Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 20 »
Re: Qt 6 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

about webit source problems with little/big endian. MorphOS' Wayfarer webkit code is public here https://github.com/jacadcaps/webkitty
In case it helps somehow.

KEEP THE GOOD WORK MATE!!!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Once I read that you start to work on a port of chromium, I immediately go to google, type "chromium on PPC", to see threads where they say that 32bit PPC was not supported, so blablalbal. At this point, i just didn't write anything, at least, not to the moment when you were about to have binary :)

Maybe PPC 32 support also can be added, especially by you, knowing how good you know all those internals. So don't give up.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I suspect that you're correct because alfkil's compiler switches have 64-bit CPU references when the target is 32-bit:

"-DV8_31BIT_SMIS_ON_64BIT_ARCH -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DV8_TARGET_ARCH_PPC -DV8_TARGET_ARCH_PPC_LE -DDISABLE_UNTRUSTED_CODE_MITIGATIONS -DV8_31BIT_SMIS_ON_64BIT_ARCH"

I know this is way too easy to be a solution, but it would be interesting to see what kind of errors get thrown if he removed the following compiler switch on his next build attempt:

"-DV8_31BIT_SMIS_ON_64BIT_ARCH"

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ferrels & kas1e

Both are correct, and I have noticed the compiler switch. At this point, there are so many things going on, so many switches to keep track of, that even if I make it with an actual executable, it will be magical. And just to make it clear : I have not given up, I am simply giving it a break in fear of overload. There is plenty of time, maybe I will push it to next year, maybe, maybe... ;)

EDIT : And just to comment on the link - I am pretty sure, that the responsible is static vs shared. This should be fixable.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

donation sent Once you have a complete package I recommend you sell it on AmiStore

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

Why would you give Matty one third of the $$$ that alfkil
deserves for his hard work on Qt6 ???

@alfkil

Alfkil, please avoid anything to do with Matty. I'm glad
to contribute for further development, just don't feed the
weasel.

It would be even better if I could use an Amiga browser to
make the contribution! ;D

Keep up the great work!

Thanks,

PJS

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for all the input. I will handle things with care.

Now : I have started building everything again, this time with dynamic linking. I have reached the point, where the linker complains, that it has undefined symbols like IDOS, IExec, INewlib etc.

Is there a generic solution to this, or do I need to set up manual code bits to open these interfaces manually? I am thinking IExec... and INewlib...

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I think you can avoid to add them manually if you use -lauto at the linker.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

But -lauto doesn't work with dynamic linking, or??

EDIT : Ah, now I remember... These should be included in the startup code, right?? And because I am linking a library, this is not included by the linker. So what I am looking for is some flag to switch off warnings for undefined symbols...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
You need to add include of necessary headers in amigaos specific files and open all the necessary libraries manually if you don't want to use -lauto

Also, about dynamic linking, do i understand right that what you want to build usually have lot's of .so , and small exe to use them ? If so, i imagine there will be all sort of new amiga specific issues with it :)

Static build from other side, can be too big for amiga maybe ? But at least if it didn't links into final binary properly (and didn't tried) on cross-compiler, it can be something just wrong with all ifdefs/ifs/elses in makefiles, etc.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I am pretty sure, that at least IExec and IDOS are included in the startup code. So it would mean trouble, if I defined them by hand.

I am doing a shared build now to see, if it solves some of the problems with linking the web engine. I am so sure, that it will, that I am ready to take on problems with the amiga build. I am guessing, that they will mostly be related to paths.

EDIT : To answer my own question - I found this line in the CMake complex :

Quote:

set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_LINK_OPTIONS "-Wl,--no-undefined")

It basically tells the linker to complain about undefined symbols. The symbols mentioned above are all included in the amigaos specific startup code, so the linker needs to disregard those.

EDIT : I think we have been here before :

rpath-link

It seems, that the dynamic linker doesn't read the rpath. Can this be confirmed??

EDIT : After manual assign, this is the result :

emutls

.. which is because of this :

libstdc++.so has wrong version

If I copy libstdc++.so and libgcc.so from adtools (build version 11) it links correctly. But sadly the unix path module (-lunix) seems to have stopped working (same as -lauto, I guess). Is there any good way to re-enable unix paths?? It is quite essential for not having to change entirely the way Qt 6 works...

EDIT : So, the problem was not with -lunix after all - as a matter of fact this works quite well. No, instead it was a missing reference in qlibraryinfo.cpp :

Quote:

return QString::fromLocal8Bit(QT_CONFIGURE_PREFIX_PATH);

... has to be insterted for __amigaos4__ in that function.

Now, signals have a hickup when switching to dynamic linking. This phenomenon is discussed in this thread :

invisible dynamic symbols related to missing signals in Qt

Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 11:28:00
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 11:28:28
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 15:28:38
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 15:39:37
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 15:42:32
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 15:57:04
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/24 14:40:37
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/24 14:41:29
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/24 18:50:20
Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/24 18:50:52
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ thread

Guys - I want to do a streaming event. I haven't set up anything technical yet (apart from testing the physical equipment), but I have decided on a date and time :

Saturday December 4th at 16:00 (4 PM - GMT +1)

Let me know, if that suits you. If you are interested in taking part, of course. It could be cool to gather at least a few people, and with the time frame in order, I would try and have a finalized product, so for enabling people's own experiments.

Edited by alfkil on 2021/11/23 19:06:44
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
I am in :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

I will do my best to be there as well. Can`t help you with the code but if you need people to test anything ... i`m in

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I'm in! :)

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'm in, too

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I'm in!

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@alfkil
I am in as well. If you are going to do it on YouTube, maybe you can pre-set it from now, so we can set reminders to it. This way more people will be able to get prepared about your stream.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
try my best to be available

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@all

Cool! So good to see so generous backup. I promise, I will do a good stream :).

I will, as Walkero suggests, use YouTube to stream instead of Twitch. I think this solution is better for my linux setup. The service has not been set up for broadcast yet (there is a 24 hour initiation pause). As soon as it is ready to broadcast, I will send suitable notification.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 20 »