frequencies

I'm more likely to implement a Resample plugin through which you could convert the sample rate of the waveform, also allowing you to configure the quality of the conversion.

Quote:
Now what is left for some serious tracking is Protracker 2.3d

Nah, forget Protracker - and I say that as someone who used it A LOT! in the 90s. Use MilkyTracker instead, it's much more pleasant to work with.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@trixie

That sounds good (resample plugin), when you have time!
Regarding the PT, I started recently to learn and make short mods, and switching to Milky Tracker would be easy as I don't know much yet. Thanks for suggestion, will give it a shot.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@msteed

Quote:
Even the file requester is impressive.

I wonder what you'll say when you see the updated file requester that I'm getting ready for the upcoming version 1.2

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Quote:
I wonder what you'll say when you see the updated file requester that I'm getting ready for the upcoming version 1.2

I'm aquiver with anticipation!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

I'm too lazy to find your email address, so here i go

Rave 1.1 (21.6.2022)

1) Start Rave
2) Load any .mp3 file
3) Mark anything and then "Delete" from the PD menu
4) "Save" becomes available, do that
There will be no requester asking for confirmation to really overwrite the file, it just does (maybe i have missed something though)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

But that's the expected behaviour of the Save function! Try with any other program that works with projects or documents: you won't get a confirmation requester in such a situation.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

I'm, pretty sure LibreOffice (i.e.) ALWAYS asks if i really want to overwrite a physical available file...

But anyway, then i'd like to ask for an option to turn on save requesters every time i try to save something to a file...please

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
I'm, pretty sure LibreOffice (i.e.) ALWAYS asks if i really want to overwrite a physical available file...
I'm pretty sure you need to try it yourself, and you'll be convinced you are wrong . (And I just tested it with LibreOffice in Windows, just to make completely sure.)

As Trixie also writes, the standard behaviour when using Save (just Save, not Save As) with a document which has already been saved with a name, whether you are continuing working on it, or you have loaded it after previously saving it, is to silently save the changed version of the document into the existing file.

Now, if you create a new document (or project as we call it in the Amiga paradigm) and then hit Save and specify the existing file, you should get an overwrite prompt before saving.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

I stand corrected then, thank you for checking.
Didn't have time to fire up a second machine and check myself.

@trixie

My feature request still stands though...an option to always ask on saving

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Possibly at a later time: the feature list for version 1.2 is closed now.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Well, as long as it's an option, I'd support your wish.

I can't see myself using it much in the above scenario, though. If I'm editing a sound, I'd want to save it at short intervals to make sure I can revert if I do something stupid, and I'm pretty sure I'd feel that such a requester for every save would interrupt my workflow and concentration.

But there could of course be other scenarios where it might be useful.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Yeah in such a scenario this requester would annoy heavily.

If i'm only loading in a sound, changing something to see if it would fit and saving i`d still like to keep the original for later.

Maybe not using a requester but a temporary file to not overwrite the original and a new menu option?

Something like
- Save (overwrites the original)
- Save session (writes to a temp file)
and getting a warning on closing Rave if the session hasn't been saved permanently?

or something like that...

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Version 1.2 of the Rave audio editor is available from os4depot.net. The most significant new feature in this release is file preview playback in the file requester. Yes, indeed - the editor now allows you to audition the file before you decide to open it. Enjoy!

Edited by trixie on 2022/7/18 16:25:05
The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you so much Daniel for this update. Will test it today.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks trixie, will check it out as soon as time permits. Is version history included (looking forward to resample plugin)?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@trixie
Quote:
Version 1.2 of the Rave audio editor is available from os4depot.net.

Download and tried out the requester. Love it!

One small suggestion. I noticed if you turn on Auto Play and select a sample it plays as expected. While it is playing, if I then turn Auto Play off, then select a different sample the previous sample still plays. It might be nice to stop playing, either when Auto Play is turned off, or when another sample is selected after Auto Play is turned off. Small issue as I can always hit stop but I think it would be more of what a user would expect so you don't have a sample, other than the one that is selected playing.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
I noticed if you turn on Auto Play and select a sample it plays as expected. While it is playing, if I then turn Auto Play off, then select a different sample the previous sample still plays. It might be nice to stop playing, either when Auto Play is turned off, or when another sample is selected after Auto Play is turned off.

Hi Kevin, thanks for trying out the update! But I believe that the behaviour is correct. When you untick Auto Play the mode is turned off, so selecting another file from the list has no effect on playback - you need to use the Play/Stop button. I've just checked with Sound Forge and Wavelab, which are industry-standard programs that I use as reference. The Rave file requester behaves exactly like theirs.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Tested a bit, and in particular tried the autoplay functionality, but noted the option seems working only on the ASL requester, but does not into the editor area!...
I mean would be nice to have this autoplay functionality working also after having loaded the music file into the editor

Also, how about adding a Pause button into the editor area?
Ok i know its not a music player, but sometime pausing a music file may be usefull there

Awesome program btw, let us know when you will be ready to accept translations

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@levellord

Quote:
Is version history included (looking forward to resample plugin)?

A short list of new features is part of the news item. As for the Resample plugin, it's not at the top of the To-Do list, but still very high

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 13 »