Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

Raziel, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »
Re: First user's report of new Intel HD Audio (Azalia) driver by geennaam
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The driver works fantastic in my X5000.

Thanks a lot for your hard work @geennaam

Current Amiga computers: Vampire V4-SA, Sam460ex, A1-X5000/020
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324
Quote:

Earlier in this thread you mentioned an AHI in prefs. I cannot see the updated version in the Enhancer 2.1, can you tell me where to get the updated version?

I installed the FX card and it is working fine, just wondering about the newer version of AHI prefs. I could not find anything obvious on OS4DEPOT.

It comes from Enhancer indeed, it just called "Sound" and placed in "Prefs" dir on Enhancer archive.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Moved hdaudio related questions to this thread.

Quote:
Since you mentioned the documentation. There is a Todo section:
Todo:

- Support for Digital Inputs (Both Optical and RCA)
- Create Docky
- Extend features of hdmixer
- Create Installion Script

Personally, I would be very happy with support Docky. Is there a chance that You realize this feature?

I have switched on my X5000 less then 5 times in the past 1.5 years. So chances are slim that it will happen in the near future.

But I wonder what you kind of functionality you would expect from such a docky. Or do you simply want the hdmixer in docky format?

Edited by geennaam on 2022/12/2 14:20:42
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

It’s easy to get burned out, it’s better to work on things that interests you, instead work on things that interests others, I think you find that’s more motivating in the long run.

When I turn on my computer, I work on things I want to do, or things I do not like. What someone else might like I do not worry about.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
Or do you simply want the hdmixer in docky format?

Yes.

Go to top
Re: First user
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
New driver uploaded to OS4depot. (I've hit the upload button twice so there are now two files in the upload queue )

6.9: (12 Dec 2022)
- Added support for Sound Blaster Audigy FX (V2) (ALC1220 based). This is the best card supported to date with a SNR of 120dB and thd+n =< 0.004%
- Added Install script
- Added Titlebar Docky
- Added workaround for AHI quirk that always selects a monitor input '0' and control monitor volume when you want to play a sound. This can potentially result in a lot of noise when playing sounds -> Added "Mute inputs" as monitor input 0
- Small speed improvements

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

MMmh, an ever so growing piece of juicy software

Great work...and without trying to demotivate you, would you consider this still being off the plate?

I, and probably others with an x1000, would gladly help (betatest/providing hardware info, whatever you need)

Keep on doing what you love

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you !

Amiga 500, 1200, 4000, Minimig, Blizzard PPC, CyberstormPPC, AmigaOS4.1 Classic, PowerBook G4 Morphos 3, AmigaONE 500 Amiga OS4.1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Good to see you in action. Know what you mean about going long stretches without powering up. Happens with me too. I'm in a fairly active phase at the moment, but of course this is not super important to too many people because I'm no programmer. Haha. But good to see you working on making things "juicy," as Raziel said above.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Many thanks for updating, now the sound at the start is sufficiently loud. Unfortunately, I also noticed problems. I can't open the HDMIXER tool. I see a window for a moment but it closes in a split second. Docky also don't works.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Great to see you back at development.
Keep up the good work.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Mixer hasn't changed. Maybe you changed to a smaller screen resolution after the last time that you've used the mixer? This could mean that it is rendered off screen. Delete envarc:hda_vol_ctrl.prefs
Upon the next start of hdmixer, a new prefs will be created.

The docky is meant for the title bar. It's just a small icon like for the cpu docky.

Double click to open en double click to close. The mixer window will appear right below it. It will only change the volume when you release the mouse button. This is how dockies work. The hdmixer uses a seperate process for processing the sliders. This gives real-time volume change. But using this method for the docky results in a crash for me.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

Without having seen the docky in action i instantly have a feature request
Quote:

The docky is meant for the title bar. It's just a small icon like for the cpu docky.

Double click to open en double click to close. The mixer window will appear right below it.

Bottom bar (AmiDock) support, please!!!
Please add an option to make the Mixer window appear above it!

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

I have the hdaudio mixer in the bottom bar. It saves the position of the window before you close it so. It already open right above it in my case. You only have to Close it like a normal window.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

Great...looking forward to it

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
Mixer hasn't changed. Maybe you changed to a smaller screen resolution after the last time that you've used the mixer? This could mean that it is rendered off screen. Delete envarc:hda_vol_ctrl.prefs
Upon the next start of hdmixer, a new prefs will be created

Thanks it helped, now it's ok.

Quote:
Double click to open en double click to close. The mixer window will appear right below it. It will only change the volume when you release the mouse button. This is how dockies work. The hdmixer uses a seperate process for processing the sliders

Thanks for the information. It didn't work for me because I had docky in the lower dock. When I create a new dock, for example in the middle of the screen, the mixer window opens for me, but I have a problem with closing it, because it opens not under the icon but on the icon.

https://amigaone.pl/robocze/mixer.mp4

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Yes, That's because the window opens at the mouse pointer. And this works fine when the dock is located at the screen bar in the top. Because the window is automatically shifted by to below the screen bar.

And I've noticed that other screenbar dockies work in the same way.

I use a fully transparent docky at the screen bar. So the experience is similar to other systems.

But obviously this doesn't work fine for other positions. I could add all kinds of options to the docky icon that allows all kind of positioning and resizing. But this works just fine for me

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennam
Some little bit of nitpicking, but find out that when i run HDMixer , it firstly open the window in the left top area of screen (probably X=0, Y=0 or so), and only after half of the second centered. Like window didn't opens in the middle by default, but only moved to after opening it on the X=0/Y=0

EDIT: i think this is just a logical issue related to how HDmixer binary handle auto-spanshooting ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

When I made HDMixer, I was an intuition and reaction noob. But I have learned a bit in the mean-time. So I have fixed this issue today since I had to add the recording resolution limitation option for AE4 and HD-rec.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Version 6.10 is now in the upload queue of of OS4depot:

- Added Mixer option to limit Recording resolution to 16bit. This is required for programs which do not work with larger recording resolutions (Eg. HD-Rec and AE4)
- Added additional Tooltypes for the Docky to position the docky window

Usage:
Docky works best in a seperate transparent docky placed at the Titlebar of workbench. The docky window will open right below the docky icon.
Use HDmixer or Docky to control output volume, input volume, monitor volume and pre-amps.
Both Docky and HDmixer remember the settings when closed (HDMixer will also remember window size and position when the window is closed).
Docky will update icon after volume change or mute.

Docky Icon tooltypes:
- WINDOW_WIDTH -> Width of mixer window (range: 300... 600)
- WINDOW_HEIGHT -> Height of mixer window (range: 100...300)
- WINDOW_X -> Manual horizontal mixer window position ( Tooltype between brackets to open window at mousepointer. Use this when docky is placed in the Titlebar)
- WINDOW_Y -> Manual vertical mixer window position ( Tooltype between brackets to open window at mousepointer Use this when docky is placed in the Titlebar)

Docky and HDMixer Right Mousebutton Menu:
- AHI Recording->Limit to 16bit: Radio button to limit AHI recording resolution to 16bit. Otherwise recording is 24/32bit (Eg. AHIRecord can record with 24bit). Selection is remembered when window is closed.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 »