Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »
Re: MediaVault releases
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
I would say, distribute it on OS4Depot if you want, because I don't know when I am going to bring the replacement.

Ok, I've uploaded to OS4Depot.
It's named mediavaultscript.lha and it is currently in the upload area.

Named it that way so it would show up at the bottom of the MediaVault download page. Unfortunatly I was very limited on characters and that name uses the max.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Resized Image

A few days ago I run a poll among my supporters, who helped me decide the next big feature for MediaVault. The poll had 4 different options. The one that got the most votes is "Mark favourite radio stations and podcasts".

I am excited to work and bring this feature to MediaVault, since this makes it really useful, not only to discover radio stations and podcasts but also to organize them and create your favourite lists, for faster finding what you would like to listen to.

This is a feature that no other application for AmigaOS 4 has, and I am really happy to work on this.

So, the next v1.5.0 I expect to have this new feature for all of you to use.

I would like to thank all of my supporters who helped me decide the next step, and for supporting me with a lot of coffee. :D

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Hmm, if I had seen it, you would have had double the number of votes for DLNA .

But yeah, bookmarks/favourites are definitely useful too.

Best regareds,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
It includes the ability to not only choose the player from a requester but also allows a choice to download a stream copy or convert to mp3 as it's downloading. It requires ffmpeg for downloading to work.

Nice touch.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

George's program is brilliant and getting more useful almost daily with all the updates. Meantime, your wonderful and well conceived script brings very useful functionality. Being able to select among players on an as-needed basis is handy, and it is very smart how it defaults to one of them in a few seconds if no action is selected. I did edit the script to increase this delay from 3 seconds to 10 seconds because I am sometimes too slow to move the mouse and find my button in time. Heh.

Although I love AmigaAmp for music playback there are too many podcasts that don't work with it. Although I love Emotion for videos, using it for audio only playback does not give the visual stimulus I somehow crave. Using ffplay for podcasts has been bulletproof so far, and I like the waveforms dancing around in the window. :)

Also, love that you made it possible to save a stream as an mp3 file. That's going to be quite handy at times.

Good work, G and K. It is appreciated. These kinds of projects make AmigaOS and its associated weird and exotic (heh) hardware useful. I'm finding excuses to turn on these machines more regularly now, after letting them sit dormant for a very long time. Thank you!

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@nbache
To be honest, that was the next feature I wanted as well, but I am glad to work on favourites now, because DLNA will get more time. So, it is better to have favourites sooner than later. But it will come.

@mbrantley
Thank you so much for your kind words. In my opinion, apps like AmigaAmp, Emotion and ffplay help us use our Amiga's with media files. But we can't copy files from computer to computers, like mp3s and playlists. Now it is much easier to have a media server somewhere and stream from that.

I needed so much an app like MediaVault, because I couldn't have available the radio stations I wanted on any machine, especially when they changed URLs and the old ones stopped working. So I ended up with broken lists. And of course, having the podcasts available.

But think also that these apps, make the Amiga more useful in ways like, you want to work on some code or a document or an image, it is much more joyful if you have your beloved music playing in the background. And things like that make the experience better. Having a snappy OS, with no delays and distractions, help you have the work done.

Glad I had the time to work on that. And expect more interesting stuff soon.

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Yesterday I finished a small part of the new feature I am working on MediaVault, and I am so excited about it that I want to show it to you. So I created a small video which you can watch at the top of this page.

Soon, you are going to be able to mark radio stations as your favourite ones and keep a list of them for a faster start of your beloved stations. After all, this is what my supporters asked for at the poll I did a few days ago.

You can watch the video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIjznG2KO4

You can find more info at
https://ko-fi.com/Post/MediaVault-favo ... tations-preview-F2F36PWVB

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Nice going, walkero. It gets better every week.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I just released MediaVault v1.5.0.

This version brings the following:
* Added the ability to mark favourite radio stations and podcasts.
A new list is created where you can find them and select one to
listen to
* Added an asterisk above the play button that helps the users to
add the selected podcast or radio station to the favourite list.
It also works as an indicator if the selected item is already
in the list or not.
* Added "Listen Later" list which will have the marked podcasts
episodes which the user select from the Bookmark button,
above the play button.
* Added all the necessary images into the archive, with
Martin (Mason) Merz permission
* Added help hint texts at the play, bookmark and favourite
buttons
* Compiled with libcurl 7.79.1
* Removed the small boxes at the end of each line at the update
changelog text
* Code simplified and cleaned in some places
* Fixed issues that could make MediaVault crash system at the
image download section. This fixed also some images that were
not downloaded. So now it will be able to show more images
than before.
* When the radio station and podcast list was populated but a
the new search brought no results, the lists were not cleared and
the choices were not usable. Now the list remains as it was,
with the results it had, but the choices are usable, as they
were.

Find more info at https://ko-fi.com/post/MediaVault-1-5-0-released-Q5Q26S1WM

I would like to thank my supporters at https://ko-fi.com/walkero, who help me a lot with the further MediaVault development.

Resized Image

You can download it at OS4Depot and from my Github at
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault/releases/tag/v1.5.0

The project is open source and you can find the code at:
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault

If you have any requests or you would like to report any problems you found, you can do it at:
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault/issues

Hope you will enjoy this new release.

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Very good changes. Bravo

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Great work..again...

Thanks so much!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

New features very welcome, thanks.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Thank you for another update.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Thanx, working just great!

\o/....X1000....\o/
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I would like to inform you all about the projects me and my supporters donated today.

Since I started my ko-fi page I decided that by donating to me you also donate to other projects and developers, as I donate 50% of the goal or monthly amount to others.

This month we supported JPV and Orgin for OS4Depot.net and for the tremendous work they do.

Once more, I would like to thank all my supporters for your generous donations and support. With your help and love, you help me do the best work I can and provide it free to everyone.

For more information please read at https://ko-fi.com/post/Two-more-Amiga- ... -with-your-help-N4N86T6AJ

Follow me on
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I just released MediaVault v1.5.1.

This version brings the following:
* Added podcast episode duration at the right sidebar, when one is selected
* Added HardBass radio station genre after a user request
* Compiled with SQLite 3.34.0
* Before showing an avatar image, now there is a check if this is already visible
* Update the Favourite and Listen Later lists in real-time
* Now the podcast episodes appear in the middle section, instead of the right
sidebar, to be more visible and easy to use.
* When the application starts, checks automatically for new updates and
informs the user
* Fixed a bug at the update process that could make MediaVault crash
* Fixed podcast episode number to show higher numbers than 255
* Fixed showing Season and Episode on podcast episodes from "Listen Later"
list

Find more info at https://ko-fi.com/post/MediaVault-v1-5-1-released-E1E76W8TN

I would like to thank my supporters at https://ko-fi.com/walkero, who help me a lot with the further development of MediaVault.

Resized Image

You can download it at OS4Depot and from my Github at
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault/releases/tag/v1.5.1

The project is open source and you can find the code at:
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault

If you have any requests or you would like to report any problems you found, you can do it at:
https://github.com/walkero-gr/mediavault/issues

Hope you will enjoy this new release.

Follow me on
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
I just released MediaVault v1.5.1.

Nice, I like the poscast hadling much better.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Been a busy few days here, but I just got around to updating MV. Must say, the new arrangement with the podcast episode titles in the larger middle section is a nice improvement. That works out especially for me since I use a larger system font by default because of old-eye vision. :)

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
That's very nice to know that such a small change had that big impact. Thank you everyone for using MediaVault.

Currently, I am working on the DLNA servers' support which is a little bit tricky and will take some extra time to complete. I will keep you updated here, and from my Twitter and ko-fi accounts.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@walkero

Still getting nicer all the time - and DLNA next! Yay!

BTW, you wrote above in the 1.5.1 post that it would be available on OS4Depot, but I haven't found it there yet, had to go to Github to get it.

As you did earlier write that only 2nd digit updates (e.g. 1.5.0) would be on OS4Depot, I gather it was a typo in the 1.5.1 post?

Regarding podcasts: Are you planning to make it possible to search for podcasts (on the top level) by language, country etc. like for radio stations? Currently it seems the only search is for the name or part of it - except under "Trending" where you do have a couple of search filters. Seems a bit odd to have them in different places in the two sections, but maybe you have a good reason for that?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »