Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 119

Maijestro, beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Need feedback on ffmpegGUI for future enhancements - New v1.0 Released!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
New ffmpegGUI version 1.0 released! See News.

Just completed and uploaded, to OS4Depot, an initial attempt at writing a GUI for the ffmpeg video manipulation program. Currently it supports some basic settings but allows command line options to be added to make it useful for the power user as well.

I have several ideas for further enhancements but I decided to release this early version to get some feedback on what users would like to see added. So here is your chance!

I'm no video/audio expert so I need your advice!

What additional features would you most want and use?
Are there additional or different selections that would be useful for the features already implemented?

Here are some ideas that I have for additional features.

Adding a "VCD/DVD" section to make creating VCD/DVD ready file eaisly.
Adding a "Presets" sections for easy "2 click" creation of files to run on various deviced such as iPods, cell phones, mp3 payers, etc.
Adding a "Advanced Video" section to allow padding and cropping of video.
Saving and restoring settings to and from a file.

Edited by ktadd on 2007/8/17 7:22:25
Edited by ktadd on 2007/8/18 3:35:50
Edited by ktadd on 2007/9/4 16:29:10
Go to top
Re: Need feedback on ffmpegGUI for future enhancements
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd (sorry for my bad english)

I use "super" freesoftware is it the GUI user for ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer (for my the best)

is it possibl for you to inspire the syle

for view the soft :

http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche19891-super.html

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Unfortunatly I just found and fixed a minor bug where if you use the tooltype CMD_PATH to tell ffmpegGUI where to find ffmpeg, the "Infile File Info" gadget cannot find the ffmpeg program. Everything else works though, as far as I know.

If this feature is important to you then you need to put ffmpeg in the same directory as the ffmpegGUI program. I've already fixed the bug and it will be included in the next release. Sorry!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Is it possible to localise your GUI ? It's always nicer to work in our native language...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

I think the GUI is nicely laid out and easy to use.

But I'm having a problem converting an .flv video to an .mpeg video that can be played by DVPlayer. I've tried it with Codec set to "Default", "mpeg1video", and "mpeg2video", but I always get a DVPlayer Error saying: "File is not recognised as a supported movie format."

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

___ Paul ___

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

sinisrus wrote:
@ktadd (sorry for my bad english)

I use "super" freesoftware is it the GUI user for ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer (for my the best)

is it possibl for you to inspire the syle

Actually I did look at the SUPER interface when I was collecting ideas on my interface, although intrestingly enough the link to the picture you proveded has the same build number and date as teh one I looked at but the interface itself has some differences.

I haven't actually run it though so it's hard for me to tell what some of the item do. I do like the SUPER interface from the standpoint of most things seem to be visable and it seems easy to use. Unfortunatly though it uses radial buttons a lot which take up a lot of space and therefore tends to limit the amount of selection available to each feature. Given that I decided to use drop downs and clicktabs to ensure I could eaisly expand the freature set and selections in the future. I do like the drag and drop feature for selecting multiple input files though. I definatly consider that.

It's hard for me to tell just from the pictures how some of the GUI works. Are there "specific" features you like that I could consider?

Thanks for the feedback. It's always welcome and helpful!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Murakami wrote:
@ktadd

Is it possible to localise your GUI ? It's always nicer to work in our native language...

Hmmm....that's something I should learn how to do. I'll put it on the list of possible future enhancements. Thanks!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
PEB wrote:
@ktadd

I think the GUI is nicely laid out and easy to use.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
But I'm having a problem converting an .flv video to an .mpeg video that can be played by DVPlayer. I've tried it with Codec set to "Default", "mpeg1video", and "mpeg2video", but I always get a DVPlayer Error saying: "File is not recognised as a supported movie format."
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Hmmm....I'm assuming your using a .mpg extension on the Output file when using the mpeg codecs?

Did you check the ffmpeg output for errors after converting the .flv file?

I don't have a native .flv file but I successfully converted an mpeg1video to flv and converted it back to .mpg using the mpeg2video codec and it plays with no problems.

You might try using ffmpeg to convert the .flv file to .flv using the flv codec, then try converting the resulting file to .mpg using the mpeg1video or mgeg2video codec.

If your .flv video isn't to big (< 2M or so) you could email it to me and I could take a look. Sorry about the size limit but only dial-up is available where I live.

My email address can be found in the ffmpegGUI.guide documentation under the "Author" section. The one under the "Thanks" section is wrong! Gotta fix that!

Hopefully this helps!

Go to top
Re: Need feedback on ffmpegGUI for future enhancements - New v0.7 Released!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just uploaded a new verion of ffmpegGUI v0.7. Sorry but I just had to fix the CDM_PATH bug and while I was at it I added a new feature. See below.

Version 0.7
Re-arranged gadgets on Video and Audio Tabs to make Codec the first gadget.

Fixed bug where the "Input File Info" feature could not find ffmpeg if the CMD_PATH tooltype was used.

Added a "Clip Setting" section with a Start Offset and Duration gadget to support clipping portions of a video or audio file.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

WOW! nice GUI for an excellent program i use all the time.

Nice additional feature would be to batch process like thempegencgui.

Support for -vtag options would be nice on the gui too

Also a tick box for forcing same quality (-sameq)

Useful when converting mp4(aac) to -vtag xvid -vcodec mpeg4, for hardware divx dvd-players otherwise the video quality is seriously compressed.

Is there and option so the frame rate remains unaltered ?

Edit- I see it is issuing a -sameq already

Edited by Jurassicc on 2007/8/18 10:47:57
Edited by Jurassicc on 2007/8/18 10:51:00
A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Jurassicc wrote:
@ktadd

WOW! nice GUI for an excellent program i use all the time.
Thanks. glad you like it and find it useful.

Quote:
Nice additional feature would be to batch process like thempegencgui.
I agree. I've been thinking about how I might implement that.

Quote:
I'll look into this one.

Quote:
Is there and option so the frame rate remains unaltered ?
Unfortuntatly I didn't see a way to do this as ffmpeg sets it to 25 by default, even if I don't issue the command. I will probably change it so the interface doesn't issue a frame rate command if it's set to 25 though. That way it won't interfere with commands like -target.

Quote:
Edit- I see it is issuing a -sameq already
Yes. The -sameq is issed of the video bitrate is set to no change. That was the only way I could see to not use the default bitrate. I might handle this differently in the futre.

Thanks for the excellent feedback!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Jurassicc wrote:

Is there a place I can find a list of common vtags?

For now you can always put the -vtag option in the 'Additional options' string.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Here are some ideas that I have for additional features.

Adding a "VCD/DVD" section to make creating VCD/DVD ready file eaisly.
Adding a "Presets" sections for easy "2 click" creation of files to run on various deviced such as iPods, cell phones, mp3 payers, etc.
Adding a "Advanced Video" section to allow padding and cropping of video.
Saving and restoring settings to and from a file.

All these features added in the just released v1.0 with the exception of the padding and cropping capabilities.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ktadd

fantastic work dude.. i'll try to compile a newer version of ffmpeg when i find some spare time..

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

afxgroup wrote:
@ktadd

fantastic work dude.. i'll try to compile a newer version of ffmpeg when i find some spare time..

Hey, that would be great. If it's possible to get AAC audio and H.264 video encoders included then I could add presets for iPod and the latest PSP devices. I think there might be a special build for the PSP though.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd
@afx

keep going champs!

ktadd: if you get bored in the future, there's another
gfxpackage that surely could use a gui.

ImageMagick.

Go to top

Register To Post